Dynamic Rivals

I was wondering if anybody has seen Rivals changing in FM11. In FM10 I played with Old Bradwell Utd from lvl 11 up to the Premier, but I had no rivals for my entire career. I think that would be something that should really be added into the game if it is not already.

Yeah, long-term competition with neighboring clubs and heated/aggressive ties (in terms of the media handling and on pitch atmosphere) should contribute to an increased rivalry rating. I haven't noticed anything like this in FM11, but it seems like a natural progression of the increasingly dynamic nature of the game.

The game has been crying out for this for years. For LLM's, it'd be an important feature with smaller teams reaching the top with their rivals still being in the lower leagues. It adds personality to long-term games, and a feeling of 'yeah, I made Team X hate my club because i'm so good' :p

Tital races over several seasons should affect rivalries, and if say, a top four team gets relegated(!), then perhaps certain rivalries could disappear?

I started my save in FM11 in the Bulgarian "A" League. My first season I was predicted to finish 6th but I managed to finish 3rd and secure my team a Eurocup 2nd round start. But in the first season one team beat me 3 times (even though they finished 13th in the league and just outside of relegation). Twice they beat me in league games and once in the Bulgarian cup.

The start of my second season has seen me win 8-1 overall in round 2 of the Eurocup and 3-2 in round 3. My first league game was against this team who beat me last year three times. I dominated the match 18 shots (11 OT w/ 6ccc's) yet failed to score a goal. They had 3 shots total all long range and in the 87th minute from roughly 40 yards out connect around the top left corner of the goal (BS IMO). Of course they go on to beat me. I think this team should be on my rivals list yet they are not...for DLR to work Dynamic Rivals must be included in my opinion.

This is the reason I use FMRTE.. I edit my rivals every few years, based on what teams I hate during my save! There are just some teams that just get on my nerves.. So I make them my rivals, and those I hate the most.. get to be my fierce rivals!

I do the same. Some teams just give me fits and we play tough hard matches against one another. It adds alot to my saves. Plus, If I start at the lower levels ie. Blue Square, by the time I get to the Championship or the Premier, I dont usually see my rivals ever as they are still bottom feeders.

This is the reason I use FMRTE.. I edit my rivals every few years, based on what teams I hate during my save! There are just some teams that just get on my nerves.. So I make them my rivals, and those I hate the most.. get to be my fierce rivals!

Perhaps I should do this for the last 10 years in real life I have struggled to a result away at Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn and Dortmund. I swear every year they code this into the game just to annoy me! lol.

Archived