I bloody love how realistic the game is

BBB

yeah because a THIRTY ONE MILLION POUNDS signing on fee isn't outlandish? A agent fee of £18.75m isn't outlandish?

Hate to think what you consider outlandish :D

Except for agent fee everything is okay IMO. He is only lsightly interested in signing for you, that's why he is asking for such wages etc.

A bit OTT but if you look closely he has only slight interest to join so the offer has to be about twice what he would be asking for to make it interesting. Given that he'll certainly go down quite a bit and makes big money already, you'd come to a realistic demand if he were interested.

What makes it even worse is that his agent dislikes you - I agree that the effect that has needs to be toned down as we don't have the option to talk some sense into their clients (e.g. ask him to have a closer look at what their agent is actually doing...)

wage, yeh but not the signing on fee and agent fee

as said, the demand is very hight for 2 key reasons. But everyone seems to think that sign-on fees of 2-3 mill would be what megastars should ask for. In fact, Bayern Munich payed Sebastian Deisler roughly 10 million Euros signing on fee when he joined them, and that was about 10 years ago. Players make around twice the money now, superstars at least.

I had him very interested in joining and his agent was neutral so I got him for 10.5 Million € a year and payed about 6 million agent and player sign-on fee. Not too bad.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2550/realism.png

yeah, like that would EVER happen in real life.

Utterly ridiculous.

I know, Manchester United having a bid accepted for Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

It's 2013, so whilst I wouldn't be surprised about Ronaldo getting £250k or something (the first £100k players weren't that long ago), £475,000 is ridiculous, as is the agent fee and signing on fee.

good to see the fanboys out in full force

If you refer to me I have to disappoint you. I am critical of the game, especially impact of uncontrollable factors, I hate to see players moving for their transfer value (which has been toned down , especually for smaller reputation clubs I take it) and I do not think the system is perfect.

This however is just a case of the game telling you that you try to sign a player who isn't really interested, so he'll ask for ridiculous things. Nothing wrong with that, but the feedback the game gives is not ideal. In my opinion the bubble at the top should say "My client isn't really interested in joining you so you'll have to pay way over the odds if you still want to stand a chance".

If he'd be asking for more "realistic" values than what's the point of having player interest and Agent relationshops in the game in the first place. And I already said that the agent relationships has too much of an effect from my pov, especially as it is almost uncontrollable..

Look at the agents mini profile, It states that he dislikes you under the relationship part, might have something to do with it. Seems surprisingly high, however another reason is that he still has more than 2 years on his current deal you should just wait till he has less time left and see if demands go down!

If you refer to me I have to disappoint you.

nah. it wasn't you specifically, rather the multiple people that are defending the indefensible. it's one thing to defend the game against unfair criticism, but to deny there is a problem with something as outlandish as this is laughable.

I'm just glad I haven't wasted my money on the game tbh. am perfectly happy to carry on my longterm game on fm10 atm.

Even though I feel often what they will ask for is a bit on the high side there is nothing wrong with this screen on the basis of purely this screen.

This is his opening offer, you expect that to be massively over what they would actually take. Its like if we can get the club to pay us this we're laughing all the way to the bank, the problem comes in when you can't negotiate it down to a more reasonable amount without the agent hating you.

Ok, I don't know why are you trying to explain this. Yes, he may still have some years of contract, he may be the best, his agent may dislike the manager, but 31 million pounds (pounds, not euro, that's roughly about 45 million euros - half of his transfer fee) for him and roughly 25 millions for the agent means you could get another key player for your team. He is asking for stupidly lots of money.

haha 31 million signing on fee, he could just retire after that and be sorted for life. [fake a career ending injury or something].

So you have got

• 31 million signing on fee
  • 19 million agent fee
  • 48k every time he plays
  • 48k every time he score's
  • 2.4 million if he gets in the team of the year
  • along with the 475k week.

With the amount of goals Ronaldo gets and he usually always gets in the team of the year... this deal is going to cost you millions and millions.

And that's without including your transfer fee, out of intrest how much did you offer for him?

haha 31 million signing on fee, he could just retire after that and be sorted for life. [fake a career ending injury or something].

So you have got

• 31 million signing on fee
  • 19 million agent fee
  • 48k every time he plays
  • 48k every time he score's
  • 2.4 million if he gets in the team of the year
  • along with the 475k week.

With the amount of goals Ronaldo gets and he usually always gets in the team of the year... this deal is going to cost you millions and millions.

And that's without including your transfer fee, out of intrest how much did you offer for him?

Im guessin he would of been tranfer listed by request and be available at £31.5m

Did you try negotiating at all? Tuncay Sanli came asking me for £81,000 a week wages in his contract renewal, he ended up signing for a wage increase of £1,000 going from £40,000 to £41,000 per week. Some agents come with astronomical demands, another example was Thorgan Hazard, his agent requests £45,000 a week, he signed for £2,300 with a 15% yearly increase. If you don't negotiate you're just asking to be fleeced.

Ok, I don't know why are you trying to explain this. Yes, he may still have some years of contract, he may be the best, his agent may dislike the manager, but 31 million pounds (pounds, not euro, that's roughly about 45 million euros - half of his transfer fee) for him and roughly 25 millions for the agent means you could get another key player for your team. He is asking for stupidly lots of money.

1 pound = 1.5 € was a long time ago.

In game, 10.5 m€ equal 9 m Pound...

It's also worth noting that the Agent dislikes you - therefore he is more inclined to much you about.

This was the first thing that struck me. To be sure, the deal they want is crazy, but the agent dislikes you, CR doesn't want to move, I think it's their way of saying 'not interested'.

@charlo116 - why?

if i hate you, then i'm not going to sell you FM12 for 25 pounds am i?

the fact that i dislike you means that i would want to get as good of a deal as i can and then sell it to you at just above market rate, probably about 30pounds (the hassle of you going to the shops and buying it is alleviated by me already having a copy to sell)

@x42bn6 - in 08 and 09, the UK was in a recession (and the economy was going NOWHERE but south), come 2013, the economy may be booming and people would want to have more fees to maximise their income (basic economics lesson there)

further points: Chelsea signed him in season 2 on my game for 180k per week - the fact that he's already played for you and the natural dislike means that he's going to command more

^ why?

the fact that i dislike you means that i would want to get as good of a deal as i can and then sell it to you at just above market rate, probably about 30pounds (the hassle of you going to the shops and buying it is alleviated by me already having a copy to sell)

Don't be silly. Agents get paid on commission via a fee or proportion of the transfer. Therefore it makes sense for the agents to conduct business, and this means not scaring away clubs with obscene demands.

You are not going to get any business if you charge miles over what is standard - will Ronaldo think you are acting in his best interests?

Choice 1: Charge a stupid fee, annoy Ronaldo as you are being greedy and childish (even if Ronaldo doesn't want to move), every club becomes wary of dealing with you, you don't get any cuts of any future transfers

Choice 2: Grit your teeth and charge the standard rate, although be a little more annoying where possible - Ronaldo doesn't get upset, and clubs will deal with you - meaning you get any future cuts

I'll give you a hint - Choice 1 is the stupid choice.

@x42bn6 - in 08 and 09, the UK was in a recession (and the economy was going NOWHERE but south), come 2013, the economy may be booming and people would want to have more fees to maximise their income (basic economics lesson there)

1) The economy is not built into the game

2) This still does not justify Ronaldo's agent asking for a fee greater to one-and-a-bit transfer windows worth of Manchester City money-fueled spending

City spent around £150m in that same timescale. So you are looking at a 10% cut maximum for an agent fee. And unless BBB is offering £200m for Ronaldo, there is no reason why the agent should be asking for such a stupid cut.

@charlo116 - why?

i paid about $AU80 for fm11, which is around 50 pounds so 40 would be a bargain :D.

But seriously an agent works for a player and if the agents bad relationship with a manager hurts the deal then surely the player would just sack the agent if they wanted to move but i haven't seen this in fm11. Sure Ronaldo's only slightly interested in moving anyway but even if you don't like a manager why ruin a potential deal that could earn you millions as an agent because you dislike someone. If they really are as greedy as they're made out to be why give ronaldo no chance of making a move that would earn him and his agent more money.

Archived