Nothing important new in FM since 2007...at least!

Seriously, as the title says, what is new?

Apart from the 3D match engine (which is still terrible IMO), there is nothing new to the FM series. SI have been very clever in rebranding existing features to make the game look new, however there is nothing in the game now which I can't do in FM07.

Press conferences (which are terrible) are there.

Scouting is there.

Player interaction is there (lets face it the updates in FM07 are not even worth talking about thanks to the bugs) and is simplistic and useful.

The 'new' features in the ME such as touchline shouts a season ago are just 'quick' tactics but implemented differently.

The new tactics creator is just the game moving the sliders to set formations defined by SI - wow....

Seriously nothing new is here, it is so draining to buy FM every year and not have things such as team talks improved. How do they overlook this every year. They screw with the ME in every new version even though it is agreed that it has got pretty good in some stages, when they screw with it everything goes back to square one, terrible glaring errors that are missed year after year remain in the released versions.

Basically I will not be buying FM again, since 07 I haven't enjoyed a single release. The game has become less enjoyable and far too serious. People complain about the fact that 'long term' games aren't really something which happens now when they play, I think this is because the fun factor has been reduced. In this day and age the majority of people want quick fixes of enjoyment in a game which FM doesn't supply now because it takes so long to do anything. They get bored quickly because the game stagnates after a few seasons and a new start makes everything fresh again, in older versions it felt fresh after 10 seasons because of the speed of the game.

Oh hang on, just remembered, dynamic league rep is new...and that's only because the users suggested it over and over.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I have, I seriously hate all the 'interaction' now. It's total bo11ocks.

Being asked the same questions again and again by the press, I mean come on, there is humour in the press every now and then, where is the random nature of the press? If you can't get it right don't put it there and if I can send my Ass Man again, why have it?

Team talks annoy me, they are the same as 4/5 years ago at least! That isn't acceptable especially as they were flawed then - this is nothing more than ignoring faults in a game, terrible attitude by SI there.

They jig about with the 'interface' - wow, people do that in their living rooms by creating skins, and they do a better job 90% of the time. They really need to get their act together, but then again I am not bothered now as I won't be buying again. FM11 is the last straw.

Wow there sure are a lot of people who are unhappy with the new so-called "features" the past few years. (including me)

IMO the 3D engine is great and has been a huge step forward for the series. However, all the other stuff just makes the game annoying. Sometimes I honestly would rather go to work than play this game.

I'd definitely play FM07 if not DLR in FM11

The Dynamic League reputation is nice addition, however you will only notice any changes after 10 seasons, if your club and the other clubs in you league have been constantly reaching the semi-finals of the European cups (in case of Europe). So if you can't play 10 seasons or more makes the feature a bit useless.

I find it better to go to the editor and make the league I'm playing the best around.

if the press conferences are too repetetive for you then do what i do and sign an assistant with a high man management attribute and have him deal with it simples.

Why have them there if I have to do that? Why not just have the ability to turn them off? About 95% of people on here turn them off, very successful addition there then...

Sorry for the sarcasm but it's annoying when they add crap instead of fixing current problems.

Why not just have the ability to turn them off?

I'd add also the option to turn off opposition goalkeepers. ;-)

For me, competitions editor is Really Big Thing, and I'm looking forward to see whether DLR will become another one. Also, I see at least some improvents in match engine every year.

Why have them there if I have to do that? Why not just have the ability to turn them off? About 95% of people on here turn them off, very successful addition there then...

Sorry for the sarcasm but it's annoying when they add crap instead of fixing current problems.

MyOleSolskjaer is right. If you don't like it, get yourself a decent assman and leave it to him.

Press conferences and manager interaction can make a difference. I get my assman to handle press conferences, but interacting with other managers can motivate your players, put pressure on other managers, allow you to build relationships with other managers to make them more amenable to you buying their players etc...

Whilst you might find it annoying, it is nice to have the choice.

Pre Match and post match press conferences can be a successfull way of gaining player morale/confidence so ill be one of the remaining 5% that doesnt turn that option off.

P.S i must of missed out on that poll :rolleyes:

the agents addition is rather good even though it needs a bit of tweaking, also selling players needs to be tweaked, I think the OP is just cracking the ***** because he can't win as much as he did in FM 2007, that's all it is, no matter what the lad says to cover it up.

Also lets not forget about the rejigging when you talk to the board, nice improvement.

MyOleSolskjaer is right. If you don't like it, get yourself a decent assman and leave it to him.

Press conferences and manager interaction can make a difference. I get my assman to handle press conferences, but interacting with other managers can motivate your players, put pressure on other managers, allow you to build relationships with other managers to make them more amenable to you buying their players etc...

Whilst you might find it annoying, it is nice to have the choice.

My main point though is they are not a new addition.....been in for years...

the agents addition is rather good even though it needs a bit of tweaking, also selling players needs to be tweaked, I think the OP is just cracking the ***** because he can't win as much as he did in FM 2007, that's all it is, no matter what the lad says to cover it up.

Says it all really.

Where did you pull that 95% figure from? Because I certainly don't remember you asking me if I use them.

You're basing that on the fact that people who don't like certain features are very quick to lambast them here, whereas those who like them or (in my case) tolerate them and use them to my own advantage don't post about them.

That's the way the average human works, they're quick to critise and do it often but slow to praise and do it rarely.

For the past few versions SI have gone down the evolution path instead of revolution. That means that the game will change and improve over time. Apparently the last time SI did a revolution was CM4 and from what I heard that was awful and unplayable out of the box until the 2nd or 3rd patch.

I for one am enjoyiing the 3D; since SI added in the emotions and extra animations I've seen the players in the game doing what they do IRL, like gesturing to a player they've just fouled to tell them to get get up and stop faking, gesturing to the ref that it wasn't a foul and clapping the fans after a good win. It's nowhere near as good as watching a real game, but it's the closest I've ever seen in a game.

Oh, in your OP you said that you won't be buying FM again. So why waste your time in a FM forum?

I own and played fms 06,07,08 & 10 , took a glimpse in 09 and 11 demos .

I am still playing 07 , the only difference is that 10's editor give you the chance to add more divisions , specially for us playing in countries that only have 2 this is a big step ahead .

11 added things i don't like , a guy putted nicely as "things outside the match" , what i hate the most is the press and player interaction , in fm07 you can ignore the whole thing with press conferences and the PA quality of regens is so good that if a player busts your organs you can easily replace him .

Match engine in 10 is bit better movement wise and tactics are super but long shot ratio/goals kills everything , i am not interested in 3D and to put it politely it isn't much better from a FIFA 94 manager .

I do not 100% agree with the op , FM is expanding but in the wrong direction IMO

so in addition to press conferences, 3D match engine and DLR what else is there?

competition editor, transfer rumours, board confidence, learning new preferred moves, additions to ass man feedback, ability to change pitch dimensions, introduction of a transfer centre, all-time best elevens, agents, new contract clauses, ability to pay transfer fees over time, revamp of training, requesting a new stadium be built, match analysis. Just to name a few.

Agreed, but it's becoming incessant isn't it?

Oh there's a new thread, excellent. Oh... "not as good as the old games". Werthers-bloody-Originals.

I can agree to that.

It does seem neverending, and annoying at times.

Just wish a lot more would've been more constructive. Not that my posts here now contributes to any constructivtism (is that even a word?).

But i'm also the sort of person that would like people to say something instead of nothing. Sorry about that lol :p

My main point though is they are not a new addition.....been in for years...

This kind of thing gets posted every so often (or every 5 minutes at the moment ;) ), and I have yet to see a single decent suggestion of what should be done that's 'new'. Everything a manager currently does is already in the game - you can buy and sell players, train them, sort tactics, play matches and so on. Inherently any new feature is going to be a replacement or upgraded version of something that's already in the game. Or it's going to be something a manager doesn't do, like upgrade the stadium (which almost certainly won't ever happen in an SI game).

This kind of thing gets posted every so often (or every 5 minutes at the moment ;) ), and I have yet to see a single decent suggestion of what should be done that's 'new'. Everything a manager currently does is already in the game - you can buy and sell players, train them, sort tactics, play matches and so on. Inherently any new feature is going to be a replacement or upgraded version of something that's already in the game. Or it's going to be something a manager doesn't do, like upgrade the stadium (which almost certainly won't ever happen in an SI game).

Well, a lot of posters are moaning regardless of the state of FM;

new features are either:

-bugged

-minor cosmetic changes

Some people will never be happy; same in real life really.

Has been like this every year, and I know for a fact it will be same dross next year as well.

Best to ignore this drivel and focus on the constructive threads trying to make FM a better game.

Spot on.

I'm sure I read somewhere in one of the aforementioned posts that someone wanted FM to have features like an old manager game they used to play where they could change ticket prices etc...? What the hell. Oh and matchday food prices. Now THAT'S The Sims...

Like bigdunk has just said- everything a manager does is in the game. As the game (as in, the sport) progresses and advances, so does FM. It is merely trying to mirror the things that happen in day-to-day football management. It's a simulation. And I'm not saying that the features are pefect, that's another story; but they're there because they reflect what happens in real life.

What did the Romans do for us......do you need me to continue. I get fed up with people moaning about a truely fantastic game, yes their are some small bugs but these will be resolved.

We should be campaigning for Miles and co to be knighted rather then tear apart every minor aspect of the game.

If you have not found anythng new since fm07 i suggest the blindfold needs to be removed.

What do you think of press etc? All the other interaction and the lack of progress in team talks etc?

Doesn't it annoy you at all? - The lack of progress in certain areas...

im not really bothered by it really, ass man handles most of it but i do them when an opposing managers been having a go at me, or its a big game. and ive had nothing but success with player interaction :D

so in addition to press conferences, 3D match engine and DLR what else is there?

competition editor, transfer rumours, board confidence, learning new preferred moves, additions to ass man feedback, ability to change pitch dimensions, introduction of a transfer centre, all-time best elevens, agents, new contract clauses, ability to pay transfer fees over time, revamp of training, requesting a new stadium be built, match analysis. Just to name a few.

So pretty much everything that was there in 07 but has now been rebranded as a 'new' feature?

Basically, to sum up what I am saying, I am sick of SI releasing a new game every year and feeding us a load of crap about 'new' features when all they have done is changed the way it looks. Why don't they actually improve existing features which are clearly STILL lacking after years?

Oh and if I have bought the game I have the right to voice my disgust at the producers. It's called a democracy.

I can agree to that.

It does seem neverending, and annoying at times.

Just wish a lot more would've been more constructive. Not that my posts here now contributes to any constructivtism (is that even a word?).

But i'm also the sort of person that would like people to say something instead of nothing. Sorry about that lol :p

I'd imagine most of the cnstructiv posts are in the bugs forum, a lot of the stuff in GD is drivel or rants.

So pretty much everything that was there in 07 but has now been rebranded as a 'new' feature?

Basically, to sum up what I am saying, I am sick of SI releasing a new game every year and feeding us a load of crap about 'new' features when all they have done is changed the way it looks. Why don't they actually improve existing features which are clearly STILL lacking after years?

Oh and if I have bought the game I have the right to voice my disgust at the producers. It's called a democracy.

How are any of those rebranded features?

competition editor? learning new preferred moves? match analysis? Would really like to know how they were in the game in fm 2007.

As for your right to voice your opinion please feel free to do so but a lot of replies will be along the lines of other people voicing their opinions that they're tired of these sorts of posts that have no real substance to support any arguments.

What more features would you like in the game??

DLR is a great addtion. Regen revamp has been a huge success IMO. Hopefully the new transfer system when fully patched will be best ever.

I think we all agree the media interaction is a bit tedius.

I don't have a problem with no new features been added, aslong as AI, regen development and the match engine continue to improve with each game Il keep buying it every year.

No gimmicky features + added realism = more fun for me

For me, competitions editor is Really Big Thing,

Competitions editor, such as a excellent database, are great features, but they are both a product of the community. The game is every year going out with the same problems and the same engine (except for some little features) waiting for the community to do the greatest job, making a good game an excellent one. Cause without the DB updates of the community, the great work searching for bugs, the competitions editing, all FOR FREE, the game would be annoing after 2/3 months.

No new big things?

Really?

Newgens.

Dynamic League Rep.

3D Match Engine.

New Match Engine.

Competitions Creator and Editor

Analysis section on match screen

press conference.

Much MUCH better player interaction

New training modules

Tactics creator

More leagues to play in

Larger database of players

I suppose for me those are the BIG things. But there are so many extra little things that make this game so much better than those before it. And before anyone says anything, I'm not an SI fanboi. I hated FM07, FM09 and FM10. I thought they were shocking games. FM11 however, is a massive step up, and if you're too blind to see any major improvements, perhaps you should go and play EA Manager, so you can buy a house and a car, or something.

Most of what you just stated is just feature enhancements as opposed to new features though.

It's tough for SI - they already have a really good game so how do they make it better. Tweak what is in there or add in revolutionary stuff? I think they do a relatively good job of adding new things but are not the best at actually implementing them.

Still the best manager game out there even if this year's game has some major game breakers that need ironing out pronto.

Yeah I haven't had any pressure problems either to be honest. There is a certain sentence that's used a lot on these forums, but I'm afraid to use it as most people have become rather hateful towards it. It starts with: "It's your....."

Okay, I'll get my coat :(

It's definitely your tictacs.

Because if people don't voice an opinion there's a less chance of improving the game.

I would have said voicing an opinion is fine; but outright slating is neither constructive nor helpful. I would also have asked you to show me where in the original post you believe there to be anything constructive or helpful towards improving the game.

However, I notice you have generally conceded these points in your later postings.

I probably tend to look at things a different way than you, maybe than many people, here.

Something i'm quite used to :p

I can't say i disagree with you, because i don't.

At the same time, in a bizarre way, i don't agree 100% way either.

I try to look a bit deeper than what actually is written.

It's probably a habit, since i tend to deal with a lot of angry people, with nothing constructive, at work :p

Archived