How can managers be on 2016 already ?

can anyone one explain how managers are up to 2016 and beyond ? can you skip the match action and just get the result ?....because i seemed tom play last years game and only got 2014 while i heard some were on 2030 and beyond......no sleep or is there someting i should know to play this game faster, any advise would be greatly appreciated.......just can't put 2011 down.........

Once the season begins and all my transfers are done and dusted along with training and tactics. I set it to holiday until the next game I do this all the way until January then I check the free transfers for contracts I can offer see who I can sell and once again when that is done I always holiday between matches, I get through the seasons pretty rapidly doing that.

Beats me! I have been playing FM11 as much as I can (though I do have to work 40 hours a week) and I got it on Steam on Nov 4 and I still have 6 league games to go in my first season.

I guess you could holiday through each match as long as you can trust your asst manager to make reasonable subs and tactics etc. I think that would cut out all the fun though (for me anyway).

I have force continue on, but I've been taking it very slow to look into a morale issue, but yea, my PC can bang out a season on holiday in about 10 minutes so 7 seasons is little over an hour leaving my computer to its own devices.

I am in 2014 without holidaying as well, I have played about 5 days worth of playtime since it came out, admittedly I had 5 days off work at the time and went from there, I play with Extended Highlights on every match.

But some others are actually playing and far ahead of me, they generally do commentary only, and then some like acid burn holiday between matches. I seem to spend about 12 hours of play time in June/July every season rebuilding my squad as I play at lower levels and need to improve the quality every season. Other than that it takes me about a day to get through the rest of the season no problems, and this includes doing press conferences, backroom meetings, talking to players etc.

yeah but they keep sprouting up, cant there be a section for em =/

I know its annoying but this is the section for them to be fair. I'd be more bothered about all the "is this laptop good enough for FM11" threads or "where is the German national team" threads.

Started the 2016/17 season now (i think), and i've been holidaying a bit. But that's when i'm unemployed. Apart from that i just, more or less of course, click continue until the next match.

The stuff that takes time for me is, new contracts, checking out recommended players from my scouts, setting up set pieces.

Apart from that i just basically plow through everything.

Beats me! I have been playing FM11 as much as I can (though I do have to work 40 hours a week) and I got it on Steam on Nov 4 and I still have 6 league games to go in my first season.

I guess you could holiday through each match as long as you can trust your asst manager to make reasonable subs and tactics etc. I think that would cut out all the fun though (for me anyway).

I'm only at 4th January 2011 in my first saved game! Got the game on release day, guess I'm busying than some other people! :D

Still in early February in my first season. I play very slowly with a big game; that's each match on full detail and the whole of Europe loaded. It can take me an hour plus to go through a week and the match at the end of it. I also have no reserve team on my current save so I'm having to play friendlies to keep fringe players fit.

I think the furthest I have got in FM in recent years is something like 2017 or 2018. That was when I still played with extended highlights. I'm enjoying this years version and really intend to get past that.

I'm in 2016 but haven't been holidaying, I've just been playing a lot!

I have games on "commentary only" and full match speed so dont really watch them, it's more a case of just watching the stats. Once I have the squad set up for a season I pretty much plough through the games, I don't really spend any time on much else. And I have a brand new PC so it runs very fast.

But ultimately, I've just been playing a hell of a lot as I happened to have a week off work (wasn't planned for FM11 honest!) and have racked up over 100 hours on the game already as a result.

Different people play at different speeds on different computers.

I can spend 10 hours before clicking continue for the first time. I can also get 2 seasons done in 10 hours.

For me, that is the beauty of this game. It's pick up and play, or pack up your life to play.

Im in March 2015 (5th Season) and I havent been on holiday at all. I've also still got a 100% record in the press conferences so i dont know how Im through that far. I have England and Scotland loaded down to the bottom leagues and France, Germany, Italy and Spain down to the 2nd division, with Large database and all English players loaded.

I dont have a full time job at the moment and havent had much uni work in the past 2 weeks (only a 1000 word essay). I have 7000 words to do by mid december though so Im sure i wont be getting much further in the next month.

It depends on playing speed mostly.. some tend to do alot of micromanagement while others dont..

I dont micromanage and I usually play a season in like 3-4 hours.. perhaps more.. So I can easily get through 2-3 seasons in a week (school, wife, kid and such takes up alot of time..)

I'm in 2017, just one season holidayed, then none since (the first, as it's part of the challenge I'm participating in). I have a fairly rapid computer, and just one country's leagues loaded. I do all my press conferences and set up tactics before each game. I watch each game in 2D with Key highlights on about 75% of maximum speed, no replays. I'm just pretty fast at playing the game I guess!

I've also spent 10 hours a day on average on coursework as I'm in the final year of University, so if I can get that far, I'm sure anyone can!

I don't get it, why buy a game and then just 'accelerate' your way through it? Each to his own of course but that sounds like a complete waste of money to me. I'm exactly the opposite, I take all the time in the world training up my players, I do all transfer deals myself and I even arrange the friendlies too... Then when all that's finished I watch every single match in 'Full Match' mode.....lol.

I'm now thinking, maybe this is why a lot of people are refusing to accept a lot of the complaints people have about the game, they're going through so fast they haven't seen any of the problems.

I play 6 teams from 6 different leagues and will finish the 10/11 season next June/July if all goes well........I actually play each game, prepare tactics, read the news, react to the press/players. I thought that was how to play the game? I guess FM doesn't need the features if it's just a statistical end product that is desired. I'm with jon157uk & stevio11.......I don't get the speed demons, but as long as they find enjoyment in doing it that way....do what thou wilt.

With no holiday and attending all press conferences I can manage to come the half of the 3rd season. In game time I've played 3 days and 8 hours. But its possible to come 2016 with no holiday I think. Indeed, the first seasons are more exciting, the game is getting easier and regens are all around the game after 5th season. Probably I will give up my current save in 2016 :)

Once the season begins and all my transfers are done and dusted along with training and tactics. I set it to holiday until the next game I do this all the way until January then I check the free transfers for contracts I can offer see who I can sell and once again when that is done I always holiday between matches, I get through the seasons pretty rapidly doing that.

Check out this goon, holidaying betwen matches hahaha. Have you not heard of continue game timeout, set it to 5 seconds and your sorted.

I have force continue on, but I've been taking it very slow to look into a morale issue, but yea, my PC can bang out a season on holiday in about 10 minutes so 7 seasons is little over an hour leaving my computer to its own devices.

What are your computer specs?

In answer to the OP, a few possible answers:

*Holiday mode

*Unemployment

*Lack of social life

*Dedication

Since FM11 came out, I've gotten to 2017. I holidayed the first season, but since then I haven't holidayed a single day.

I am unemployed but I'm in my final year of University and chairman of the Music Society, so I'd probably have more free time if I was employed to be honest.

Lack of social life may be true, but I've managed a night in the pub, a gig (36crazyfists :D) and a meal - less than average, but that's more due to the fact I'm shattered after spending 10 hours per day in the week on coursework and lectures, and sinking into the sofa playing FM is ideal after that.

Dedication? Well, I'm enjoying the save if that's what you mean.

Archived