Possesses ability to make attacking throw ins useless.

The long throw ins are best when they create a pinball situation in the box, I play as Stoke and have had a bit of success getting them working, pack the box, it causes the AI to pull their players back too and there is a large element of luck but it does often lead to corners or more throws or free kicks and what not. Even Stoke in real life aren't guaranteed a goal every game or every few games, before this weekend against Liverpool it had been 22 goals since the last one came from a Delap throw in and he is largely considered to be one of the very best at them at the moment.

If you have somebody good like Delap, he can hurl them straight towards the keeper ready for someone to knock it in. I don't usually mess with throw in routines, I just let the players do it. Sometimes I'll put one of my strikers in the near post position just to give more options, having 3 people wait for a short throw in is a waste, get somebody up at near post or into the box and hope there's an early cross.

I don't think any player ever do bullet throws unless you teach him the PPM ... at least that is the only time I have ever seen them.

In FM10 I once met Wolves who had loaned some youngster from Man U. who did those .. they scored three goals from his thow ins :( ... I haven't played much in FM11 yet.

Archived