Negotiating your contract as a manager (possible bug)

At the end of my first season with Man Utd, I was offered a new contract of £80,000 a week. I found I was able to negotiate my contract down. I asked for £1 a week and they accepted my terms and offered me the contract. Now I know people in previous years have asked to negotiate your contract down as well as up but that idea has always been knocked back because nobody IRL would turn down a pay rise or even request a pay cut, certainly not down to £1 from £80,000.

So, has anybody else done this or tried this and could it be a possible bug? I want to get a few opinions first before posting it as a bug,

I wouldn't consider it a bug.

You can either use it wisely, or unwisely.

I brought my wage down from £180 to £150 to help cut costs.

So its more of an exploit then rather than a bug? Its just with it not being available in previous years that I thought it may have been an oversight and a bug. It does help though even if it is a tad unrealistic (if you abuse it like me) :)

Definitely an exploit in my opinion, especially in the lower leagues. Shouldn't the minimum wage be a factor, in the UK anyway?

Not so sure about that. Obviously IRL it would be but I dont know how easy that would be to code. On my manager profile it says Wages N/A so I dont know exactly how much they are paying me but I did request £1 and they accepted.

Not so sure about that. Obviously IRL it would be but I dont know how easy that would be to code. On my manager profile it says Wages N/A so I dont know exactly how much they are paying me but I did request £1 and they accepted.

How would it be difficult to code a full time employee must be paid at least £X?

It should be that if you have a low wage it's more simple to sack you. Isn't it?

Good point, ive never thought of that. Saying that though, if your doing well in the job, would that make you more likely to be approached from another club because the compensation for you to your club would be small?

Sure in game if you're in team X and team Y wants to sign you, team Y must pay team X. This is in FM for sure so it can be a malus to have a high wage.

But as a bonus, I'm not sure that having a high wage can be a way to save your job (or delay your sack...)when in trouble. Only SI knows :)

Archived