Own Goals: This is Absolutely Ridiculous

Now, there are a lot of complaints about the transfer system, missed one-on-ones, too many bookings, etc. These do need fixing, but the ridiculous amount of own goals is starting to get on my nerves. I noticed a lot in FM10, there were probably more than real-life football, but FM11 takes it to an entirely new level of ridiculousness. There have been a total of 5 own goals, taking place in 4 of my last six matches. Both of my last two games have been decided through own goals:

January 18 v Barcelona

January 25 @ Barcelona

February 1 v Malaga

February 4 @ Osasuna

Even though most of these have helped my team, I'd rather see my strikers score than earn cheap wins from own goals by the opposition. Not only that, but the crediting of many of these own goals is ridiculous- in the Malaga match, Javi Martinez earned an own goal when a Malaga player rifled a long shot. He was in the box, and jumped at it, and it brushed across his head and into the goal- it was already going there, it just happened to touch his head on the way.

There have been a huge number of own goals across my other matches, but I think the point is made for now.

I have no examples but does anyone think that some own goals are more deflections that would not be given as own goals in a real game.

I've seen several like that, yeah. It usually seems to happen during goalline scrambles; the ball goes into a scrum of players, and then emerges into the goal with one of the defenders being charged with an own goal. I've had way more help me than hurt me, though, so I'm not going to complain too loudly. ;)

Archived