Anyone else play like this?

Suge

I've recently decided to try and keep FM as realistic as possible which only takes a minimal amount of effort because it is pretty good already. To make it as hard as possible i've decided not to go into the profile screens of players anymore, so in other words, I never check their attributes. I literally use the right-click menu to scout, interact, and do everything with a player. The reason is i've found it too easy to build up world class teams with world class youngsters in the past so i've decided to go down another route. For this to work you need to watch every game on full and really be particular with the kind of staff you need because you need to trust them completely with their reports and advice.

Then through a kind of trial and error process you can set up your corner/penalty takers and all that malarkey.

When you win a game it's a cracking feeling.

How realistic is it that a manager doesn't know any attributes of his players though? It's not like you can see them in the training like real life managers can. Also, I don't believe the match engine is yet advanced enough for us to be able to tell quite a lot of things by just watching games. I'd love to have enough time and patience to watch matches in full though.

It is advanced enough. When a player misplaces a pass once you can put it down to a weak passing attibute, when he does it numerous times you can conclude that some of his mental attibutes aren't quite developed yet. I understand that you can't watch them in training but you can sufficiently judge via the training screen which attibutes are increasing or decreasing. Your assistant helps you a lot with pinpointing individual training routines as well.

Do you think Alex Ferguson has a list of attributes in front of him and picks his team based on those?

It is advanced enough. When a player misplaces a pass once you can put it down to a weak passing attibute, when he does it numerous times you can conclude that some of his mental attibutes aren't quite developed yet. I understand that you can't watch them in training but you can sufficiently judge via the training screen which attibutes are increasing or decreasing. Your assistant helps you a lot with pinpointing individual training routines as well.

Do you think Alex Ferguson has a list of attributes in front of him and picks his team based on those?

No, but he certainly could rate his players in order of crossing from best to worst. Immediately, without any comparison whatsoever.

He keeps the "ranking" in his mind.

It just so happens that we assign numbers to rankings, and this happens to be... The attributes of a player.

But you read the scout report right?

I think that the Lower League Managers play like that, check their forum.. sounds fun tbh.

Even diehard LLM players look at player profiles (I think). What you absolutely cannot do is go to the Player Search.

I think looking at attributes is OK because as their manager you will know what their strengths and weaknesses are even if you don't think about them numerically.

I kind of play LLM style but not totally.

Archived