Robin Van Persie Unhappy At Being Dropped to the reserves...

So Robin Van Persie, as he does, is coming off the back of a long injury, so i select the option of play in reserves until fit, he gets unhappy at being PLACED in the reserves and requests a transfer, isn't this a big over reaction, i mean he has just come back from a big lay off and this has never been an issue in previous editions....

I'd put this in the bug section. Not good

Is it really a bug though?? It could happen in real life that a player would be unhappy, even if you think it makes sense. It also could happen (indeed with Balotelli, is likely to happen) that a player dislikes another, and doesn't trust his manager!

I do not consider this a bug, unless it happened all the time.

I never has any problem with players requesting a transfer.

I do get players coming to me who say they are unhappy [putting them in the reserves or rejecting transfer offers etc] and i just tell them straight away that they are being totally unprofessional etc, and they usually say sorry and think they may have been out of line.

Then on their personal screen straight after it says " feels he as a good relationship with you ".

I think some people are selecting the wrong responses when talking to players. :thup:

I told him he is bein unprofessional and he told me he isn't backing down, understandable for balotellii but how it got to that situation is baffling, as i had been offering out RVP to clubs all week...why wouldn't he believe me after this...

Is it really a bug though?? It could happen in real life that a player would be unhappy, even if you think it makes sense. It also could happen (indeed with Balotelli, is likely to happen) that a player dislikes another, and doesn't trust his manager!

I do not consider this a bug, unless it happened all the time.

I would consider this to be 100% a bug. He is nurturing Van Persie back to full fitness by making him available to play in reserve games. It happens all the time irl. The game should be able to understand the managers reasoning for doing this...

So Robin Van Persie, as he does, is coming off the back of a long injury, so i select the option of play in reserves until fit, he gets unhappy at being PLACED in the reserves and requests a transfer, isn't this a big over reaction, i mean he has just come back from a big lay off and this has never been an issue in previous editions....

I got this with one of my players, even though hes played over 20 games in the first team since, he still has it has a complaint!!! GEt over it I dropped you there for a reason!!!

Just one point guys, I'm not really getting this issue, and it might be that I'm managing in the Irish first division currently. If this issue is more concentrated in the top tiers, then I think this is pretty well implemented IMO. Might not be, and if people of all sorts of clubs are having this issue then yeah it sounds like an issue.

I did have an issue with my club captain throwing a strop and I ended up sacking him but, tbf, he never requested a transfer.

RVP is shocking, not a finisher, not good in the air, no pace..doesnt offer much specially if your playing one man upfront. i made him not needed and transfer listed him and sold him to barca. dont get me wrong i think he is good but probs work best in a formation with 2 up front so i werent fussed, hes not a 20+ goal a season guy

RVP is shocking, not a finisher, not good in the air, no pace..doesnt offer much specially if your playing one man upfront. i made him not needed and transfer listed him and sold him to barca. dont get me wrong i think he is good but probs work best in a formation with 2 up front so i werent fussed, hes not a 20+ goal a season guy

Got 31 in 34 games for me first season...

This is deffo a BUG guys, comon get real ?

SI sort this please, its getting ridiculous if this is actually happening in game.

You are talking about VP and Balotelli here ...neither of them is shining example of professionalism and teamwork..let alone loyalty.It's like placing fire in barrel full of gunpowder, so you can't expect anything good coming out if it ever.

You are talking about VP and Balotelli here ...neither of them is shining example of professionalism and teamwork..let alone loyalty.It's like placing fire in barrel full of gunpowder, so you can't expect anything good coming out if it ever.

Ok both the players are two of the worst people ever to grace this planet (let alone football) when it comes to professionalism, but are you even considering the circumstances n which vanpersie became unhappy according to the OP? Do you mean to say that both the players demand to be in the starting lineup as soon as they recover from their injuries? Currently van persie is injured..do you mean to say that if Wenger tries to check whether he is fit for the next game by playing him in reserves the player will immediately become unhappy and request a transfer? At least use a little bit of similarity when trying to defend an obvious bug in the game

This isn't a bug, the OP selected the wrong option by moving him to the reserve squad, that sends the message he is not wanted. The correct selection, as already mentioned should have been leaving him in the first team squad and selecting 'available for reserves until match fit'

Ok both the players are two of the worst people ever to grace this planet (let alone football) when it comes to professionalism, but are you even considering the circumstances n which vanpersie became unhappy according to the OP? Do you mean to say that both the players demand to be in the starting lineup as soon as they recover from their injuries? Currently van persie is injured..do you mean to say that if Wenger tries to check whether he is fit for the next game by playing him in reserves the player will immediately become unhappy and request a transfer? At least use a little bit of similarity when trying to defend an obvious bug in the game

Again, you have player with low loyalty , professionalism,teamwork and high level of narcissism, and OP is not Venger(no offense). Before VP got to Arsenal he was constantly clashing with previous coaches over any slight issue.Same goes for Balotelli,which is why he ended up in EPL from Inter. While i like them as players ,but only when they feel they are up to playing, their RL personality is exactly what will cause them to act in way they did for OP.

Plus, we do not know what previous situation was , was he upset(sometimes it doesn't show up till you accumulate certain level value of unhappiness) over any statement that OP made in press about anything (matches , other players and not just him). What form/morale and competition positions team has at the moment,and again, there are probably only few coaches in world that can keep two egos like those in check at same time together.

Seriously , this is FM simulation not FIFA manager arcade and there is so many variations that can (jointly) trigger situations like this as the end result.

Again, you have player with low loyalty , professionalism,teamwork and high level of narcissism, and OP is not Venger(no offense). Before VP got to Arsenal he was constantly clashing with previous coaches over any slight issue.Same goes for Balotelli,which is why he ended up in EPL from Inter. While i like them as players ,but only when they feel they are up to playing, their RL personality is exactly what will cause them to act in way they did for OP.

Plus, we do not know what previous situation was , was he upset(sometimes it doesn't show up till you accumulate certain level value of unhappiness) over any statement that OP made in press about anything (matches , other players and not just him). What form/morale and competition positions team has at the moment,and again, there are probably only few coaches in world that can keep two egos like those in check at same time together.

Loyalty, professionalism, team work blah blah blah...nothing comes in between the fact that when a player is injured for a long time, the manager will check whether the player is regaining fitness by playing him in reserves..and it does not matter whether the manager is a Jose Mourinho, a Arsene Wenger or a Bobby Wilkinson. It is as routine as say a person who has had a serious accident, goes to a doctor for a final check up. His temperament or his mentality or even his loyalty has nothing to do with it...in fact a more realistic situation would be a player questioning his manager if he plays him directly into the first team soon after he has recovered from a serious injury.

Seriously , this is FM simulation not FIFA manager arcade and there is so many variations that can (jointly) trigger situations like this as the end result.

Yeah i can read :) So you believe FM has enough of a sophistication to consider all those factors you stated above but you are not willing to believe that FM has that much sophistication where it follows a simple (and let me say realistic) pattern that any player who has been out injured for long will test his fitness by playing in the reserves? Do you mean to say that van persie or balotelli have never ever played a reserve game coming on after an injury?

p.s: narcissism??? is this an attribute in the game?

Loyalty, professionalism, team work blah blah blah...nothing comes in between the fact that when a player is injured for a long time, the manager will check whether the player is regaining fitness by playing him in reserves..and it does not matter whether the manager is a Jose Mourinho, a Arsene Wenger or a Bobby Wilkinson.

I guess there is no reason for any club to pay some coach top money , because all of them can do job same way.I think you are underestimating how much of effect diferent attributes have in this game, but oh well.

Yeah i can read :) So you believe FM has enough of a sophistication to consider all those factors you stated above but you are not willing to believe that FM has that much sophistication where it follows a simple (and let me say realistic) pattern that any player who has been out injured for long will test his fitness by playing in the reserves? Do you mean to say that van persie or balotelli have never ever played a reserve game coming on after an injury?

p.s: narcissism??? is this an attribute in the game?

Well, i'm glad that we resolved your literacy.:confused:

If you place some professional player type of Giggs (not that i really like Manchester Utd or something) in this situation and he acts same then it's definitely bug.But, I will take example that involves any two self centered primadonnas with reservation.And yes, your average football player shouldn't/wouldn't complain about getting fit in reserve matches , as long he is still in first team.

But you (and i ) don't know what else happened(if it did) ,since considering that both are strikers , could it be that OP was (maybe)making press statements in order to unsettle some third striker from other team or something else even more sinister. All that would lower hidden stat for happiness and peaks out with that reserve team situation. I know that even in previous FM editions if you drop first team play to reserves he will get unhappy, even if you are trying to get his fitness back after the injury. How fast, depends of loyalty and some other attributes. Those things to be considered before we start screaming "it's a bug"..and not necessarily meaning that it's not bug .

There are issues within the game with current AI manager/player interaction which are quite obvious and can lead to unhappiness of the player fast, but without more of the facts from OP you(or me) can't claim is this a bug or not.

I think the player interaction certainly needs tweaking - but more are the knock on effects. People say the transfer system is poor - but for me it is the player interaction that is the cause. So once the player interaction is tweaked then a lot of other areas will hopefully fall into place too.

Edit - I would add that, I may be wrong but in recent years it seems many player's coming back to fitness don't really get matches under their belt and thus are integrated into the first team over a few games until they are ready, rather than the reserves (unless it is a very long injury lay off). And with the big egos in football today then many players think they are too big for the reserves. And RVP is know to throw his toys out of the pram from time to time. Just a thought. But I guess if players did play in the reserves then I would not know about it - but it strikes me that it is not as common place as it used to be.

I got this with one of my players, even though hes played over 20 games in the first team since, he still has it has a complaint!!! GEt over it I dropped you there for a reason!!!

Im AFC Wimbledon in BSP! so not gunning for champions league glory!

For some reason i think you didn't place him in "play in reserves until fit" but you what you did was actually "play reserve team". I misclick once with my Wolfsburg team and the player was unhappy.

I've set players like Fabregas, defour, RVP in "play in reserves until fit" and they have never gone unhappy....i think you misclick the selections

LOL at the "it's not a bug" people.

P.S Actually, the first post says that kingpin seleced the play in reserves until match fit option

But anyway, even if they didn't, is the game so obtuse that if you place them in the reserves when lacking match fitness, instead of ticking a specific box they can't think around it? It's complete nit picking, in real life you could simply explain right away to put things right but obviously you cannot do that in a game, so why make the game unecessarily restricted? Suddenly your player wants to leave and requests a transfer, and there's nothing you can do about it. Ridiculous.

You need some flexibility in a game, in terms of player interaction, because you don't have as many "options" as real life. It shouldn't be, oh you clicked the wrong bit, he now wants to leave and you cannot put it right at all.

I'm curious if anyone who has had a problem like this has been to the player and told him you're going to have a run in the reserves a while. I haven't had this conversation myself because I have no reserve side, but I'm curious if it would avoid the unhappiness problem.

To be fair would Wenger just stick Van Persie in the reserves in the real world or would he tell him why first?

It'll be hard to train ourselves to do these sorts of things because we're not used to the talk to players about stuff feature. I find myself just doing things I now shouldn't because I'm not used to going to a player first, or even because I'm not sure what I can say to them and what does what.

I'm curious if anyone who has had a problem like this has been to the player and told him you're going to have a run in the reserves a while. I haven't had this conversation myself because I have no reserve side, but I'm curious if it would avoid the unhappiness problem.

In a previous thread about this issue, I have pointed out that this is the way you HAVE to move players around the squads now (will automatically move the player after the conversation as well)

If KingPin did indeed get this problem by selecting the "Reserves until fit" option, then it's a bug as this should have no morale effect

See it as such

Reserves until fit option = Telling player that he is still a first-teamer, but you want him to gain his fitness through reserves games (and occasionally as a sub in the first team), no player should become unhappy with this option

Simply moving them = Telling players they're not good enough and tough...

Telling them you're moving them = Telling players they're no only first team, and having the decency to tell them to their face first - though some players will still not like it, which is fair enough

However, I don't know if there is a way of telling a youth you're moving him to the U18's (not had the game loaded up in over a week now, and don't remember ever seeing it)

This is the topic I was referring too

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233847-How-dare-you-insult-me!-Manager-v-Player

Archived