Why Are SI Quiet?

It's the 13th of February and again today I check the Forums for any news on patch 8.02.

NOTHING.

I only know about a patch because of what SI have posted in a few other topics about a patch coming out at the end of February/March.

IF I had not seen that info, and you have to search for it, and came onto these forums there would be no way of knowing there is a patch coming out.

Its 6 months after the game is released so I would presume that no further patch is being made.

I dont care when it is released but surely a sticky topic on the fact there will be one is needed.

SI's silence on this is utter astonishing considering there excellent customer service.

It's the 13th of February and again today I check the Forums for any news on patch 8.02.

NOTHING.

I only know about a patch because of what SI have posted in a few other topics about a patch coming out at the end of February/March.

IF I had not seen that info, and you have to search for it, and came onto these forums there would be no way of knowing there is a patch coming out.

Its 6 months after the game is released so I would presume that no further patch is being made.

I dont care when it is released but surely a sticky topic on the fact there will be one is needed.

SI's silence on this is utter astonishing considering there excellent customer service.

Maybe instead of spending their working days on the forums continuously making posts about patches, they might actually be working.... on the patch?

If you look through the forum you will see that many posts about the patch have been closed, because it is obvious that it will be released when it is ready. They will never give out a release date until probably the day before its released in case last minute problems etc come up.

Just sit back and play the game.

Unfortunately I think it's because of the attitude of some members of the forums these days. Everything they try to do gets criticised by many, demand for a perfect game is at an all time high and people, for whatever reason, seem much quicker to have a rant these days.

So for those reasons I feel SI would rather just keep quiet and release the patch when it's ready rather than face the inevitable backlash they would get if they missed a hinted release date, or didn't fix an issue they hinted they hoped to fix.

We've only got ourselves to blame imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

not only are you making a big deal, but you've answered your questions yourself.

SI are not silent. They are probably too busy at work making your patch to answer the same question 300 times every day.

What do you expect from them, honestly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the same question wouldn't be asked 300 times a day if there was an announcement with a little bit of information. IE We are working on a patch, it will be out end of Feb/March. No exact date can be given at this point.

Bingo. Not much to ask is it?

I'm not very technical so please forgive this question.

Is it possible for a 'hacker' (if I have the right word) to write me a program that can deliver an electric shock (via the keyboard or mouse or anything else) to the next person that writes a new thread on this subject?

I'll then take requests for further thread topics you want to be included in the "SHOCK LIST".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Unfortunately I think it's because of the attitude of some members of the forums these days. Everything they try to do gets criticised by many, demand for a perfect game is at an all time high and people, for whatever reason, seem much quicker to have a rant these days.

So for those reasons I feel SI would rather just keep quiet and release the patch when it's ready rather than face the inevitable backlash they would get if they missed a hinted release date, or didn't fix an issue they hinted they hoped to fix.

We've only got ourselves to blame imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My feelings exactly. Its because of the constant moaners which don't actually offer any constructive criticism that SI have decided to keep themselves to themselves.

Its all well and good if people are helping and being constructive, but there are so many "OMG THIS IS THE WORST VERSION EVAR!!!1" people that its just mongtastic. If I was SI I wouldn't bother replying to these posts either.

The patch is coming, be happy that it is.

I'm not asking about when the patch is ready.

What I am saying is that I wouldn't know of a patch if I was not such a frequent visitor on these forums which may mean that many FM gamers will be put off FM08 due to the bugs that really hamper the game.

6 months after the game comes out thety may come on here and find 8.01 without knowing 8.02 is coming.

AND there are so many posts about "When is the patch coming out?" but if SI HAD a sticky topic saying they are working on it and it will be out when ready then surely it would cut down useless posts.

SI have always atleast announced a patch is coming even when they are still working on it so why the change for 8.02?

Could mean a few things...

1) They are still working on the patch and have no clue as to when it will be released.

2) The release is extremely soon so there is no point in an update announcement

3) They have taken a decision to stay quiet due to the excessive threads on the patch.

To be honest the silence since the game's release has been an issue for me compared to the previous years when they were extremely communicative on the forum. However, I am happy in the notion that a patch is going to be released and I can finally start playing.

Maybe a quick post from Miles like he did before the last patch would keep the hounds at bay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

not only are you making a big deal, but you've answered your questions yourself.

SI are not silent. They are probably too busy at work making your patch to answer the same question 300 times every day.

What do you expect from them, honestly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the same question wouldn't be asked 300 times a day if there was an announcement with a little bit of information. IE We are working on a patch, it will be out end of Feb/March. No exact date can be given at this point.

Bingo. Not much to ask is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eaxctly my point.

There would not be topics like this if SI posted a sticky at the top of this forum about 8.02.

Why should people who have bought the game not have the right to ask when will it be updated.

Out of the box, this as been the worst FM-CM game I have ever played. 8.01 does make it better. 8.02 will make it amazing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fieldsy:

To be honest the silence since the game's release has been an issue for me compared to the previous years when they were extremely communicative on the forum.

Maybe a quick post from Miles like he did before the last patch would keep the hounds at bay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miles started a thread "These Forums" a while back now and it was aimed at getting people's opinions on what could be done to improve the forums. SI had become "put off" at the attitude within the forums and Miles wanted to help turn this around.

I can completely understand SI's silence over the patch and can understand (just by looking at some of the posts in the forums) why the team do not contribute as much as they used to.

What I would love to hear from SI about (at least in terms of an update) is when they plan to change the forums in such a way that it makes it a more hospitable place for SI and the members to discuss the game once again. I can't see any reason why this would be an issue and then at least we could look forward to some discussions again.

Miles has been pretty good on the forums - although it tends to be when a particularly well read thread reaches fever pitch - but I just hope he has a plan to turn things around on here. I'm counting on this more than the quality of the next patch. icon_rolleyes.gif

They are hopefully all testing the pants off the soon to be new patch, so everyone can be happy. I'd doubt that other developers are as open about what they are doing as SI have been in the past, so perhaps they're just getting on with the game and letting the mods sort the forums out.

But surely astick topic on at least there will be a patch 8.02 would be useful and then mods can close down topics such as "When is the patch coming?".

It would mean that non frequent visitors to these forums would know that a patch is in development.

By far the majority of FM gamers DO NOT COME to these forums.

I listened to the latest podcast for the first time last night and I could be completely wide of the mark here, but I picked up on quite a few hints that we could see it this week.

However, if thats not right, I believe Miles did say on the podcast that the patch would be released in the next month or so.

Give the podcast a listen though, it well worth it and a great addition to the community

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Connor:

I listened to the latest podcast for the first time last night and I could be completely wide of the mark here, but I picked up on quite a few hints that we could see it this week.

However, if thats not right, I believe Miles did say on the podcast that the patch would be released in the next month or so.

Give the podcast a listen though, it well worth it and a great addition to the community </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah the podcasts and I have them but all but I'm talking about at least annnouncing there will be a patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

I think they dont like to put deadlines on things as it puts more pressure on them to get the patch out early feb. We're working wih a bunch of relaxed folk who dont be pushed icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not asking for a releasedate.

Just an announcement that there will be a patch.

Since SI are working on it there is no harm in announcing to the public that at least they are developing it.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think they dont like to put deadlines on things as it puts more pressure on them to get the patch out early feb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course there are deadlines, we just don't make them public incase there is any slippage as through our past experience it only causes massive disappointment.

When we've more news on the status of 8.0.2 then we'll let you all know. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

Archived