International call ups

Who are the internationals?

If it is Scotland then it should be postponed. If it is a foreign nation (including England etc.) it would be up to both clubs to agree a postponement, and I would hope (irl anyway) that my club would tell any other club to F-Off in that instance.

Sad to see they still didn't solve this. I think it was FM08 when I first encountered this (last game before that was CM4) and I remember there were people who came across this problem last year too.

I remember for at least 2 years in a row playing as AS Roma, I was forced to play an Italian Cup Quarter Final match with practically my entire squad (except Totti, who was retired) on International duty. I was forced to play Reserves and Youth team players in order to even field a Starting XI. Needless to say I lost the first time around. Although the second time it happened, I was actually 2-0 down at Half Time and came back to win 4-2 thanks to 4 goals from Alessio Cerci I think it was :)

This even more annoyed me, because obviously there were 4 matches in the QFs, and 3 of them had taken place the week before, when there were NO International matches going on, and the teams I was playing against had barely a couple of players away.

Anyway, if this hasn't been solved yet, they really need to get on it. It's a major flaw.

If any club has 3 or more players unavailable due to international call-ups, they can request a postponement from the football league, i can recommend this is looked at for future versions

That would be good if you recommend that for future versions.

If any club has 3 or more players unavailable due to international call-ups, they can request a postponement from the football league, i can recommend this is looked at for future versions

I seem to remember one of the older versions I think it was in the CM days not sure which one where you could ask the FA to postpone a match. It always came in handy as at least once a season there would be a Champions League game where half the team would be away.

Is it not possible to withdraw them from the squad?

Only if it's a Friendly match they have been called up for. If it's a competitive match you can't withdraw them.

Plus you risk making the player you withdraw from the squad unhappy if you do it...I learnt that the hard way a few years back and never did it again :)

Sad thing is this used to be part of the game.

You used to be able to request postponement due to a international or jammed fixture list.

Having said that, I assumed the game worked around these things as I haven't been unable to pick a team for about 10 years. I was Monaco, had most of my players away with France and I was expected to play the French Cup Final.

Archived