Mountain out of a molehill.

I've just given a player a fine of one week's pay and now all hell has broken loose in my squad.

The player got sent off in a match so gave him a warning(which he accepted). In his first match back after suspension he gets sent off again so I go for the 1 week fine. Not only is he unhappy about it but so are 17 out of 20 other players in my first team squad. I've tried to reason with every single one of the players through private chats but they wouldn't have any of it so now I've a squad of unhappy players. Not good as now I can't renew their contracts.

Bugger.

What was the 2nd red card for?

If it was 2 yellows of if the ref made a mistake then I could understand the player being unhappy about being fined.

I tend to issue a warning for the first two offences and go on from there, so the 3rd and 4th offence would be a weeks wages and so on.

grep: Fining players isn't a part of the "chat" interaction with the player, it's something that every player would know about almost instantly so that the manager makes his point to the whole squad and not just the player.

I think it sounds like he's a disruptive influence and you might be better off without him. He might be the best player in the world but if he's getting sent off every few games then what good is he?

Sometimes you need to put your foot down and be strict too. Going in to games telling players you expect a win or a perfromance might just make them realise who is the boss.

Sometimes you can just ignore the disruption and play through it with no nasty effects. Players will have a tantrum and get over it.

I do think Mr Sending-off is more toruble than worth though. Tell him he needs to improve his attitude or he's gone...if you can.

What is he being sent off for, professional fouls or violent/bad tackles?

If he's being sent of for professional fouls then perhaps he's not really suited to your tactics as they're leaving an opening and the only thing he can to is commit a foul to stop a goal. I had it in my game where a player got sent off for a professional foul only because I was playing a very high defensive line against a vastly quicker striker. I still warned him and he accepted the warning.

If he's being sent of for bad tackles then he's no use to you at all, sell him ASAP.

What is he being sent off for, professional fouls or violent/bad tackles?

The last one was for 2 yellows within 2 minutes of each other. The 2nd yellow was a dive by the other player according to the report.

I always appeal the red card where possible but as usual, was told to do one by The FA

He's a young Centre Back called Stephen Folan who I got on a free from Newcastle. His Personallity is 'Determined'

I just warn all the time even if it's a wreckless tackle or a professional foul.. those would warrant a week of wages off but the potential backlash out of it isn't worth it IMO, i already lost a really good CB on this FM because i fined him for one week and he got all ****y and didn't back out from it.

They'll still lose aggression out of warnings.

This guy is now on 4 reds cards for the season and it's still only Jan. Thankfully he accepted a 2 week fine this time.

I assume if he gets sent off again, it'll be a 5 match ban?

I assumed right

folan.jpg

Anyone know what the record is for sendings off in a season?

Oh, and for some reason, he's still shocked at getting fined

folan2.jpg

Archived