Player/Coach contract

I spoke to Owen Hargreaves in 2013 and told him I thought he'd make a good coach in the future - he said great I could do it now if you want! I said sure and his attributes for staff showed up.

I went to offer him a new contract as a player coach and his agent kept coming back saying player only.

Odd?

Just a quick question: I signed a few player/coaches (old boys mainly) in Spain on FM10 but they weren't available for first team after the new contract. Is that still the case this year? I've Albelda just persuaded to go coaching and I would like to know when to give him the player/coach contract.

I made another thread where I talked about this a little...

Playing Hereford (npower 2)I had a combination of difficulties. First being I could offer a player in a backup role 68K/yr or offer a coach 33K/yr, but if I tried putting them to player/coach the boards maximum salary was only 7.5K/yr. Obviously broken there. They also continued changing the job to player if I made any offer, not sure if that's just because of none of the offers being to their liking.

On the other side of things however playing MLS Colorado I couldn't get regular coaches because the board limited the salary too much so I looked for player coaches, had no problem hiring them at all. Sort of ironic since the MLS is the last place you want player/coaches because of the salary cap and registration spots.

Seems like there are a number of bugs floating around with the added control from the board AI regarding salaries. Should just stick with over all budgets and let us manage individual salaries around that. Feel more like a glorifies secretary just making recommendations then a manager because of it at times.

This might sound like a silly question, but how to I assign a Player/Coach to a specific training type???

I have renewed one of my veteran player's contract to Player/Coach about a month ago, but he still does not appear in the Coaches screen! Do I have to wait for him to retire, before i can use him??

If yes, then whats the point of player/coach contract?

This might sound like a silly question, but how to I assign a Player/Coach to a specific training type???

I have renewed one of my veteran player's contract to Player/Coach about a month ago, but he still does not appear in the Coaches screen! Do I have to wait for him to retire, before i can use him??

If yes, then whats the point of player/coach contract?

No.. I assign them just like the other coach..

anyway.. I use Russian version.. is there any different!

Yes, maybe re-signing one of your own players on a Player/Coach contract is Bugged. I've now signed two of my older players as Player/Coach (they both have spectacular staff attributes), and neither have shown up on the Coaches screen.

Has anyone else tried signing their own player to Player/Coach? Faced the same bug?

Yes, maybe re-signing one of your own players on a Player/Coach contract is Bugged. I've now signed two of my older players as Player/Coach (they both have spectacular staff attributes), and neither have shown up on the Coaches screen.

Has anyone else tried signing their own player to Player/Coach? Faced the same bug?

Not on mine my rio ferdinand is on 120k/player/coach...

This happend to me, when I tried to sign Neville as a player coach, kept on offering him a contract, his agent kept accepting but nothing happened each time

But in my case, the contract is already signed. In the player profile header, I can see player/coach written next to his preferred positions. But he does not show up in Coaches screen.

Archived