Balotelli released after two months

balotelli1.jpg

Discovered Balotelli had been released just two months into my Liverpool save. I checked for any media history etc to see if there was a reason for this but found nothing. He played a couple of Europa League games for City and got sent off in one of them but I cant see them releasing him because of that? I know he's a bit nuts in real life so he might have done a Cassano at the end of the day. Anyone else had this problem?

Only realised he was available through his agent contacting me so have snapped him up. Viva la agents!

whats really going to annoy me is in a couple of months when people start boasting on here about how great a manager they are when people are signing players like Baliotelli, Bassong and Babel on frees in the first season, as well as Tevez/Ronaldo on the cheap... even Drogba on a free... people keep saying "i'm not complaining, i've got some good players" but it kinda makes a mockery of the whole game since its surely unbelieveably easy to build a squad of superstars now over a couple of seasons... there is going to be a lot of boasting threads about how good their teams are... and i know its sad but its going to really really annoy me because they will be unwarrented

Playing a network game with a few friends, and only into October at the moment I think, but already seen that Balotelli has been transfer listed for a few weeks so far. Doesn't really make much sense. Releasing him on a free is even crazier.

Unless of course, you added yourself as Manager of City, released him, then signed him for Liverpool...the guy is listed as a "wonderkid", he should never be released by AI. Especially when they are doing everything they seemingly can to go around and snap up all the decent young talent out there.

i offered 20 million pounds for balotelli got rejected then a few days later they offered him to me for 4.5 million pounds!!! needless to say i snapped him up but i did think that it was dodgy.

Not really if you reflect on it, it's done many times. The guy just don't fit in, and it could blow the hole season.

On the game I do exactly the same thing, that be I have a club that can afford that type of measures. I think we can agree, that Man.City is good for the money to handle it. ;)

This whole transfer bug thing is atrocious. If it's ruining your game, why not do what I do? I'm managing in Level 6 where i don't have a transfer or wage budget. I assemble a team from freebies. By the time I rise through the ranks and encounter Level 1 sides, the transfer fix/patch will be out, savegame compatible, and I won't even know the problem ever existed.

This whole transfer bug thing is atrocious. If it's ruining your game, why not do what I do? I'm managing in Level 6 where i don't have a transfer or wage budget. I assemble a team from freebies. By the time I rise through the ranks and encounter Level 1 sides, the transfer fix/patch will be out, savegame compatible, and I won't even know the problem ever existed.

The thing is some of us view each and every transfer with suspicion (crazy i know). While it is easy to know whether a transfer is dodgy or not when involving big names, we dont know for sure whether this bug affects other players as well. For example playing as Bayern Munich i bought Fabio Coentrao for 4.5 million from Benfica in the first transfer window itself. Dont remember his exact squad status but i think it was Important first team member (if not indispensable) and the player was happy with his club. So what i am doing now is offering fees relative to their squad status: indispensable 300%, first team 200% and rotation 150% unless they ask for more (i know it is stupid but at least in this way i can be sure of bringing some sort of legitimacy to my transfers though it does not prevent my opposition from weakening their team :()

sunlock i have reflected on it before i posted the first time. it is dodgy and it never happens in real life. are you kidding me? i offer them 20 million+ and they reject me then a few days later they offer him to me for 4.5 mill. name one time that has ever happened in real life?

The transfer system in FM11 appears to be very unrealistic and definately needs to be hotfixed or patched as the realism is one of the main benefits of this type of game and to have so many weird and unlikely transfers happening in so many peoples games indicates a big problem.

If this type of thing happened once in a while then fine, you could put it down to just 'one of them things' but the regularity of it is concerning and for some a big spoiler.

I don't wish to go bashing testers and the like, but I can't understand how someone missed this, like the French and Spanish issues fixed so quickly by SI on the hotfix (Fair play to them). To be honest this is a major issue when it comes to realism and effects a lot of peoples enjoyment and unrealistic things like this is the reason we all steer clear of other games. I know it will get fixed, and fair play and we will have to be patient, but if I haved one complaint (and my only one which I have had for many years), is that there needs to be a better structure on the testing programme as some of these errors are so easy to spot, yet they don't get spotted. It comes across that certain people arn't testing the game for SI, but are instead just seeing it as a reason to get the game early! The other issue on this site being, the "I won't hear a bad word said about FM, constructive or not, so I flame and complain the issue doesn't exist", and because of that it doesn't get corrected, and ive seen that happen a lot down the years.

To be honest we are all rather lucky, having been on many gaming sites down the years, SIgames deserve an award for reading, responding and being so patient with so many people on here, because at times I wouldn't blame them to leave it to the mods and not bother with some of the abuse thrown by people spitting there dummy out.

This is a game breaker to the OCD addicted to realism folk, me being one, but on past experiences it will get sorted and for that im grateful. As for those whose enjoyment it doesn't spoil, then they are happy and having fun. In the long run we all win!

I don't wish to go bashing testers and the like, but I can't understand how someone missed this, like the French and Spanish issues fixed so quickly by SI on the hotfix (Fair play to them). To be honest this is a major issue when it comes to realism and effects a lot of peoples enjoyment and unrealistic things like this is the reason we all steer clear of other games. I know it will get fixed, and fair play and we will have to be patient, but if I haved one complaint (and my only one which I have had for many years), is that there needs to be a better structure on the testing programme as some of these errors are so easy to spot, yet they don't get spotted. It comes across that certain people arn't testing the game for SI, but are instead just seeing it as a reason to get the game early! The other issue on this site being, the "I won't hear a bad word said about FM, constructive or not, so I flame and complain the issue doesn't exist", and because of that it doesn't get corrected, and ive seen that happen a lot down the years.

To be honest we are all rather lucky, having been on many gaming sites down the years, SIgames deserve an award for reading, responding and being so patient with so many people on here, because at times I wouldn't blame them to leave it to the mods and not bother with some of the abuse thrown by people spitting there dummy out.

This is a game breaker to the OCD addicted to realism folk, me being one, but on past experiences it will get sorted and for that im grateful. As for those whose enjoyment it doesn't spoil, then they are happy and having fun. In the long run we all win!

Out of interest have you ever been a beta tester?

Out of interest have you ever been a beta tester?

Not for this game no, but I have spoken to a few that have for this game, past and present. Question for you Edgar, how did someone miss the Spanish and French League issues if they were tested properly? Lets be honest they were massive and so much so that a hotfix was rushed out, which was once again a credit to SIgames.

Not for this game no, but I have spoken to a few that have for this game, past and present. Question for you Edgar, how did someone miss the Spanish and French League issues if they were tested properly? Lets be honest they were massive and so much so that a hotfix was rushed out, which was once again a credit to SIgames.

Thats a good question and my answer would be purely speculative.

notice how si fail to admit there is a problem? there are also so many other bugs ive had squad numbers being given to players on different teams! and players saying they are unhappy being in reserves when they are on loan at someone elses first team?? worst fm errors ever

Even Italian non-eu rule seems to be broken. You can get only one non-eu player during a year instead of a season! this is what I read.

regarding OP, I discovered yesterday Milevsky free agent, 28 years old, and is asking only € 600000/season

Even Italian non-eu rule seems to be broken. You can get only one non-eu player during a year instead of a season! this is what I read.

regarding OP, I discovered yesterday Milevsky free agent, 28 years old, and is asking only € 600000/season

The Italian EU rule has been changed in RL, its not broken at all. A little bit of knowledge/research can go a long way.

notice how si fail to admit there is a problem? there are also so many other bugs ive had squad numbers being given to players on different teams! and players saying they are unhappy being in reserves when they are on loan at someone elses first team?? worst fm errors ever

Don't think its a case of failing to admit a problem, from past experiences its looking to see if there is a problem and then trying to sort and correct it for any future patches. You imagine how long it would take them to answer every complaint or moan, or even acknowledge it, if they did that they would still be working on the second Patch for CM97/98!

You find a lot of acknowledgements and comments from guys at SI in the bugs forum, which in fairness is the best place for posts like this that pick up real issues in the gameplay.

SI have acknowledged the problem in the bugs forum, and say it is being looked into.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/236515-(-Game-Breaking-transfer-bug/page2

Post #114

Does google not work on your computer then?

Yes google it works, but I don't read "in the released game the rule works ok" or "with patch 11.1 or 11.1 it has been fixed".

Anyhow, and maybe you read wrong, it's been reported to me that in FM you can buy ONE non-eu per YEAR and not per SEASON and I'm wondering how it's not been reported while testing.

Yes google it works, but I don't read "in the released game the rule works ok" or "with patch 11.1 or 11.1 it has been fixed".

Anyhow, and maybe you read wrong, it's been reported to me that in FM you can buy ONE non-eu per YEAR and not per SEASON and I'm wondering how it's not been reported while testing.

Link please?

The answer to this one is simple. As long as it is the issue I am thinking about, and not a completely separate one I am unaware of(?) the French problem came about with the 11.1 Patch. Playing the game completely unpatched, the bug did not exist, the second it was updated to 11.1 is when the problem occurred. That's how the Beta testers could miss this one :)

As for the Spanish issue, no idea about that one...

Real Madrid rejected offers of €20m for Van der Vaart in transfer window then offered him to sp*rs on deadline day for £8m.

What you're saying is false, there was no 20m bid rejected by Real Madrid.

Madrid earlier denied Harry Redknapp's assertion that the player was subject of an £18million bid from Bayern Munich, whilst confirming they had met the deadline for Van der Vaart's sale.

Sporting director Miguel Pardeza told his club's official website:

"It is absolutely false that Real Madrid received a 21million euro offer from Bayern Munich for Van der Vaart."

"In fact, the German team never showed an interest to sign the player, so the allegations made in England have greatly surprised us."

http://www.skysports.com./story/0,19528,19494_6352643,00.html

you say 'still playing', but that's the end of the 2011/12 season, and he has made just 3 starts, with 14 sub appearances. maybe he's been imjured, but it seems to me he's not being fully untilised...

Well hes not been released for nothing as he point is hes still there and been used

sunlock i have reflected on it before i posted the first time. it is dodgy and it never happens in real life. are you kidding me? i offer them 20 million+ and they reject me then a few days later they offer him to me for 4.5 mill. name one time that has ever happened in real life?

If the lad is unhappy and/or did something stupid, sure it's done. Thats why they have a contract.

Archived