Player attributes: technique

Hi guys,

this is something I never understood fully.As always I start with a team in some bottom league, and when looking for player characteristics, I concentrate only on few ones.

One of those for attackers/midfielders, it seems technique, because intuitively it means "how the player controls the ball". So it can be related to how he stops the ball when he receives a low-cross or a pass, how he tries to do a pass/shoot or also how he tries to keep the ball/dribble.

What I don't understand how is actually this attribute kept in account in the match engine, especially correlating with other attributes like first touch or dribbling??

Cheers

- Atari

Technique is the players natural ability with a football, it can range from first touch to dribbling to more difficult passes or shots.

A striker with high technique would be able to pull off that hard volley, a midfielder may be able to hit that first time pass correctly.

It's hard to say exactly what it does as it enhances so many other stats so well. It'll come hand in hand with other high stats on world class players.

You notice it with strikers mostly.

If they have high technique they might strike a sweet 20 yard volley into the top corner. The numpty with no technique won't even attempt it - he's more likely to try to get his fat head on the ball and bump it out for a goal kick.

It's his decisions that decides that. With low decisions he'll try it and the ball will end up in a neighbour's garden. I'm managing in Level 6 (BSN) where low decisions is common - with frequent hilarious results.

Archived