Team report

Kier

I dunno if its because I've got a crap ass man (in league 9, playing a local team), but a few FM days ago, my starting 11 had mostly 5 stars, go forward a day or two, and now only 3 are rated 5 stars, while the rest are rated half or one star at best. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Same for me in the lower leagues.

My advice is to not do anything rash. Keep checking the star ratings and it will level out. If you bring a player in, it can see a player of the same position having a few stars knocked off if he's at a much lower standard.

The star values change as players come to the league. The players aren't worse, but obviously you can hardly differentiate between players if everyone is 5 stars, so the game 'rescales' the values.

This is all speculation. I agree what you say makes sense as a "base line" setting - but last year "the Community" decided that the "base line" setting was driven by pre-season goals, not best current player. Another point needing official clarifiaction.

This is all speculation. I agree what you say makes sense as a "base line" setting - but last year "the Community" decided that the "base line" setting was driven by pre-season goals, not best current player. Another point needing official clarifiaction.

Its not speculation mate, my players were all four and three stars, and when I got Victor Elm on a free transfer, they all moved down half a star, and Elm was 4 star.

Anecdotal evidence, much more trustworthy...

Its not speculation mate, my players were all four and three stars, and when I got Victor Elm on a free transfer, they all moved down half a star, and Elm was 4 star.

Anecdotal evidence, much more trustworthy...

Apologies, you misunderstand. I agree you saw what you saw - I did too but the views on why this happens are contradictory and not officially sactioned - hence THEY are "speculation". Whatever the reason it is silly why not have 15 stars, 5 bronze (opaque) then 5 silver then 5 gold. Then all players can be judged the same or maybe this way but adjusted by Scout ability.

Archived