So is FM11 better than FM10?

Is FM11 better than FM10?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Is FM11 better than FM10?

• FM11 is a great step forward. Way better than FM10.
    • FM 11 is better than FM10. I'm happy, but not enthusiatic.
    • FM11 would be better, but only if the transfer market issues are solved.
    • About same quality. Disappointed to have spent for that therefore.
    • FM10 is better. FM11 was a step into the wrong direction.

Cheers all.

Just out of interest I'd like know, what - now that the dust has settled a bit and that the professional moaners have vented and left - you think about the new FM.

has it been a step forward? Would it be , if it wasn't for the transfer market? Or is FM10 actually better?

Please feel free to use the poll (which I hope I'll manage to create). Especially when using extreme opinions please also post your arguments, but please keep is sensible as I don't want this to derail into ranters vs fanboys in here. :)

FM 11 has the potential to be absolutely fantastic, but as ever that potential has been marred by a series of errors including the unforgivable transfer market ****-up. As per norm with FM, once it's patched up properly it will be brilliant.

FM 11 has the potential to be absolutely fantastic, but as ever that potential has been marred by a series of errors including the unforgivable transfer market ****-up. As per norm with FM, once it's patched up properly it will be brilliant.

This.

I have gone back to 10 because of the horror stories I've read about the transfer system. I had a taste of it when I was offered a player from one of the top clubs in the prem for free when I was playing as Rangers. FM10 is near enough perfect for me, and I've got a great save going there so I'm playing that. I don't think this is a step in the wrong direction though, it could be absolutely brilliant.

This. If FM11 was a player in FM it would be CA 100 and PA 190. The new features need a lot of tuning for me. Overall just too many bugs - but I would hope that by the final patch it will be up there with FM2010.3 but at the moment it has a long way to go.

The transfer system seemed much more realistic in FM2010, but everything else is a big step forward. I'm somewhat halfway between 'way better' and 'better' on this poll. I'm playing FM2011 now and loving it, but I'm certainly looking forward with expectation to the next major patch.

Not having FM11 myself I wonder what exactly makes the game better than FM10 for those who feel it's the case?

Is it the announced features, which ones or also changes 'under the hood' which were not marketed like some others?

Better: contract negotiation when it works well, more control over player interaction, more informative news items, better training options, match prep, more board interaction, some useful backroom suggestions, dynamic league rep.. and probably more

Worse: Transfer disaster (player happiness + clubs being a push over), tutoring restrictions means only few players can be tutored, contract negotiation sometimes screws up, ME contains some annoying bugs especially for Keeper (meaning directly related to the score).

That's my impression so far after a season

To be honest, I think I was probably in a bad mood with FM when I clicked on this poll and selected the bottom option! :o

However, the fact is that I don't feel at all bothered by FM11 right now and it is sitting on the shelf as I continue with my FM10 saves.

The reason? Well, I hate to rant like a typical frustrated user on SI Games (while in Rome..... :p) but I often wonder why on earth SI decide to muck around with so many clumsy new features, without actually fixing some of the things that are wrong with the game or could be improved. It's shocking how much stuff just doesn't get fixed from version to version.

Last version - FM10 - they finally came out with a really playable version that didn't feel clumsy or put together all at the last minute. It felt accessible, smooth, exciting to play and, most importantly, fun!

This new version - FM11 - just feels like a bit of a step backwards to me, rather than in the wrong direction. It's full of new stuff I don't care about or want in the game, and it seems to me that SI have once again made the mistake of adding a bunch of new stuff instead of first and foremost concentrating on improving what is already there.

If, for instance, FM11 had just one or two new features that felt really 'polished' (to use SI's marketing word from last year) as well as improvements to the core stuff like the tactics creator, I'd be playing it right now.

Just my opinion though and I'll admit that it is coloured slightly by the fact that while playing last night, I had a stupid crash which has been in each of the two previous FMs and still hasn't been fixed. :mad:

Its better, but its more like an update patch for FM10 than a new game I think. Graphics in 3d are much better, although I dont see major changes in the stadiums which were promised. The background scenein 3d is far not diverse enough, I think I'll shut the scenery off after a while as the 3 scenes add nothing.

2011 better for:

Match engine, player interaction (though needs attention; player goes into a huff far too quickly!), news & emails in one list.

Worse for:

Generally disappointing transfer quirkiness (a**hole agents, rigid board (pink) restrictions, refusals to negotiate after one failed attempt, etc.), default that always shows "player" rather than "team formation" on matchdays (seriously annoying this), can't easily see what my remaining transfer fund is (is it somewhere I don't see?), general play/transfer/contract renewal glitches (already mentioned in other posts).

Am optimistic most of the "worse" elements will be sorted satisfactorily.

Meantime, am still playing more 2010.

I like the agents and the way you can talk to the players but for some reason I cant get into the game at all and am really not enjoying it. The players seem to ignore my instructions about not shooting from distance and nearly always shoot from just outside the centre circle and as a result miss. They also nearly always miss practically empty goals. I'm playing as Liverpool and true to real life Torres is currently either injured or cant score. Since I have missed the transfer window i'll have to wait but as soon as january comes around he is getting sold for someone more reliable and less injury prone.

So as far as I am concerned its a :thdn: from me for FM11. Hopefully patch 2 will improve things wgen its released sometime after January.

Archived