Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets

I find the realistic target list will get you servicable players, but few great ones. If you want great ones, you have to go unservicable and wade through all the ones that are truely unrealistic.

In short, if all you want is a backup, realistic is the way to go. If you're looking for a starter for the next three years and into the next league, you need to uncheck the box.

I have just started a new save with southampton, and i want a few players on loan, and when i untick the box so it gives me unrealistic targets players like Macheda, Fabio, Sandro and Smalling show up etc, I just wanted to know if i was wating my time trying to loan these players in or should i just keep the box ticked

I have just started a new save with southampton, and i want a few players on loan, and when i untick the box so it gives me unrealistic targets players like Macheda, Fabio, Sandro and Smalling show up etc, I just wanted to know if i was wating my time trying to loan these players in or should i just keep the box ticked

If it's just loans - then tick the box. A lot of players won't want to come. But still, no harm in offering. Only takes 10 seconds to enquire about a loan.

The main factor is which team you are with.

With the box unticked, you're gonna have Messi and Ronaldo at the top of your list.

Which might be fine if you're Man City.

Not so great if you're Kidsgrove.

True, this. But as a lower league manager, I'd filter out values above what I'd be willing to pay...also current wages more than half my max, since anyone who will agree to a move will want a raise.

As far as potential lonees go, I leave it unchecked, (again) filter out the higher values, and add "Listed for Loan" and no more than two levels above me. Still get some hunting and pecking to do, though...

Archived