(SUGGESTIONS) For FM2012 or beyond

There are a couple of features that I feel would really benefit the game they are:

1 - Better history for the Manager, so that I can click on history and see straight away which competitions I have won in what year and with which club. Rather like the competition history for the teams.

2 - Individual Half Time team talks, One scenario would be, if a player picks up a yellow card, but is playing well you can have a conversation with him in the dressing room about perhaps being a little more cautious but to continue playing well.

3 - Scouting really needs an overhaul, I would like to be able to spin a globe and select which country I wish to send my scout to but when I have selected this country It shows a list of costs to the club such as airline, accomodation. Some scouts could be more awkward than others and although there skills are great, there requirements such as expensive hotels and flying first class would be higher. Once you confirm the destination the costs are shown in your club finances.

4 - Player notes - I would like to be able to make proper individual player notes and once you have created one, a postit note icon could appear next to the player so you can click on it and amend it easily.

5 - Player lifestyle - With the current game getting less and less about football and more about the players lifestyles it would be interesting to have news items about players going out and getting wasted before games or doing work for charity, how you deal with the players who missbehave is down to you. But a lifestyle stat 1 (Calm, charity working family man) upto 20 (Likes clubbing and gambling)

Anyway just a few ideas that I feel may improve on the game, response from SI would be great.

@ OP: While I appreciate all the thought you've put into this post, it sounds like just some more eye-candy. These cosmetic changes may make the game a bit more immersive, but I think they should rather pay attantion to perfecting the features they already have and then building upon them. Specially the part about lifestyle is totally pointless.

1) Would be lovely to see, but frankly it's not essential.

2) Team talks really needs work, I did like the idea of CM2010 where you had 4 levels tone, team Att/Mid/Def and individual. I don't know if it worked or if it was another broken mechanic on that game. But if SI did something like it properly it could really fire up team talks for me.

3) I like scouting as is, but I wouldn't be opposed to a more graphical set-up, and extra information on finances is always good. My big idea here was to have the scouts messages containing the CA/PA star ratings, especially when they came back with multiple recommendations, as clicking on 20 people is a bit tedious.

4) Good recommendation, nothing else to add.

5) We have a bit of that as is (rare sightings I think), but if it became prevalent I would prefer to see interaction options for it too, e.g. a player is caught out drinking and smoking 3 days before a pre-season match, I'd like to be able to say, "right you're down in the reserves for a month as punishment. Wise up lad or we'll have to consider your future".

Non of the above, just make all the features in FM11 work properly, update the data and call it FM12.

That's what people requested (and what happened) with FM09 - FM10. FM10 was a great game. I didn't like FM09, but I do like FM11, so if it happened the same then FM12 would be incredible!

Good OP by the way, some decent ideas. Cosmetic changes are the best changes because they require comparatively little effort, and add quite a lot to the immersion of the game :D

What I would like to see.

1) Set Youth Academy training objective, which allow us to influence the type of newgen we get. The attribute of youth coach should also has an effect on it.

2) Add an option for the human manager to gain full control over Spanish syle B/C team. Or at least allow us to control it's training.

3) More nations should be available with the game. Especially in nations like Saubi Arabia, Bosnia, Ecuador, where every top level teams have a full squad already in the db.

One small feature I would like included is when signing a player you have the option to loan him back to the club you are signing him from. Would mainly work with youngsters who you feel have potential to be good stars of the future but would only play in your Reserves when signed.

Non of the above, just make all the features in FM11 work properly, update the data and call it FM12.

This....

It's the mentality then there always needs to be new things that gets us in the position we are now, none the the AI's work as they should, there are transfer bugs, ME bugs, League specific bugs.

Don't add new things where there are more important things that need tuning or flat out fixing.

@ OP: While I appreciate all the thought you've put into this post, it sounds like just some more eye-candy. These cosmetic changes may make the game a bit more immersive, but I think they should rather pay attantion to perfecting the features they already have and then building upon them. Specially the part about lifestyle is totally pointless.

I like the idea of a bit more interaction at the moment we either click a word or number, lets move away from the spreadsheet feel, and I do agree that perfecting the features we already have is a must but its inevitable that new ones will still be added each year.

I agree w/ people that FM12 should be a polished version of FM11. o just dont release FM12, take a year off, improve off-pitch club stuff, scounting, youth development, takeovers, more staff roles etc. add what THE other manager has and FM doesn't. that would be a perfeck (10 points for catching a reference) game.

• 4 months later...

3 - Scouting really needs an overhaul, I would like to be able to spin a globe and select which country I wish to send my scout to but when I have selected this country It shows a list of costs to the club such as airline, accomodation. Some scouts could be more awkward than others and although there skills are great, there requirements such as expensive hotels and flying first class would be higher. Once you confirm the destination the costs are shown in your club finances.

Anyway just a few ideas that I feel may improve on the game, response from SI would be great.

I agree that scouting needs an overhaul. I’m not fussed about graphics but the way its set up at the moment totally favours those time rich gamers who can spend an hour sending scouts on assignments and reading their reports but doesn’t impose any obvious cost for sending your scouts out to see hundreds of players almost randomly. There is no incentive to plan scouting trips sensibly and not send one scout hopping around the globe from country to country and back again rather then rewarding gamers for carefully sending scouts to a region to see several players at a time.

I agree that scouting needs an overhaul. I’m not fussed about graphics but the way its set up at the moment totally favours those time rich gamers who can spend an hour sending scouts on assignments and reading their reports but doesn’t impose any obvious cost for sending your scouts out to see hundreds of players almost randomly. There is no incentive to plan scouting trips sensibly and not send one scout hopping around the globe from country to country and back again rather then rewarding gamers for carefully sending scouts to a region to see several players at a time.

Let's not forget the fact that you can see a 14 year-old's potential just by seeing his report card.You know how good someone will be by just getting a look at him.And what about late bloomers?

There are a couple of features that I feel would really benefit the game they are:

1 - Better history for the Manager, so that I can click on history and see straight away which competitions I have won in what year and with which club. Rather like the competition history for the teams.

2 - Individual Half Time team talks, One scenario would be, if a player picks up a yellow card, but is playing well you can have a conversation with him in the dressing room about perhaps being a little more cautious but to continue playing well.

4 - Player notes - I would like to be able to make proper individual player notes and once you have created one, a postit note icon could appear next to the player so you can click on it and amend it easily.

5 - Player lifestyle - With the current game getting less and less about football and more about the players lifestyles it would be interesting to have news items about players going out and getting wasted before games or doing work for charity, how you deal with the players who missbehave is down to you. But a lifestyle stat 1 (Calm, charity working family man) upto 20 (Likes clubbing and gambling)

Apart from the lifestyle stuff, I think these are really good ideas. Cause I've thought about them and suggested them myself in the past :D

1) has been suggested for years on end, and it's still not been done. I think it's astonishing really. It's so easy to do too. One extra dropdown option in manager history, and pick it all from history. Done. Could probably be programmed in a couple of hours.

2) Half-time talks need work too. Sometimes I feel options are lacking. More cautious can be sort of done by putting tackling on easy, but there are other things we could want too. I'd like a talk when taking off players for example. "You were ****, my grandma with a cane could do better, so I'm putting her on now"

3) The plane fares and all that stuff is a bit too much details for my liking, but I'd like to be able to tell my scouts to go to a given country. I think we could have a scouting budget for example, and depending on its size we would get certain locations in the world we can scout. With a reasonable budget we can choose to send a scout to Brazil or Northern Africa for example, but that means little to no scouting in Central Europe as we can't afford it all. And for the love of God - let scouting to a single country have roaming!!!! I'm tired of restarting scouting missions.

4) This would be nice. The notes don't really work all that well right now. I doubt many use them at all. I sometimes use them for keeping control of what PPMs I tell them to learn, cause the news message doesn't say anything about what he is trying to learn. For example, it would be nice with a notebook section in the manager homepage where I can write down stuff to remember, and have it visible like the league table or whatnot.

5) Handling of news messages needs desperate work. I liked it much better in 10 when it was separate. At least the inbox didn't get spammed to death then. We should be able to properly select what type of news messages we want to see. Most people only want the crucial stuff I reckon.

6) Lots of other stuff.

Apart from the lifestyle stuff, I think these are really good ideas. Cause I've thought about them and suggested them myself in the past :D

1) has been suggested for years on end, and it's still not been done. I think it's astonishing really. It's so easy to do too. One extra dropdown option in manager history, and pick it all from history. Done. Could probably be programmed in a couple of hours.

2) Half-time talks need work too. Sometimes I feel options are lacking. More cautious can be sort of done by putting tackling on easy, but there are other things we could want too. I'd like a talk when taking off players for example. "You were ****, my grandma with a cane could do better, so I'm putting her on now"

3) The plane fares and all that stuff is a bit too much details for my liking, but I'd like to be able to tell my scouts to go to a given country. I think we could have a scouting budget for example, and depending on its size we would get certain locations in the world we can scout. With a reasonable budget we can choose to send a scout to Brazil or Northern Africa for example, but that means little to no scouting in Central Europe as we can't afford it all. And for the love of God - let scouting to a single country have roaming!!!! I'm tired of restarting scouting missions.

4) This would be nice. The notes don't really work all that well right now. I doubt many use them at all. I sometimes use them for keeping control of what PPMs I tell them to learn, cause the news message doesn't say anything about what he is trying to learn. For example, it would be nice with a notebook section in the manager homepage where I can write down stuff to remember, and have it visible like the league table or whatnot.

5) Handling of news messages needs desperate work. I liked it much better in 10 when it was separate. At least the inbox didn't get spammed to death then. We should be able to properly select what type of news messages we want to see. Most people only want the crucial stuff I reckon.

6) Lots of other stuff.

When I suggested the better manager history to SI and told them that it had been mentioned many times before on the forum they responded that this was the first time they had been made aware, so its good that you have also suggested it and I'm not alone in this.

I think its an interesting idea, as kit designs do change with each new season, as long as its within reason. I dont want to end up with a team in a colour scheme they would never use.

As for my thoughts on new content? Most of it works apart from a few bugs need working out. If they do need something new to put in i would like to see a rethink of the youth system. Such as instead of just random regens popping up you have trial days like with the internationals so you have a say in what you get with the option of having your asm do it if you cant be bothered. Maybe training camps aswell but now im just grabbing at straws. What do you think?

Another feature I would like to see is when you select your team you can call up the First, Reserves and Youth team on one screen split into 3 columns where you can move players from each column, this way you could see in a instance all of your players and where they are placed in the squad, the main reason for this is that my mind isn't like it use to be and I forget where my players are.

One fix that needs to be done is that the Assistant Manager, when set to take control of friendly matches or you go on holiday - even if you tick off * use current match squad * and have all 23 players selected he will ignore this. In both alternatives he chooses to give the whole club - first team, reserves and youth team - match practice, something which results in most of the first team squad needing match fitness going into the season. More control of what the assistant manager does for you is necessary in future versions, both through the holiday screen and as instructions for press conferences.

Speaking of press conferences: as long as the risk of a negative reaction in a player is greater than the possible benefits of a positive reaction, I will NEVER attend any press conference but the first one. To put it even more clearly: a mere morale boost is NOT a good enough incentive to attend press conferences or comment upon other players or managers.

I personally wouldnt mind a complete overhaul. Even if it means no FM one year. The series has either lost its way or they have took it as far as they can. The last 3 fms seem to have gone downhill imo and the same issues keep cropping up but the next eddition doesnt solve it, it just adds more pretty pointless features that don't work that well and so on.

I'm waiting for the version where you have to multichoice your managers drive to work and what effects on team morale it might have if you don't allow your players to go to the toilet at the right time.

Archived