I concede a goal right after scoring 90% of the time, getting old

This game continues to rip my heart out. I cannot win games.

I can go an entire game slamming the other team into their side of the field, score the late goal I need to win, and they all of a sudden have the magic to score in ten seconds. This happens over and over. I can dominate possession and momentum, but as soon as I score the other team scores right back. Usually in the next minute.

Often times these are spectacular goals. A striker weaving through my entire defense to burn the keeper, or a mid-fielder slamming home some impossible 30 yard shot. It just does not fit with the flow of the game at all.

If I take a one goal lead in the 90th minute I almost always lose it in injury time.

This is getting very frustrating.

Look through your games, you'll find that the figure is nowhere near 90%, or that you lose leads in injury time every game. It's called confirmation bias. I'm guessing that even giving a generous 5 minutes lapse between both teams scoring, over a season this phenomenon will happen in less than 5% of games.

Excellent first post.

Got that off your chest?

Welcome.

Someone's bound to say 'its your tactics'

You might want to consider using shouts like 'pass to feet' & 'retain possession' and maybe 'play narrower' just to tighten things up for a few minutes after you score. Then you can either continue in that vain, or move back to your usual style when you feel you have regained control.

Look through your games, you'll find that the figure is nowhere near 90%, or that you lose leads in injury time every game. It's called confirmation bias. I'm guessing that even giving a generous 5 minutes lapse between both teams scoring, over a season this phenomenon will happen in less than 5% of games.

I'm not saying it happens every game. I'm saying that teams I am dominating seem to get a spark of magic after I score against them.

I notice it even in games I win. Looking back over my game history I concede most of my goals within five minutes of scoring.

I'm not saying it happens every game. I'm saying that teams I am dominating seem to get a spark of magic after I score against them.

I notice it even in games I win. Looking back over my game history I concede most of my goals within five minutes of scoring.

But you are, read your title and body of the post please.

*chuckle* If you have anything constructive to add, I'm all ears.

I'm interested in discussing the game. You seem to have other motives.

in all fairness you said it was in 90% of the games.

Whats your players concentration stats like, also is there any way it usually happens, like is it the same sort of goal more often than not? Wjat happens to your palyers motivation after you score?

in all fairness you said it was in 90% of the games.

Whats your players concentration stats like, also is there any way it usually happens, like is it the same sort of goal more often than not? Wjat happens to your palyers motivation after you score?

Yeah, 90% is obviously an exaggeration. But it does happen often enough that I notice it.

My players stats are poor, I'm playing in the BSN. And no, it is not always the same sort of goal. But it usually involves a break. Either the other team intercepts a poor pass, or finds a gap in my defense and sprints down the field.

It feels like after scoring my team just shuts off for a few minutes.

Yeah, 90% is obviously an exaggeration. But it does happen often enough that I notice it.

My players stats are poor, I'm playing in the BSN. And no, it is not always the same sort of goal. But it usually involves a break. Either the other team intercepts a poor pass, or finds a gap in my defense and sprints down the field.

It feels like after scoring my team just shuts off for a few minutes.

and the probably do. I have just been promoted from the BSN in the 2nd season, all of my defenders had poor concentration in the first season and this was always happening,when i scored they motivation changed to 'looking complacment' which usually indicates that they have a low professionalism and motivation, i got rid of them and looked for defenders with a better concentration level.

If the opposition have a determined team and go 1 down, they're certain to get "fired up" or "motivated". If it's so late in the game and you score, then change your tactics immediately to defensive or contain. That should prevent them scoring (90% of the time) and give you a win.

Bare in mind this is a game, no matter how hard SI try, it can't be perfect. This opposition score soon after our team scored issue existed in the past version of FM as well... but think of it the other way around, when oppositions score a late goal and break the deadlock, it also happened often enough the human-controlled team will immediately grab an equalizer as well. But you won't complain about that will you?

i tend to find there are 4 ways the oppo score against me which will happen in 1 outta 2 matches,

either a goal in the first 2 mins, a goal within a min of scoring myself, and one in the last 2 mins plus injury time and finally and the obligitary goal when i have a player sent off its happenend 14 times out of 26 so far in my 3 seasons!!!

its easy to see why your players get tired and because you've taken the game to the other team there fresher.

i tend to find there are 4 ways the oppo score against me which will happen in 1 outta 2 matches,

either a goal in the first 2 mins, a goal within a min of scoring myself, and one in the last 2 mins plus injury time and finally and the obligitary goal when i have a player sent off its happenend 14 times out of 26 so far in my 3 seasons!!!

LOL I was just about to make a post about the insane number of goals that come the instant after you score and find there is already on here. This along with the bizzare number of goals the AI score from 30yds out are pretty much destroying any kind of fun I am having with the game.

You don't have to be a genius to know that there is a MASSIVE increased chance of conceding goals after you just score, it's obvious that during whatever calculations are being made that this is the case. Is it realistic, imo it's bollocks and just a very weak attempt by SI to make the game appear more like football. When it gets this obvious though, it is just insulting to the playere base.

how do u create a new post sorry that it has nothing to do with the subject. just coz im new and i want to no something

Go to the forum you want to post in and above the forum name is a box called Post New Thread- click on that, make a thread title then post. Please however, read this BEFORE posting

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/92967-READ-ME-FIRST-PC-Mac-General-Discussion-Rules-Guidelines

To the OP

If you feel that you are continually lose goals after scoring then you surely must react to that tactically by immediately changing what you do. The AI will naturally throw everything at you after you score, so change your tactics, instructions or formation for 10 mins to counteract that.

take any forward runs off your full backs, set tempo to slowest possible, time wasting to max to shut out games (only talking about the last 5-10 minutes would not do this any earlier)

Seems to work well for me, just got promoted out of the Blue Square South and can't remember conceded many late goals.

Now all I need to do is to work out how to stop conceding from crosses and corners, but that's another issue........

Isn't it a natural phenomenon that you're more likely to concede immediately after having scored? Happens to me a lot, but I accept it as part and parcel of the game.

Yeah this is true, I remember reading somewhere that research had been done into this in real life and the 10 minutes after a team scored was when they were at their most vulnerable to concede a goal.

Yeah this is true, I remember reading somewhere that research had been done into this in real life and the 10 minutes after a team scored was when they were at their most vulnerable to concede a goal.

Wrong. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fact-or-fiction-form-in-football-954440.html

This is myth, and yes I have read the book that this article talks about. There is no greater chance of conceding a goal after you have just scored than at any other time.

As for FM, it's obvious there is a massive extra chance for the opposition to score after you have just scored.

It's weird that so many people complain about FM11 when I find this game completely playable. I mean the release of FM10 was much worse if i remember, injurys happened almost every game(1month+ injuries) plus there was a card bug.

It's weird that so many people complain about FM11 when I find this game completely playable. I mean the release of FM10 was much worse if i remember, injurys happened almost every game(1month+ injuries) plus there was a card bug.

It's like this every release, people just like moaning.

Archived