Stars or stats?.

Now this is a slightly odd question to explain.

One thing i don't quite understand is player attributes.

What i mean is i can have a player who is nowhere near as good as another yet he has more CP stars on the selection screen.

Example

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xfby3q&s=3

Here in my opinion, Boyd is cleary the better player (i play both in AML) yet in the picture below Esajas has the more stars.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=w8xj46&s=3

In the past i've had players with average attributes overall but 7 gold stars.

All i want to know i guess is, what should i pay most attention to stars or stats.

Thanks

It depends on what you look for in a winger. 1 is fast and physical, the other technically gifted. So if you play a counter attacking game, the fast winger will benefit you, but if you like to build the play up, the technical winger will benefit.

Something that you must take into account, Boyd is a natural striker, so just because you play him AML, doesn't make him a poorer player. If you played them both ST I'm sure boyd would "seem the better player" but AML and Esajas seems the better player. Looking at that graph means not a lot to me, again, because its where they fit in a tactic thats important, and I'd need to see actual attributes to see how I'd fit them into my squad, but due to Boyds pace and height, he'd make a very good ST, so playing him AML in the first place, when he has poor technical ability is beyond me. I'd use him as a target man, and a lynch pin for set pieces.

Thanks for the response.

Although i been a fan of fm for a few years i've never really bothered going into the finer details, I always set a formation 4-4-2, set my kick takers and that was about it.

Of course after literally years of minimal success in the higher leagues i've decided i want to learn and master everything about FM.

It the only way i'll ever be able to have some decent success.

Originally posted by Mortified Penguin:

Thanks for the response.

Although i been a fan of fm for a few years i've never really bothered going into the finer details, I always set a formation 4-4-2, set my kick takers and that was about it.

Of course after literally years of minimal success in the higher leagues i've decided i want to learn and master everything about FM.

It the only way i'll ever be able to have some decent success.

I'm not going to lie, there is a lot of reading to be done if you want to learn the finer things in FM, the best topics can be found in the Tactics and Training forum, but just playing about with the settings yourself will undoubtedly give you knowledge only you can understand. Ask away with questions in the forums, as someone somewhere will have an answer for you icon14.gif

Archived