Why is 11.1.1 such a downgrade from 10.3? Needs sorting

10.3 was amazing, why is 11.1.1 such a downgrade?

Big players being sold for sod all.

Stupid amounts of yellow/red cards.

Constant messages about managers on the verge of sack. Have received about 20 from the ManCity manager alone... and thats just in the 1st half of the season.

Agents are abit over the top, you have to pay them stupid amounts.

And also the fact that in a majority of my games I can have 20-30 shots, the opposition can have 2-3 and ill still lose 1-0.. I know rarely this happens in real life but seriously, it happens far too often on the game.

Theres quite a few other things which make the game annoyin for me, why was the game not continued on from 10.3? Quite annoying spending £27 on a game which isn't gona be worth playing till February

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what rubbish.

Getting a few messages about managers who are on the verge of losing their jobs was requested by alot of people last year so it was added. Agents ask alot yes, try negotiating them down, i have never payed more than half of what they originally wanted, in real life agents and players will always demand alot more than they would accept, its called negotiating. All i can say about the goals your missing is that you are not preparing properly. There are too many people not having this same problem for it to be a bug. Are you practising attaking movements, what sort of passing and shooting instructions do you have set? What roles are they on?

Its all well and good to have a rant, but maybe look at why things are happening instead of whinging that its a waste of money!

Calm down a bit. The game has some issues, but if you try hard enough you can get around them.

Transfer bug - brought me CR for 41 million. I don't even like him but I couldn't resist having a good backup winger for Ribrob lol.

Seriously, this needs to be fixed/toned down but that's it.

Match engine - I could write a book about things I'm not hapy with, but what I found helps a lot is leaving the Op instructions alone, especially _never_ as your players to go in hard on everyone. However if you play in a league where you have a ref like mr. Winkmann (203 yellow cards and 13 reds in 29 matches last season...) even that won'T help much. I think some refs need to be made less card happy.

what rubbish.

Getting a few messages about managers who are on the verge of losing their jobs was requested by alot of people last year so it was added. Agents ask alot yes, try negotiating them down, i have never payed more than half of what they originally wanted, in real life agents and players will always demand alot more than they would accept, its called negotiating. All i can say about the goals your missing is that you are not preparing properly. There are too many people not having this same problem for it to be a bug. Are you practising attaking movements, what sort of passing and shooting instructions do you have set? What roles are they on?

Its all well and good to have a rant, but maybe look at why things are happening instead of whinging that its a waste of money!

Ye but my point is, it's not just a few messages i've had at least 20 messages about just the Man City manager "on the verge" every time they're about to play a new game i'll get the same message and its been goin on for 4months. Theres a few . I get a message about the bolton manager 1 every other game. Just starting to get on my tits. Not only isit annoying its the same bloody message every single time not even worded differently.

hardly makes it a step back mate, maybe its a bit OTT but still, there could be plenty more wrong, im assuming you have just posted here and not in the bugs forum asking for some input?

With the agents, you need to also look at the palyers interest level. If he is only slightly interested the agent is going to have a high demand as he is the one thats going to make it happen, if the player is extremely interested then you are in the good position to start knocking him down.

Also in regards to the different worded messages. Think about how amny messages there are in game. Then have SI word them in, say 3 different ways. the game then has to deal with 3 times the amount of info, this will start slowing the game down and you will get people complaining about game speed. I just dont think that different wording is a big deal

hardly makes it a step back mate, maybe its a bit OTT but still, there could be plenty more wrong, im assuming you have just posted here and not in the bugs forum asking for some input?

With the agents, you need to also look at the palyers interest level. If he is only slightly interested the agent is going to have a high demand as he is the one thats going to make it happen, if the player is extremely interested then you are in the good position to start knocking him down.

Also in regards to the different worded messages. Think about how amny messages there are in game. Then have SI word them in, say 3 different ways. the game then has to deal with 3 times the amount of info, this will start slowing the game down and you will get people complaining about game speed. I just dont think that different wording is a big deal

I don't think the wording is needed either, they could just stop me from receving loads of sacking messages for the same people each time i literally press continue

Ye but my point is, it's not just a few messages i've had at least 20 messages about just the Man City manager "on the verge" every time they're about to play a new game i'll get the same message and its been goin on for 4months. Theres a few . I get a message about the bolton manager 1 every other game. Just starting to get on my tits. Not only isit annoying its the same bloody message every single time not even worded differently.

the messages are coming from the press side of the game as in there gussing its not fact he'd be sacked for losing the next game. manager get the press saying they'll be sacked for months in reallife

can you post a screenshot of "at least 20 messages about just the Man City manager "on the verge" every time they're about to play a new game"

I meant i've had about 20 alogether about him, I get 1 message every few days about him being sacked

what rubbish.

Getting a few messages about managers who are on the verge of losing their jobs was requested by alot of people last year so it was added.

Gotta jump and in say - I must have had the exact same message telling me that Sven Goran Eriksson was on the verge of being sacked by Leicester and that it all hinged on the next result, about 20-30 times during my first season - seriously, it was pretty much every other week. So I can't help but feel inclined to agree that that bit of the game is broken.

Gotta jump and in say - I must have had the exact same message telling me that Sven Goran Eriksson was on the verge of being sacked by Leicester and that it all hinged on the next result, about 20 times during my first season - seriously, it was pretty much every other week. So I can't help but feel inclined to agree that that bit of the game is broken.

Ye exactly what i mean, i wouldn't mind a few messages over the season but i'm gettin stupid amounts of them..

p.s I dont understand why ppl r saying im lyin lol?? I play the game the same as u lot i want it to be improved

Gotta jump and in say - I must have had the exact same message telling me that Sven Goran Eriksson was on the verge of being sacked by Leicester and that it all hinged on the next result, about 20-30 times during my first season - seriously, it was pretty much every other week. So I can't help but feel inclined to agree that that bit of the game is broken.

did you read the other part where i agreed that it was over the top? Or just pick that bit out?

Ye exactly what i mean, i wouldn't mind a few messages over the season but i'm gettin stupid amounts of them..

p.s I dont understand why ppl r saying im lyin lol?? I play the game the same as u lot i want it to be improved

who said you were lieing? If you said it because i asked for a screenshot, its cause you said you were getting 20 before every match, now you are saying it is 1 every couple of days

can you post a screenshot of "at least 20 messages about just the Man City manager "on the verge" every time they're about to play a new game"

I've had the same thing, so hes not lying, constantly getting messages about them...

And the transfer system is utterly screwed...

Khedira has just won world player of the year, AFTER moving to Liverpool for £4m a year after joining Madrid (where he played 31 games, so was far from unwanted)

I've bought Alexis Sanchez for around £5m, and Sakho for £6m, a week or two after having offers of £30m and £26m rejected for them...

I've offered Berbatov to clubs for £3m, with no interest, offered Fletcher and Valencia for free, with no interest, yet Chelsea just spent £17m on Ivan Klasnic...

Tons of world class players are transfer listed for cheap or even free, seen Gago, Benzema, Balotelli, Tevez, Essien, Arshavin, Ramsey, Kuyt among others...

Transfer listed players who are "looking for first team football" still demand over 100k, i tried to sign Gago, who had been benched for 2 seasons, and he demanded 120k, he wouldn't budge either...

who said you were lieing? If you said it because i asked for a screenshot, its cause you said you were getting 20 before every match, now you are saying it is 1 every couple of days

I didn't at any point say i get 20 messages before every match u read it wrong. I said i get 1 message before every match, ive had 20 altogether

I didn't at any point say i get 20 messages before every match u read it wrong. I said i get 1 message before every match, ive had 20 altogether

actually, you did

Ye but my point is, it's not just a few messages i've had at least 20 messages about just the Man City manager "on the verge" every time they're about to play a new game i'll get the same message and its been goin on for 4months

no they will average 1 game a week at least, so that would mean that you are getting 20 a week, or 'every time they're about to play a game'

regadless its not the point. I didnt call you a liar in any way, i just wanted to see the actual extent of the news items. Maybe take my advise and post it in the bugs forum, or look there, it may have been noticed

He didn't say he's getting 20 per game. He's saying he gets the "on the verge" message before every game.

The same thing used to happen in FM10 but it would be articles like "Barca not likely

to offer Guardiola new deal" etc. Really annoying if you ask me.

He didn't say he's getting 20 per game. He's saying he gets the "on the verge" message before every game.

The same thing used to happen in FM10 but it would be articles like "Barca not likely

to offer Guardiola new deal" etc. Really annoying if you ask me.

and i said i agree its over the top, buit it has been introduced cause the public were asking for it!!

and i said i agree its over the top, buit it has been introduced cause the public were asking for it!!

So what if people asked for it? I don't see why you keep pointing that out. it's a bug and it's annoying and it probably should have been adjusted by now.

am i in any way saing it shouldnt have been? I said i agree that there are too many and advised why it was added as the OP is a new user and may not have been aware, what is your problem with that?>

Uh, I don't have a problem dude. I'm just expressing my opinion. No need to be defensive all the time.

anyway, back to the topic. OP have you looked at the interest of the players being signed? Is it effecting agents fee? With regards to the shots, what team are you using and who are the strikers and iff possible, what roles and instructions do you have set?

(Please use spoiler tags when player naming)

I agree the yellow and red cards are a problem.

Yes too many managers seem to be getting the sack or on the verge of being sacked.

Players are getting sold for silly amounts, i offered 15 mil for Darren Bent which Sunderland turned down, a week later they offered me him for 5 mil, very strange.

Set pieces are constantly resetting themselves to the default settings.

Players are constantly moaning and are very hard to please in a convo.

Agents fee's are quite frankly ludicrous.

Way too many penalties get missed.

All that said though, i still love the game and couldn't be without it. Im sure the patches will sort out all the niggles.

This is only my opinion from my own experiances in FM11

I agree the yellow and red cards are a problem. - had the same problem till i went though my squad, told them to stop diving in etc, released the players with poor tackling and concentration etc and my cards changed from season 1 96 yellows and 17 reds, to 29 yellows and 1 red.

Yes too many managers seem to be getting the sack or on the verge of being sacked. - i dont think too many are actually on the verge, but agree there are too many news items stating this.

Players are getting sold for silly amounts, i offered 15 mil for Darren Bent which Sunderland turned down, a week later they offered me him for 5 mil, very strange. unfortunately in the BSN i dont see alot of this so wont comment.

Set pieces are constantly resetting themselves to the default settings. - not had this happen to me? Or maybe i havent noticed it? I thought i saw this was fixed in 11.1.1?

Players are constantly moaning and are very hard to please in a convo. - again not happening to me, not had any problems with the conversations at all yet, everything has worked well, maybe i just got lucky?

Agents fee's are quite frankly ludicrous. - again no dramas for me, granted only 8 of my players have them but i have negotiated to less than half of their demands every time by only targetting the players who are extemely interested.

Way too many penalties get missed. - hate to repeat but i have won 16 and scored 14 in 2 and a bit seasons, but SI have aknowledged the conversion rate is too low and are looking into it.

All that said though, i still love the game and couldn't be without it. Im sure the patches will sort out all the niggles. - We finally agree!!

They tried to do too much between 10 and 11, pure and simple.

Agents only expended on AI transfer issues that existed in 10.3.

They gave board AI a big role, when it barely handled it's role before.

Plus, instead of fixing issues that still remained in 10.3 they spent all their time on new things... granted the match prep and individual training are great additions, but if their addition means we have more bugs in other areas then it's just as much a negative as a positive.

Dear Mods,

Please make a separate section on the forums for such complaint (moaning) threads. The General Discussion area is infested with these now. While some of them are genuine concerns that belong in that area or the bugs section, a majority are just people wailing about nothing at all, just their own shortcomings, while blaming it on a reasonably good game. Spoils the experience for others who come to the forums hoping to find some useful information but only run into such garbage.

Is the news regarding managers on the verge of getting sacked that annoying? I just skip over them or as someone said unsubscribe to them

I love the agents, I've never negotiated with a football agent in real life but I could image that's how they would be. Your scout will suggest what sort of wages the player will be looking for so I always offer around that mark & reduce the agent fee in accordance

Benitez's agent started with £55,000 per week, my scout reckoned he's be looking around £25,000 pw. that's what I offered & that's what he accepted. Sneaky git :D

what rubbish.

Getting a few messages about managers who are on the verge of losing their jobs was requested by alot of people last year so it was added.

Its all well and good...of course everyone is interested when a manager is under pressure. But this one takes the cake..started a new game as Bayern Munich (playing one season saves until the transfer problem is fixed) Preparing for the second match and i get this:

1-1.jpg

And this is the league table after one game:

2.jpg

Needs a tune up...a very big tune up

Constant messages about managers on the verge of sack. Have received about 20 from the ManCity manager alone... and thats just in the 1st half of the season.

I think this is quite realistic seeing as Man City's managers are always tipped for the boot irl

"What's it feel to be Citeh, what's it feel to be small, what's it feel when your club wins nothing at all"

• Administrators

Yellow and red cards are actually quite balanced and close to real life figures. If you have specific examples I'd suggest looking at your tactics (yes that old chestnut) and seeing what could make your team specifically more like the Dutch is a World Cup final...

As for the transfers, it's an issue we're aware of and we're looking into for any future patch, but as with everything with transfers and contracts it's not an easy quick fix. Thanks.

Does nobody realise that the news about managers on the verge of the sack is from newspapers so its meant to be rumours. look at real life and the rumours with Aberdeen sacking McGhee if they lost to Inverness which they did and he still has a job. so i dont see why people are complaing about this when its realistic

Does nobody realise that the news about managers on the verge of the sack is from newspapers so its meant to be rumours. look at real life and the rumours with Aberdeen sacking McGhee if they lost to Inverness which they did and he still has a job. so i dont see why people are complaing about this when its realistic

There's nothing wrong with them being in the game. It's the fact that you receive this message too much that annoys people.

They tried to do too much between 10 and 11, pure and simple.

Agents only expended on AI transfer issues that existed in 10.3.

They gave board AI a big role, when it barely handled it's role before.

Plus, instead of fixing issues that still remained in 10.3 they spent all their time on new things... granted the match prep and individual training are great additions, but if their addition means we have more bugs in other areas then it's just as much a negative as a positive.

Yes I could not agree more. SI tried way too much - the opposite of FM10 - which was refined around the edges - I think the word was 'polish'. But FM11 has been quite the opposite with many new features and gimmicks that need tweaking and consequently other areas of FM have suffered in terms of bugs and the game not flowing in the correct manner as it should. SI have bitten off more than they can chew I am afraid. Maybe they can get it correct for 11.3 (if there is one) but at the minute they have a lot of work to do. But when a game is released in early November I should not have to wait 5 months for SI to nail it or get it right. Yes nothing is perfect but SI/FM have gotten in the routine of thinking they have 5 more moths to get it right (after the release date) - which for me as a customer is just not on.

Yellow and red cards are actually quite balanced and close to real life figures. If you have specific examples I'd suggest looking at your tactics (yes that old chestnut) and seeing what could make your team specifically more like the Dutch is a World Cup final...

As for the transfers, it's an issue we're aware of and we're looking into for any future patch, but as with everything with transfers and contracts it's not an easy quick fix. Thanks.

So does that mean it wont be fixed in time for patch 11.2?

I think this is quite realistic seeing as Man City's managers are always tipped for the boot irl

"What's it feel to be Citeh, what's it feel to be small, what's it feel when your club wins nothing at all"

LOL. If your going to do a song at least get it right :p

I understand there is no quick fix for this, but as an estimate are we talking 'Christmas no quick fix', or 'February/March no quick fix'?

Archived