Finding it impossible to sell players, any advice?

I wasnt even able to sell Gerrard, Joe Cole, Carragher, Torres, Pepe Reina all on a Free, surely something definately wrong with that. Couldnt even offer them on loan. Had to use FMRTE to change their contracts to expiring as I didnt want them to rot in the reserves with their high wages just going to waste

I find it impossible to sell players I WANT to sell, even on a free. But I seem to be attracting a healthy number of bids for players not listed.

It does seem very odd that the AI teams don't pick up on a bargain. I've just seen a 24 year-old Keirrison go over 9 months without a club, after being released following an impressive spell with Barca, without a single club showing any interest in the slightest. In the real world, there'd be a number of clubs from the best leagues in the world throwing cash at him to sign ASAP.

Tottenham showed interest in Paul Konchesky who was in my reserves, I offered him to them for free and they didn't make a bid.

I offered Poulsen, Mereiles, Aurelio, Lucas & Cole out for free (2nd season) as I needed to reduce wages and didn't get a single offer.

I also didn't renew Carragher's contract and he has been without a club for over 6 months now.

The whole system is flawed though, I have been offered (and I have yet to complete 2 seasons),

Hamsik, Lavezzi, Robinho (I offered £30m - flat rejected then offered to me in the same window at £12.5m), Tevez, Adebeyor, Jon Obi Mikel, Pastore, Modric, Balotelli, David Silva, and others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Having the same problem. I have five players on the transfer list and three of them have more than four teams wanting them. However, even if I set their value at half what they are worth, no one bids for them.

I would like to get them off the wage bill, as I have alot of players out of contract at the end of the season that I want to keep, but at the moment, I can't afford the wages they are asking for.

Add me to the list of those experiencing this problem. Try as I may to offload some players and I get no offers. Not even when I set their asking price to nearly zero. I was pretty sure something was wrong, and now after seeing that others are having the same problem I am beginning to suspect something may be flawed in the game regarding selling players.

Agree it's much harder to sell players in this version. Most of my deals have been loans with a buy option, though there's no guarantee that they will be bought at the end. Sold Rosicsky for £2.6m, which is probably a bargain for the buying club.

We have probably been spoiled by previous versions of the game that allowed us to cash in on players pretty easily and FM11 is an attempt to move to more realistic market prices, given the current economic climate. However, I think it's gone too far the other way and needs to be tweaked.

I have heard this a lot on the forum. I agree with the cheap players, but in all honesty I have not had a single problem selling. I manage Liverpool and I recently sold (close season 1). babel - £10m, poulsen - 5m, maxi - 4.5m, konchesky - 2m, aurelio - 3m, aquilani - 15m, n'gog - 6m

I offered them otu and bids came in right away. managed to sell all the reservers that werent good enough - admittadle for peanuts, but didnt have a prob selling them

G

Unfortunately it has been like this for many years on fm and is very annoying. I could understand it if the player you are trying to sell is poor for any league but if your trying to sell a player from your team that could easily play at championship/league 1 level then there should be far more bids.

Archived