Salaries are ridiculous in this game

Reminds me of my right back that wants his salary doubled (well the agent does anyway), he's a solid player but has 0 goals and 0 assists... certainly not key player material but the negotiation always demands key player and double the salary. Doesn't actually negotiate at all.

So I am coaching Boca Juniors, the avg salary of a Great Key player is between 10k-15k.

But when its time to renew after a year they want no less than 40k+, this is utterly ridiculous, after 2 season 80% of my good players leave.

This is the pesky agents more then the player with demands

So I am coaching Boca Juniors, the avg salary of a Great Key player is between 10k-15k.

But when its time to renew after a year they want no less than 40k+, this is utterly ridiculous, after 2 season 80% of my good players leave.

You can always knock the price down. Depending on how happy the player is to continue playing for you, even to close his previous wages. You can also 'convince' the agent to accept a lower wage for a little more agent fee.

You can always knock the price down. Depending on how happy the player is to continue playing for you, even to close his previous wages. You can also 'convince' the agent to accept a lower wage for a little more agent fee.

It's actually not that simple... in my right backs case he's very happy with me and the team, and even if I offer the agent more fee he still won't budge from twice the players current salary and key player status, won't even drop 10K.

It's actually not that simple... in my right backs case he's very happy with me and the team, and even if I offer the agent more fee he still won't budge from twice the players current salary and key player status, won't even drop 10K.

Age will probably also have a lot to do with it. If a player has evolved from a hot prospect to a important first team player, his demands will obviously go up. For players that have not developed or improved in stature, I have yet to see spectacular, unnegotiable demands.

I don't know how this works in leagues outside of Europe though, I have only been managing in Belgium so far.

Age will probably also have a lot to do with it. If a player has evolved from a hot prospect to a important first team player, his demands will obviously go up. For players that have not developed or improved in stature, I have yet to see spectacular, unnegotiable demands.

I don't know how this works in leagues outside of Europe though, I have only been managing in Belgium so far.

Well you can look up the player in your game (too lazy to post screens), Marvel Wynne. It's in the MLS, his salary to start is 170K which is about average for a solid first team player. He's 24 in 2010, has extremely good physical stats, barely fair mental, and questionable technical stats. He's consistently passing the ball away in highlights, has no offensive production, but is reasonably solid defensively. He/the agent is demanding 300K, the max I can even pay a key player is 350K and that's how much my team captain and star striker make. But like I said the guy is certainly not star material, but no matter what it always demands 300K, never goes lower no matter what I do.

I'm thinking it's based more on the players rating which is around 7.25 average. Yeah that's pretty good, but the rating has always been inflated compared to what the player actually gives me in a match.

Well you can look up the player in your game (too lazy to post screens), Marvel Wynne. It's in the MLS, his salary to start is 170K which is about average for a solid first team player. He's 24 in 2010, has extremely good physical stats, barely fair mental, and questionable technical stats. He's consistently passing the ball away in highlights, has no offensive production, but is reasonably solid defensively. He/the agent is demanding 300K, the max I can even pay a key player is 350K and that's how much my team captain and star striker make. But like I said the guy is certainly not star material, but no matter what it always demands 300K, never goes lower no matter what I do.

I'm thinking it's based more on the players rating which is around 7.25 average. Yeah that's pretty good, but the rating has always been inflated compared to what the player actually gives me in a match.

I have not had the feeling average rating has much to do with it. Average wages / top wages will have an influence. If your average wage increases, so will the demands, which you could say is logical in a way for agents to push it up. I don't have the player mentioned in my game anymore, so I cannot check on him, but I believe you. :)

What I see in my current game, 10 years in, is that youth players coming up from the ranks will now demand the same wage my key players received 6 years ago, simply because wages in general have risen and everyone wants a share. I also noticed that when my most expensive player left, some players were willing to settle for less. I also notice this happens when their contract is running in the last few months, but then you obviously risk competition stepping in.

But as said, I have no experience with american leagues, which I figure are harder to manage then european leagues money wise. From my point of view, I have not seen extreme behaviour. Except for the odd winger that insisted, but I simply let him leave and used a new talent. :)

Edit: Also be careful when offering a contract that you do not increase his team status (for instance from rotation to key player), just so you will be able to offer him a higher wage. Doing this will raise his salary expectations and will pretty much cause the opposite effect of what you are trying to reach.

Yeah, with the salary cap it's much more challenging to deal with the new agent AI... I'm sure it the agent AI as well as this same thing didn't happen playing FM10.

If a had a half decent option I would just let his contract expire, would be nice if the AI was smart enough to think a month out of expiration (wow, no new contract, should drop the demands' but wouldn't hold my breath.

The point is it's just annoying to see this kind of thing... but then I probably just going to stop playing the MLS unless they can fix it... it's horribly broken across the board, but that's another story.

In my experience, they always ask for a significant rise but are almost always willing to drop it down to a more reasonable amount. Though sometimes their initial demands are slightly too unrealistically high, I generally find the salaries this year to be fantastic.

Playing in Australia, where there is a salary cap, I've even managed to get a few of my decent squad members onto $0 so they can squeeze in despite the restrictions and get registered. Obviously they were compensated with a decent signing fee and a high fee per game they actually play. On the other hand, I have my top earner (a former R. Madrid youngster) unwilling to budge from 25k a week, which is the combined wage of the next 5 highest paid players in the squad. If I offer him a contract, he wants no less than 40k... but with a few bonuses I'd confidently say I could get him to sign on for 20k/week.

there greedy offer at least 5k more that there wage they'l problery acept.

way to knock the price down.

EG.

1) his original salary is 100K, now he demands 200k.

2) offer him $2. he would obviously reject and put in $200k again.

3) repeat step 2 once more, and he would put in $200K again.

4) now, depending on how much you are willing to pay, (maybe 120k), offer him roughly arnd 40k, it is most likely he would offer around 180k now.

5) keep moving closer to your target ( eg, 70k then 100k )

6) only use it for agents who ain't impatient. others should work fine though. (check out the characteristic of the player's agent before you go into a talk with him)

my record was diminishing a regen-wonderkid's demand from 250k to 80k. ($USD)

so give it a try!

Don't worry. Since lot of people are complaining the so called transfer bugs, complaining they can't sell players. One mentioned he can't even sell Steven Gerrard for free. So chance is that if this player does not sign a new contract with you, he's going nowhere anyway! You would stilll be able to play him without a contract!

Don't worry. Since lot of people are complaining the so called transfer bugs, complaining they can't sell players. One mentioned he can't even sell Steven Gerrard for free. So chance is that if this player does not sign a new contract with you, he's going nowhere anyway! You would stilll be able to play him without a contract!

"So called trasnfer bugs?"

Dear lord...

way to knock the price down.

EG.

1) his original salary is 100K, now he demands 200k.

2) offer him $2. he would obviously reject and put in $200k again.

3) repeat step 2 once more, and he would put in $200K again.

4) now, depending on how much you are willing to pay, (maybe 120k), offer him roughly arnd 40k, it is most likely he would offer around 180k now.

5) keep moving closer to your target ( eg, 70k then 100k )

6) only use it for agents who ain't impatient. others should work fine though. (check out the characteristic of the player's agent before you go into a talk with him)

my record was diminishing a regen-wonderkid's demand from 250k to 80k. ($USD)

so give it a try!

See this is a major issue with me, the exact system you listed above is completely and utterly pointless. What does forcing a player to have to do this crap over and over again actually achieve, just another case of 'Hmm sounded good on paper, yet in game turned into another click fest that slows everything down'

See this is a major issue with me, the exact system you listed above is completely and utterly pointless. What does forcing a player to have to do this crap over and over again actually achieve, just another case of 'Hmm sounded good on paper, yet in game turned into another click fest that slows everything down'

its the way it works out most times in reallife a player demands this but the club don't want to offer that much.

its the way it works out most times in reallife a player demands this but the club don't want to offer that much.

I'll tell you another way real life works... if you have a fair player and his agent walk into your office and demand double his salary, which comes to an amount equal to the leading stars on the team then you laugh and just point them at the door.

The player is going to seriously start questioning his agents approach and they will give more reasonable offers.

The AI isn't that smart though, the agent AI is just too weak and needs improvement.

This is how I tried to buy a transfer listed player:

1. Agent demands and his current salary.

josefc.th.jpg

2. My offer that was rejected.

jose2.th.jpg

3. Signed contract with AI team.

jose3.th.jpg

Show me the real life part here.

Because he wanted more to continue playing for Benfica than he would for joining Inter Milan. Makes sense to me.

Strange, because what you're saying doesn't make any sense to me.

i think the fact that the agent seems to despise you may have had something to with this.

whether that's realistic or not is another thing, but it certainly adds something to the game

i think the fact that the agent seems to despise you may have had something to with this.

whether that's realistic or not is another thing, but it certainly adds something to the game

Of course it does. He does despise me because I already offered a contract twice prior to that, but since my board wouldn't allow to go over 6.25mil signing on fee, both times were rejected by the greedy mofo.

And may I know, how asking 24.5mil signing on fee (whole transfer value is 27 million) and then despising me because I offered "only" 6 adds something to the game ?

It also seems that the position offered plays a role, I mean f.i. if you set in the offer " First team " he will ask for more money than " backup ". You could sign a contract as a backup and then moving it to first team if necessary.

Archived