I will be FURIOUS if I get the boot...

First season as Liverpool, I promise to challenge for the title. Now, i'm 3rd in the league, 3 points behind joint leaders Man Utd and Chelsea with 5 games to go. I'm also unbeaten in 5 games in the league (losing 1 of my last 11) including a 1-1 draw away to Chelsea and beating Man City 2-1 away in my last game. In the build up to my next game against Stoke, I get a message stating that "the Liverpool heirarchy appear to be finally losing patience" with me, and that "a bad result in my next league game could seal my fate."

Could someone please justify this crap?

In my game I have had like 20 of those messages about Hodgson, and still hes in charge, so I doubt that you will really get the boot. Seems like those messages come pretty often but usually they dont actually leed to that manager being sacked. Not after the first few messages at least

is it the first mention that your job is in jeopardy?

i've never seen a board sack a manager so soon after the first news item. have you always been behind man utd and chelsea?

It is the first mention of it, but even the mention of it is ludicrous, never mind it actually happening! Luckily, I beat Stoke 3-1 but i'm going to be on edge for a long time.

Well it's going around that a number of managers with successful clubs are getting threats of being sacked even though they are 1st place... I've heard of it from various leagues but not seen it myself, but it certainly sounds like a bug and your issue might be tied to the same thing.

How many bugs does this game have? Every time I look at a thread there is yet another issue with it.

Back off here fanboys, just asking as I dont plan to buy this one and stick with 10.3 on FM10 with York City as I am really enjoying a career game there

I work for a QA department and we would get absolutely battered if a title was released with as many bugs as this seems to have. Thank god for patches and hotfixes. Back in the day, if a game was bugged, it was bugged forever. Nowadays, developers seem to care more about releasing a game on time than releasing it in a sellable state.

I work for a QA department and we would get absolutely battered if a title was released with as many bugs as this seems to have. Thank god for patches and hotfixes. Back in the day, if a game was bugged, it was bugged forever. Nowadays, developers seem to care more about releasing a game on time than releasing it in a sellable state.

If you work for QA in a game developer then you have released titles this bug ridden if you've released anything in the last 5 years... it's an industry standard now, a very bad standard, but one none the less.

The point I was making is that it's a relief that we have the luxury of patches. I wasn't making a dig at testers not doing their jobs properly, of course they don't have the power to stop the release of a title if the big guys come in and say it's good enough.

Anyway, we're getting slightly off topic here as I didn't even insinuate that it was a bug in the original post!

speculation about managers getting sacked occurs every day in RL

deal with it

its entirely realistic

youve got to learn what to ignore and what to take seriously.. just like every manager.

/non-existent bug thread #188343

Typical unhelpful, frustrated response #15343266...what's realistic about the situation I was in when the message appeared? 3rd in the league, 3 points off the top. Either reply constructively, or don't reply at all. I didn't even say it was a bug in the original post.

Typical unhelpful, frustrated response #15343266...what's realistic about the situation I was in when the message appeared? 3rd in the league, 3 points off the top. Either reply constructively, or don't reply at all. I didn't even say it was a bug in the original post.

my apologies if my post upset you

just pointing out that this type of rubbish is ruining the forum is annoying for everyone else

its media speculation. its most likely never going to happen

this kind of speculation happens all the time in the real world. its entirely realistic.

i made that point quite clealy in my first post so to say its unhelpful is not true

that i dont chime in with 'ahh this game is so broken' might not suit the agenda here, thats not my problem

my apologies if my post upset you

just pointing out that this type of rubbish is ruining the forum is annoying for everyone else

its media speculation. its most likely never going to happen

this kind of speculation happens all the time in the real world. its entirely realistic.

i made that point quite clealy in my first post so to say its unhelpful is not true

that i dont chime in with 'ahh this game is so broken' might not suit the agenda here, thats not my problem

Apology accepted, but you seem to be missing my point still. I'm not complaining that the game is broken or that this is a bug, I was just pointing out the fact that a ludicrous story appeared in my newsfeed about me that in my opinion is unrealistic. Sure, managers jobs are speculated about on a daily basis, but to say my job is under threat after a great run of results and being so involved in a title race at a club that isn't realistically expected to challenge for it is not something that happens in real life very often, if at all. Especially when the morale of my whole team is very high and about half of the players are "pleased at how the club is performing in the league".

Also, I do agree that there is way too much bashing going on about the game on this forum, and I avoid it all as I think that the game is brilliant regardless of the bugs. I dont want my original post to be associated with the threads that ridicule the game unneccesarily.

It's not rubbish though... When was the last time the news around ANY league was that every manager of every club could be sacked or leave on their own. I see news in-game 5 at a time of this possibility, covering all the clubs in a couple months time. Is it game breaking? Of course not, but it is very annoying and shows holes with the AI.

However, when you combine that with the talks about people being at the top of the tables and their board threatening to sack them, while at the same time the confidence screen shows the board is happy they are 'on pace to win the league', then you know there is a bug somewhere that needs to be fixed.

So when did fixing bugs ever become rubbish?

It's not rubbish though... When was the last time the news around ANY league was that every manager of every club could be sacked or leave on their own.

you might find your criticisms are taken seriously if youre not blatantly making things up

So when did fixing bugs ever become rubbish?

since they werent bugs

Thats nothing after one league game as Liverpool they were put into administration and I was deducted 9 points!!!! How the hell does that happen when they are no longer in debt and have new owners. I quit the game there and then. Think ill sell it and go back to playing Everquest

I personally think it's because the game doesn't recognise "challenge for the title" very well.

I had a similar thing at Arsenal. We took ManU all the way to the last day, and apparently I still didn't challenge for the title. IMO, this needs to be looked at.

I personally think it's because the game doesn't recognise "challenge for the title" very well.

I completely agree with this. Second season in now, i'm 12 points behind Arsenal over half way through the season in 4th place, and the board are satisfied that i'm challenging for the title. I've been in much better positions and they've been disappointed that i'm not performing well enough. It's nothing major, i'm sure it just needs tweaking. I just hope someone from SI is looking at this thread!

Sounds similar to mine, which I logged as a potential bug. Check your Board confidence for competitions and what are they saying about your performance in the league?

My thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/239678-Board-Confidence

Yours is undoubtedly wrong, mine is up for debate I suppose as i'm not actually topping the league. Obviously, if I top the league and go X amount of points clear like you have, then i'll log it as a bug with screenies!

It's also just a 'news story'. Admittedly I think it sometimes seems there is too many but last October (IRL) Harry Redknapp went from 50/1 to 7/4 for being the next sacked Manager when Spurs were in 4th place and doing well in the league and the press were all over it.

It's also just a 'news story'. Admittedly I think it sometimes seems there is too many but last October (IRL) Harry Redknapp went from 50/1 to 7/4 for being the next sacked Manager when Spurs were in 4th place and doing well in the league and the press were all over it.

That's a fair point. I guess it's a bit like the rumours about Chris Hughton the other week IRL I suppose.

Could it be possible the board takes all competitions into account, and that they comment on the general status. So when you are challenging as 4th, while doing well in the cups / europe, they are satisfied. However, if you underperformed in the cups / europe, they are dissappointed with the competitions in general. In that case, the only thing being wrong is the line of feedback you get. It should be more clear.

That's all well and good that it's just a news story, but my board expectations reflect the stories.

Good point again. And to answer Jelle - they do break it down by competition.

Ian, what, specifically, is the board saying about your performance in the league (verbatim if possible)?

First season as Liverpool, I promise to challenge for the title.
being so involved in a title race at a club that isn't realistically expected to challenge for it

I don't know whether it's a bug or not but you are expected to challenge for the title (and possibly win it) as that's what you've told the board you'll do. If you set expectations high, and accept the increased transfer and wage budget, you've got to expect some pressure from the board even when you're in a decent position.

First season as Liverpool, I promise to challenge for the title. Now, i'm 3rd in the league, 3 points behind joint leaders Man Utd and Chelsea with 5 games to go. I'm also unbeaten in 5 games in the league (losing 1 of my last 11) including a 1-1 draw away to Chelsea and beating Man City 2-1 away in my last game. In the build up to my next game against Stoke, I get a message stating that "the Liverpool heirarchy appear to be finally losing patience" with me, and that "a bad result in my next league game could seal my fate."

Could someone please justify this crap?

Post the details in the bug section, and keep a copy of the save in case its requested. I think there is a problem with the happiness and morale within the game, which causes players to play badly all of the sudden for now reason, and the weird transfers, plus weird manager sackings that are going on. This could be part of it.

You may find it unhelpful and frustrating but that is an official response by SI. It is speculation about your job. IRL Hodgson had speculation about his job within the first week of September. That's all it is, speculation in a national newspaper to replicate real life. You need to calm down and deal with it.

You may find it unhelpful and frustrating but that is an official response by SI. It is speculation about your job. IRL Hodgson had speculation about his job within the first week of September. That's all it is, speculation in a national newspaper to replicate real life. You need to calm down and deal with it.

Calm down? Please, don't....You see, your post typifies the general attitude in these forums. "Deal with it." Helpful...If you had bothered to read on, then you'd see that the speculation is reflected in my board room confidence.

but that is an official response by SI.

And what is an official response by SI? Calm down and deal with it? I'm sure it is ;)

Archived