Hi,

I was in the middle of my second season when my FM game closed and I was told I was out of memory.

Since then, I have deleted past games and even created a new folder to save my current game in.

However, still I am being told I am out of memory.

I'm doin really well with Atleico Madrid and would hate to not be able to use my FMO8 again.

Any help I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Are you using a laptop or pc?

How much memory have you got?

You can find that out in: Start > Control Panel > System.

Thing is as the game goes on it takes more memory as it contains more informations. For example: If you scout ect you will find new players and you will incread the memory load on the pc/laptop.

I would never play FM08 using anything less than 512MB Ram and you should'nt have bought it if you haves less. I use 2GB Ram at the moment so i am happy.

You can take your pc/laptop to your local 'computer repair' store and they will add additional memory for cheap. Over the years the prices have fallen on memory.

Thats the only way i know of in fixing that problem. Other than that, make sure your graphics card drivers are uptodate and do not use onboard graphics cards unless it is a laptop.

Hope that helps.

appreciate that mate, by the way, i'm on the PC, just find it strange as i've had all the football managers you can think of and have never had this problem. Consider, i did 15 seasons with Everton on FM07 and didnt have any trouble.

If you dont mind, you could upload a screenshot of your process tree using ctrl > alt > delete when you next have fm08 loaded and i will be able to list to you some processes you can end without endangering your computers safety.

icon_smile.gif

Do you have any other programs running aswell? Like having MSN Messenger or stuff like that running will use up memory aswell.

Shut down any unused programs when you open the game up, could help a little bit.

Archived