Drogba transfer: Realistic or not

ak48

REALISTIC OR NOT  

52 members have voted

1. 1. REALISTIC OR NOT

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238467-Drogba-£0

'Yes thats right.. Chelsea offered him to me in July 2011 for £0..

I was Man City..

This is why i don't play anymore'

Ok you dont play anymore, because you find it hard to accept it's a game only, stranger things have happened in life, just trying to think off one.

In the context of FM, it's not so unrealistic. I mean, players around 31 and older have their attributes decline so rapidly it's a joke. In FM players like Zanetti and Giggs would have been useless by the age of 33.

So it's reasonable to assume that Drogba has declined significantly after 1 year of play.

In real life, no, this would never happen.

the transfer system has some issues but this isn't an example. It would beinteresting to see what his stats are like because once drogba can't compete physically anmore i can't imagine why chelsea would keep him around, espescially if he's on a lot of wages. Offloading him on a free transfer could save them a lot more money then trying to get a transfer fee from someone becuse there still won't be a significant fee and his wages might be soaking up any fee they could get for him.

how pathetic to do a poll about this, in fm10 he was on a free after 2011 anyway and his stats droped and his pace and acc was around 10 and on his wages hes not worth it, if your really that bothered bout it then dont play it and stop complaining, im loving the game and i dont care if transfers go for value price, makes it all the more interesting doesnt it, after all its just a game, dont like it? then sell it!

how pathetic to do a poll about this, in fm10 he was on a free after 2011 anyway and his stats droped and his pace and acc was around 10 and on his wages hes not worth it, if your really that bothered bout it then dont play it and stop complaining, im loving the game and i dont care if transfers go for value price, makes it all the more interesting doesnt it, after all its just a game, dont like it? then sell it!

this is a good point. Would this even be brought up if there wasn't an issue with other transfers?

I don't think it would have been because people are latching onto transfers that are realistic and twisting them into being unrealisitc. If you want to have a constructive discussion please do but choose better examples.

its that pathetic you took the time to post a whole paragraph

i didnt start the other thread, i just wanted a statistical overview

a statistical overview of what exactly? how many more people there are spending time on the forums to complain compared to the number of people absent because they're enjoying the game?

people say drogba for £0 a joke but whats the most you have paid to get somone? it swings both ways, would you say that barcelona in real life letting henry go on a free to the usa unrealistic? he's getting old and costing them a small fortune so they let him go for a free so really the game has done exactly what teams do in real life, like it or lump it at the end of the day

people say drogba for £0 a joke but whats the most you have paid to get somone? it swings both ways, would you say that barcelona in real life letting henry go on a free to the usa unrealistic? he's getting old and costing them a small fortune so they let him go for a free so really the game has done exactly what teams do in real life, like it or lump it at the end of the day

This. 101010

A team letting an aging, overpaid striker at the end of his contract, as opposed to offering him an even bigger (because you know he'll want a pay rise) contract that ties him to them for at least another year, and takes up a precious space in their 25 man league squad? You do realise the only options are let him go or give him a new contract, right? Would you offer 33 year old Drogba a £100k+ p/w contract at that age, or would you get him off your wage budget and sign some 22 y/o wunderkind for a fee and wages 1/5 of the size to take his place?

A team letting an aging, overpaid striker at the end of his contract, as opposed to offering him an even bigger (because you know he'll want a pay rise) contract that ties him to them for at least another year, and takes up a precious space in their 25 man league squad? You do realise the only options are let him go or give him a new contract, right? Would you offer 33 year old Drogba a £100k+ p/w contract at that age, or would you get him off your wage budget and sign some 22 y/o wunderkind for a fee and wages 1/5 of the size to take his place?

exactly the point we are trying to make to these "game haters" its annoying me because if you never came on these forums you wouldnt be spending your time moaning and complaining about it, you would either just carry on with it or ud trade it in

Archived