Is it worth me continuing or should i wait?

Reading on this forum about how the transfer bug in particular is making this game unplayable, i was wondering if it was worth me continuing with my Norwich save game? I normally like to keep it going for atleast 5 seasons and have a lot of fun with it and would want it to be realistic. So far, everything has been fairly believable with it and the only interesting transfer was Neymar to Shahktar for £17m.

I'm in early December of the first season, 11th in the league, should i continue or wait for the fix?

Cheers :)

Reading on this forum about how the transfer bug in particular is making this game unplayable, i was wondering if it was worth me continuing with my Norwich save game? I normally like to keep it going for atleast 5 seasons and have a lot of fun with it and would want it to be realistic. So far, everything has been fairly believable with it and the only interesting transfer was Neymar to Shahktar for £17m.

I'm in early December of the first season, 11th in the league, should i continue or wait for the fix?

There are some people on the forum claiming it is unplayable. Now lets quantify this, there are over 150,000 registered users on here. Of which around 50 or so are making lots of noise about a broken game. Not to mention the 100's of thousands not registered that have bought the game.

That must leave loads of others who are playing away without thinking its unplayable.

Is the transfer system 100% correct? No.

Is it broken to the point of unplayability? No, not IMO.

Will it get better? Only SI can answer that.

Start your game.

My suggestions, Don't allow transfer budget at the beginning of the game. If you do it that way, transfers will be decent and nothing too over the head. Unfortunately you will see Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal for stupid reasons but you can attempt to fix this by using the editor and giving him 20 loyalty. Hopefully that'll do it. (that is if he doesnt have that already)

I'm waiting. Both the immersion factor and the balance of the game are completely wrecked for me.

Might not be an issue now in the Championship, but wait until you break the canaries into Europe and you can build a top class team just out of free transfers - not as much fun as it sounds.

There are some people on the forum claiming it is unplayable. Now lets quantify this, there are over 150,000 registered users on here. Of which around 50 or so are making lots of noise about a broken game. Not to mention the 100's of thousands not registered that have bought the game.

That must leave loads of others who are playing away without thinking its unplayable.

Is the transfer system 100% correct? No.

Is it broken to the point of unplayability? No, not IMO.

Will it get better? Only SI can answer that.

Start your game.

In general the number of users on a forum is meaningless because only a small proportion are actually active (for example, on here, the maximum as of this version of the forum is 8,587 active users online at any one time). And 50/8500 is a much more comparable figure.

Is it enough? Well, you might be surprised... A sampled survey of a few thousand Chinese citizens can sometimes be statistically used to justify the entire population of China.

There's a genuine question whether those on the forum are representative of every customer who has bought the game, of course.

I've been on these forums for a week now, and I'm already sick of these stupid threads about the game being unplayable... All the moaning nancies out there should spend more time playing the game and getting better at it than complaining and wishing for an easier virtual management experience... Was it the same last year? Coz last year's game was darn impressive and I would still expect a few odd moaners here in the forums...

Seriously, head over to the bunch of great sites like FM-Britain, FMBase, Loswonderkids etc. They're full of fantastic articles which'll get you from Zero to Hero in no time...

Unplayable.

I've just played Havant & W vs Weston S Mare 8 times without successfully watching anything that resembled a football match.

Never mind the tfr bug. FM11 is evidently following the tradition of not being playable until the final patch.

Try again in February 2011. Untill then, it's back to a fully patched FM10.

I've been on these forums for a week now, and I'm already sick of these stupid threads about the game being unplayable... All the moaning nancies out there should spend more time playing the game and getting better at it than complaining and wishing for an easier virtual management experience... Was it the same last year? Coz last year's game was darn impressive and I would still expect a few odd moaners here in the forums...

Seriously, head over to the bunch of great sites like FM-Britain, FMBase, Loswonderkids etc. They're full of fantastic articles which'll get you from Zero to Hero in no time...

Last year the same people were trying to make out that £35m for Messi was a reasonable offer, and the Ai should have accepted. Now they complain it's too little. I honestly don't think there is any problem with the transfers (well in the way they're saying) as it's talking about unhappy, unplayed players going cheap (even if they're top class) something that happens in real life. Maybe players are getting unhappy too quickly, but I don't know about that, as I'm keeping mine satisfied, and even persuading them that I'm right on tutorings and PPMs (not all the time mind you).

I think you have to wait until mid december for a patch 'cause realising a new patch now equals admitting a failure...

Unplayable.

I've just played Havant & W vs Weston S Mare 8 times without successfully watching anything that resembled a football match.

Never mind the tfr bug. FM11 is evidently following the tradition of not being playable until the final patch.

Try again in February 2011. Untill then, it's back to a fully patched FM10.

Do you not think your expectations are a little high?

I should imagine that H&W vs WS is very rarely a skill filled example of the beautiful game.

I think you have to wait until mid december for a patch 'cause realising a new patch now equals admitting a failure...

hardly, they already released a hot fix to solve the suspension issue in spain and france. SI have not failed, a long way from it imo with fm 11, best fm game yet.

Or it could be that they don't want to break anything else by rushing out a patch? Anyway its only 2 weeks til December and that is the month the 2nd patch is due so, we're nearly there.

Last year the same people were trying to make out that £35m for Messi was a reasonable offer, and the Ai should have accepted. Now they complain it's too little. I honestly don't think there is any problem with the transfers (well in the way they're saying) as it's talking about unhappy, unplayed players going cheap (even if they're top class) something that happens in real life. Maybe players are getting unhappy too quickly, but I don't know about that, as I'm keeping mine satisfied, and even persuading them that I'm right on tutorings and PPMs (not all the time mind you).

not any problem?

maybe?

Deny, always deny... Even if the evidence is right in front of you.

not any problem?

maybe?

When their is no problem but the semblance of a one shout as loud as you can as obnoxiously as you can. See the problem when you make blanket statements like that?

I gave my opinion that it is not a transfer problem, but maybe a player attitude one, and you just decided to shout me down without even listening to my arguement.

It's posts like this that make me even more sure that this is not a bug and just some people making a mountain out of a molehill.

2 weeks? A month! As a minimum...

Read again what I said.

I'll put it here again, make it easier for you: 'its only 2 weeks til December and that is the month the 2nd patch is due...'

Now I find it hard that even you can deny that December is only 2 weeks away?

When the patch is released is open to debate but then I've never mentioned a specific date, just that the month of the patch is nearly here.

Clear enough?

When their is no problem but the semblance of a one shout as loud as you can as obnoxiously as you can. See the problem when you make blanket statements like that?

I gave my opinion that it is not a transfer problem, but maybe a player attitude one, and you just decided to shout me down without even listening to my arguement.

It's posts like this that make me even more sure that this is not a bug and just some people making a mountain out of a molehill.

Brian, what do you expect from someone who's retorts go like:

bla bla bla

About right? ;)

Brian, what do you expect from someone who's retorts go like:

About right? ;)

I know, but it needs to be said, maybe he'll be the one in a million that will actually realise what he's doing and change his habits. On a far more improtant note do I get a new tag on reaching my second ton?

I know, but it needs to be said, maybe he'll be the one in a million that will actually realise what he's doing and change his habits. On a far more improtant note do I get a new tag on reaching my second ton?

Unlikely but we live in hope!

As for the other, I don't think you do. Youth team is next for you, but I can't recall if its 2k, 2.5k or 3k???

not any problem?

maybe?

So what if transfer fees are a bit messed up? Apart from a few glaring exceptions, I think it is a near perfect reflection of what is happening in real life today...!

In reality, I never expected Van der Vaart to move for 8M to hotspur, but he did. Nor did I expect players like Benayoun, Joe Cole to be available for free, but they were! There was a recession going on people and that is what the game is trying to reflect. Unused players DO move for peanuts, and Unhappy/unsettled players DO move for half their market price sometimes. Deal with it.

Calling the game Unplayable is ignorant at best.

There is no reason why you cannot play a long and enjoyable save game, there is no problem with the transfer system. (In my second season and loving the game)

Open your eyes. 'There is no problem with the transfer system' as a comment is border line ridiculous.

'Unplayable' is also ridiculous.

So what if transfer fees are a bit messed up? Apart from a few glaring exceptions, I think it is a near perfect reflection of what is happening in real life today...!

In reality, I never expected Van der Vaart to move for 8M to hotspur, but he did. Nor did I expect players like Benayoun, Joe Cole to be available for free, but they were! There was a recession going on people and that is what the game is trying to reflect. Unused players DO move for peanuts, and Unhappy/unsettled players DO move for half their market price sometimes. Deal with it.

Very good point!

I won't call it unplayable, but most reasonable people will agree that not being able to sell anybody is at least mildly annoying. Has anyone got a bid above 10m for any of your players yet? Even your top players? For example, I really want to sell the 33 year old Rio Ferdinand, but no one will buy him even if I only ask for 5m. Consequently, I don't have enough funds to buy whoever I need.

I'm really enjoying FM2011, and I would recommend that you start your game, but you just have to keep this in mind. Hope SI fixes it soon.

I won't call it unplayable, but most reasonable people will agree that not being able to sell anybody is at least mildly annoying. Has anyone got a bid above 10m for any of your players yet? Even your top players? For example, I really want to sell the 33 year old Rio Ferdinand, but no one will buy him even if I only ask for 5m. Consequently, I don't have enough funds to buy whoever I need.

I'm really enjoying FM2011, and I would recommend that you start your game, but you just have to keep this in mind. Hope SI fixes it soon.

i see what you are saying about selling players in some case, but in reality do you think you would get 5 million for a 33 year Ferdinand, let alone more?

Have said this time and again..understand what the bug is really about. The problem is not that big name players are going for peanuts or even for free but the fact that big name players who have been regular for their team last season and in majority of the cases had a good season are being offered for peanuts (sometimes even for free) Van der Vaart and Joe Cole had not played regularly for their teams...and since you want to see the game as realistic..you will indeed opt for Real Madrid's explanation that only Spurs had bid for the player (though Redknapp said that Munich tried to buy but the transfer fell through) Benayoun while an important player, played often from the bench and Liverpool needed the money...what is happening in the game and what has happened in real life is completely different..comparing them is like comparing the swiftness of a snail and a leopard :p

It's hard but I'm gonna definitely wait. Played till february and didn't like what I saw. Rossi moving 5m tevez moving 11m.(City sold allmost all there strikers and bought crappy replacements). Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi, Rooney and more transfer requested and so on...

Accidently placed some star players reserve squad, they became so unhappy that didn't even want to talk with me, so i had to sold them.

Hopefully one month time it will all be over :p

i see what you are saying about selling players in some case, but in reality do you think you would get 5 million for a 33 year Ferdinand, let alone more?

Barring a long-term injury, yes - he's still our best centre-back today, and he may still be our best centre-back next year, too.

Have said this time and again..understand what the bug is really about. The problem is not that big name players are going for peanuts or even for free but the fact that big name players who have been regular for their team last season and in majority of the cases had a good season are being offered for peanuts (sometimes even for free) Van der Vaart and Joe Cole had not played regularly for their teams...and since you want to see the game as realistic..you will indeed opt for Real Madrid's explanation that only Spurs had bid for the player (though Redknapp said that Munich tried to buy but the transfer fell through) Benayoun while an important player, played often from the bench and Liverpool needed the money...what is happening in the game and what has happened in real life is completely different..comparing them is like comparing the swiftness of a snail and a leopard :p

tingting is right he has said this time and again, and what tingting has said time and again is absolutley spot on.

I personally think that's it's worth continuing. I am not continuing until I get the full game though as I only have the demo (I live in the States and can't get the game yet due to stock and prefer the boxed version) and it's a waste of time continuing with the save as you don't have the full database of players etc that the full game has.

Anyway, that's a moot point. It seems to me that there are and will always be a certain amount of people that are never happy no matter what SI do. They try to make a harder more realistic football sim game and people moan it's too hard, things can't be done, they can't score and lose patience with the game. If they were to simplify it then these same people would moan about the game being too easy and not realisitc enough. I have only played the game till (coming up to) mid-September and I can't say that I have seen any issues with the transfer system myself. I'm not saying that wacky things aren't happening in people's games - just that some of these isuues that are making the game "unplayable" haven't happened to me but like I say I have only played the game up till September.

I have seen some things happen in the ME that is quite annoying i.e. players booting the ball out for a throw/corner when under no pressure what-so-ever and another player is available for a pass, players just running the ball out at the by-line without even attempting to pass, players dithering with the ball in one spot not passing like the ball is an alien object and they don't know what to do with it, players standing still watching the opposition run past them and player reaction times in moving to a loose ball just to name a few BUT while these things will no doubt get fixed (or at least toned down) it doesn't make it unplayable. I have mentioned the things that can be annoying for me but overall the game to me is better than FM2010. Crossing, for example, to me is better as this time the ball actually gets crossed into the box and I have scored from them where as in FM2010 hardly any cross would make it into the box let alone manage to score from them. The actual look and feel of the ME is better as well, from the stadium look to the different little animations the players do when they get booked, when they score, when a tackle goes in etc. I have also seen players actually slide in to make contact with the ball as in like a last ditch attempt to score or tackle. I have had players actually score by doing this. In FM2010 not once did I see this. For me this is another little more realistic thing that has been put into the game.

As for the transfer system, well, I can't really say much about it as I've not had much dealings in the transfer system as of yet, but I haven't seen any oddities like the ones mentioned and ones I've seen. I know that things can happen like the player & manager fall out, player wants away for some odd reason, manager wants to cash in on players for reasons only known to them. I mean just look at the Rooney fiasco with him saying that he wants to end his career at Man U, then suddenly doing a u-turn and wanting away as he says that he feels that the club is not being ambitious enough and then all of a sudden doing yet ANOTHER u-turn by signing a 5-year contract. The example posted about Rio Ferdinand, in my opinion, is that no-one would want to pay that much for a 33-year-old defender. Doesn't matter if he's any good or not - to me no team would pay that much for him. I've seen in the game plenty of players that have a huge amount of experience and are excellent players BUT their value has been anywhere from $875,000 - $4M and they have ranged in ages from 31-36.

Certain people need to remember that FM2011 has just been released and NO game is perfect on release and they have to build on it to make it better. I'm sure it will only be time before SI take the VALID bugs and issues on board and do something about it but like I say there will always be people who will complain no matter what happens. Remember that people were still complaining about the amount of injuries in FM2010 even after the third patch came out and were saying that it was a "bug" and nothing to do with their tactics or the way they played the game.

And unfortunately there will always be people like Cha Cha Cha who will never see anyone elses point of view or take anyone elses opinions on board and respond with immature responses like "bla bla bla".

I have only played the game till (coming up to) mid-September and I can't say that I have seen any issues with the transfer system myself. I'm not saying that wacky things aren't happening in people's games - just that some of these isuues that are making the game "unplayable" haven't happened to me but like I say I have only played the game up till September.

Of course there will always be people who complain about everything unless they win each and every match in the game. But that does not mean each and every complaint is just a whine. And it is kinda hard to know about the bug if you have played just 3 months of the game since the problem usually starts at the end of the first season :)

Of course there will always be people who complain about everything unless they win each and every match in the game. But that does not mean each and every complaint is just a whine. And it is kinda hard to know about the bug if you have played just 3 months of the game since the problem usually starts at the end of the first season :)

I understand what you're saying and I know that there are legitimate concerns about the game but I do feel that some people just whine about the smallest of things. My argument is just that certain people are just too quick to point out something about the game as being a bug or that the game is "broke" instead of taking the time to look into the problem or understand why something has happened. Some of the transfers that the game has thrown up in people's games do sound ridiculous but so are some of the transfers in real life. I did mention as well that because I have only reached September in this version I can't really mention anything bad about the transfer system as yet because nothing has happened on my game that warrants complaint but I am in no way saying that strange things haven't happened to anyone else because I can't argue what I've not experienced. The transfer system in this version may BE flawed and in need of a fix but to say that the game is unplayable because of this is taking it to extremes in my opinion.

I did mention as well that a select few people complained about the amount of injuries their team(s) were getting in FM2010 even after the third patch and were saying that it was ridiculous and not realistic and were saying the system was still bugged. Instead of trying to do something about it (as in searching for help on what they were doing wrong, changing their tactics, change their training etc) these people would just belate the game and write off anyone's suggestions and just continue complaining about the game. Also they would still play the game even though they are moaning about it which is also laughable. I mean if the game is as bad as what some people are saying then why are they still playing it?! That's like test driving a new car and then reaching the verdict that you don't like it after all but yet you still go ahead and buy it anyway. Pointless.

I know there are valid faults with the game (I mentioned a few with the ME in my last post) and I'm not arguing that there are not but the game HAS just been released like I say and no game is perfect on release and it can take a patch or two to get the game a bit more up to speed on how things can run. Also, if the 2nd patch is due out in December then it's not that long to wait until more fixes are done to the game.

All good things come to those who wait :D

Neymar to Shakhtar really isn't completely unrealistic- they are a rich club that consistently competes in the Champion's League. Neymar is a young Brazilian with no experience in Europe.

Keep playing- the transfers can be really odd, but it's very hit or miss. In one save of mine the transfers were completely screwed, but in others they've been fairly normal.

I bought game and only played in one week. After that, unhesitatingly, I uninstalled it to come back to FM 10.3. The transfer system in FM 11 is really frustrating. It's quite awful. Can you imagine that I even couldn't sell any players with 0$ although I offered the top players to other clubs (Ex. Bryan Ruiz, he scored 20 goals in one season, but when the salary budget was going to increase highly and my club couldn't handle that). Furthermore, weirdly, at start of season, I offered some players with 20mil $ but their clubs rejected, however, at the middle of season, the clubs offered the very very good players(Suarez, Ajax) with unbelievable price although these players didn't require the salary too high and they still have contracts long time with their clubs. Feeling so disappointed with FM 11.

Do you not think your expectations are a little high?

I should imagine that H&W vs WS is very rarely a skill filled example of the beautiful game.

Edgar:

I should point out I was talking about bug goals, lunatic refs etc. The assumption that I was expected Champions League standard football is typical.

I posted that in a rage having vowed never to touch FM11 again until the final patch. I should have elaborated on my whinges. If there's one thing I really cannot stand is half finished games wasting my time and effort, and that's what FM11 is doing.

Perhaps I should go back to it to see if I can recreate the constant goals I was conceding from the touchline: a winger punts over a hopefull cross from miles out, it glides towards near post, my perfectly placed goalkeeper bends like a geriatric to catch it and it miraculoulsy passes straight through him. "...but he didn't mean it". Always the AI team. I should really have saved the match(es)iand uploaded on the bugs forum, plus other examples of ME inconsistancies that render the experience entirely pointless.

It was my first game since a very brief dalliance with the demo (untill the now uninstalled Steam shut me out) and I was only two games in, so perhaps I was just unlucky and had every 500/1 odds bug thrown at me in one game. I'll give it another go today and this time save and upload anything that has me punching the screen.

Personally, I want a really good solid save game and therefore I'm waiting until mid december when the next patch come out (as I've been told) and going to start properly then. At the minute, the save I thought was going to be my first good solid one has now turned into a serious, but fun game getting used to it all. Just hoping December comes round quick though!:D

Neymar to Shakhtar really isn't completely unrealistic- they are a rich club that consistently competes in the Champion's League. Neymar is a young Brazilian with no experience in Europe.

Keep playing- the transfers can be really odd, but it's very hit or miss. In one save of mine the transfers were completely screwed, but in others they've been fairly normal.

Neymars transfer to Shakhtar may be a little odd, but its not FM11s fault. Even on my FM 10, Neymar went to join Panathinaikos so these transfers can happen, I mean who IRL expected Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to join West Ham with so many other clubs chasing them.

Every year... every single year... :)

Professional moaners against relentless SI apologists... each side denying the undeniable...

I'm just near the end of the 1st season, so I haven't noticed many weird transfers, except the usual "Old former internationals joining mediocre clubs abroad" issue... but at least it's not as ridiculous as it was in FM10.

Still we DO have proofs in other threads of Top Stars being sold for pocket money, and I'm keen on blaming it on the dreadful players' attitude/interaction/PR we have this year...

Apparently every player is a 13 years old girl who'll overreact to the slightest media comment... Give ONE wrong answer in a press conference or, God forbid, say the wrong thing in a private chat and you're screwed...

I've seen players with Very Low morale despite having been integral part of the successful league campaign... Bi-polarism much?

Not to mention the typical "sorry, you just can't win this match" effect, triggered by obscure factors you can't possibly imagine.. but for sure "it's your tactic" ;)

We ALL know FM isn't pefect and can't be perfect. However pointing out the most glaring and annoying flaws shouldn't be regarded as whining, even though sometimes some people do overreact. But I can totally see their point even if expressed in debatable fashion.

If it wasn't for the input of many "naysayers" we wouldn't have gotten many bugs and issues solved... Gratitude and faithfulness toward SI shouldn't lead to having a community made of Yes-Men.

P.S. Just like last year's unreasonably high fees were ludicrious, this year's bargain bin prices are equally wrong... It's not that "someone will always find something to bitch about"... it's just a mere matter of expecting a reasonable degree of quasi-realism

Archived