Idea: Train weaker foot

Unless a player is 'avoiding the use of his weaker foot', he's going to be doing this automatically.

And of course you can position train (and play) someone who's a natural right fullback/winger on the left side of the pitch, if you want, and there may be cases where it's good to do so.

But I don't think you should be able to change one foot being naturally stronger than the other. Unless the next generation of football trainers will have gene altering technology.

Well, he might have been naturally ambidextrous :) A lot of people are and they don't know it, but not everyone is.

That's really not how it works. It's all about practice.

People who get their left hand tied behind their chair when they're young (don't think this still happens, but in lots of places it used to, because being left-handed was "unnatural" or linked with the devil) can't automatically retain their left-handed ability as they improve their right, nor do they have to be "naturally ambidextrous" to become right-handed.

Similarly, and more relevantly to football: George Best decided he wanted to be a two-footed player, so when he was younger he trained wearing a plimsoll on his strong foot, and a football boot on the left. So if he wanted to go into tackles, or hit the ball hard etc. he had to use his weaker foot.

Eventually, he was basically perfectly two-footed.

I don't know about everyone individually but these things can be trickier for some, I do know however up to a months training of opposite foot kicking only (only good foot for touches and stopping) can lead to either footedness.

Or what that guy said in the previous post ^^ lol.

Me and a m8 decided it would be interesting to try this when we were in our early teens. It has worked but now i am older i stopped training but still have confidence in my left foot ability.

I am all for it.

Even at a younger age, my coaches always asked us to practise passing and shooting with the weaker foot.

Also, my own experience is you can learn that - I am left handed, I can'T even hold a pencil straight in my right hand as I never do it. However, due to space restrictions I had to use my right hand when I got my first PC for controlling the mouse. I still do that wile I struggle controlling the cursor with the left hand....

I am sure it can be learned (could be linked to Adaptability in game) ... I am right handed (and very right footed) ... but when I eat, I always use the knife in my left hand and fork in the right. I can't even eat properly if I hold them "correctly". Not sure why though, but I guess I for some reason started eating like that when i was young, and it got stuck that way :)

I am sure it can be learned (could be linked to Adaptability in game) ... I am right handed (and very right footed) ... but when I eat, I always use the knife in my left hand and fork in the right. I can't even eat properly if I hold them "correctly". Not sure why though, but I guess I for some reason started eating like that when i was young, and it got stuck that way :)

Versatility you mean.

Archived