Player Needs a Work Permit - but I only just signed them?

I just signed Fabian Monzon for Liverpool. Unfortunately, despite signing him and seeing him in my squad and being able to register him for the competition, he shows up with a red "wp" next to his name, and the only reference anywhere is if I mouse over the "WP" it says "need work permit".

How do I get one? I've never needed to get one before for a player I already own. I agreed to sign him in October and he didn't complete his move until December...is this a factor? Has his permit run out in this time? Am I stuck?

Check your news items.

Did he gain a work permit when you purchased him?

Methinks he did not...

right but then how was I able to purchase him? normally the transfer is refused on the grounds that I cannot get a permit. if he needs one to play, why was I able to purchase him? and why wasn't I warned about this?

right but then how was I able to purchase him? normally the transfer is refused on the grounds that I cannot get a permit. if he needs one to play, why was I able to purchase him? and why wasn't I warned about this?

Well I don't know - like I say, you will need to check your news items.

But generally, if you have a "feeder club for work permits" you will be offered the option of signing the player in order to loan him out to that club. I guess you didn't read that bit when it came to confirming the transfer.

Well I don't know - like I say, you will need to check your news items.

But generally, if you have a "feeder club for work permits" you will be offered the option of signing the player in order to loan him out to that club. I guess you didn't read that bit when it came to confirming the transfer.

no, there is no mention in any news item about a work permit for this guy. nothing when I signed him, nothing at all. I did a search for his name, found everything related to the transfer, and there is nothing.

Yeah you're right, first work permit is rejected, then you appeal. But when that appeal is rejected he'll just appear in your squad with the little red box next to his name.

There's no option for 'cancel transfer because of work permit' .

It's so infuriating! especially when you've signed Maxwell on 60K a week for 3 years, no idea what to do. Might just cut my losses and sell him on ASAP.

if your club has an affiliated club where you can send players "to avoid work permit regulations" then you can sign a player even if they can't get a work permit for the country your club is in, and then you just loan the player out to your affiliated club.

Just loan him out to liverpools affiliated club Genk, only thing is it take like 3 seasons for him to get a work permit i think.

^ this. Numerous clubs have affiliates they use to avoid work permit issues. Liverpool has Genk, United has Antwerp, and so on. Basically they will gain a european work permit by "working" in belgium (or w/e) for 3 years, and then can come and play for you in England. I think arsenal had a similar issue with Carlos Vela (hence him being loaned out to spain all those seasons)

In past versions you could re-apply for a permit by offering the player a new contract. i do not know if this will work in the current version.

Archived