Blue Square South Play Off Final - Not played at Neutral Ground?

I lost the play off Final to Lewes. For some reason we played it at there home ground, The Dripping Fields or some such.?

The Dripping Pan! :D

Not a bug. Of the two teams in the final, the one who finished higher in the league hosts the game. They used to do neutral venues but scrapped it for some reason, not sure what...

Is this actually happening for real in the BSB South? Didn't know that.

It's been this way in the North/South for a few years now. While the final of the Conf National Playoffs is played at Wembley, the North/South final hosts are determined by who finished the highest in the league.

In the regional leagues below the North/South, they use this method for the single match Palyoff Semi Finals too.

It's been this way in the North/South for a few years now. While the final of the Conf National Playoffs is played at Wembley, the North/South final hosts are determined by who finished the highest in the league.

In the regional leagues below the North/South, they use this method for the single match Palyoff Semi Finals too.

You're right as well. Just checked the video of last season's play-off final between Bath City and Woking. I must have realised it was at Twerton Park at the time because I followed the match (I wanted Bath to win btw), but obviously I've since forgotten. :o

Mind you, it has been a long while since I've had even the slightest reason to worry about where the play-off final is being held as a St. Albans City supporter. :D

Mind you, it has been a long while since I've had even the slightest reason to worry about where the play-off final is being held as a St. Albans City supporter. :D

Not looking good for you is it? Worst thing about relegation will be having to edit your team into FM2012 if you want to play as them!

Who were the 2 teams in the final?

Since the Conference were granted the 2nd promotion spot, the Playoff final has become the more attractive Wembley visit for BSP teams over The FA Trophy Final.

It was Dartford (me) vs Hereford. Season 3, 2013.

Hereford would certianly have boosted the crowd, 35000 sounds about right. Look at real life Conf National Playoff Final attendances since the match moved back to Wembley:

2007 Exeter 1-2 Morecambe - 40023

2008 Cambridge 0-1 Exeter - 42511

2009 Cambridge 0-2 Torquay - 35089

2010 Oxford 3-1 York - 42669

Not looking good for you is it? Worst thing about relegation will be having to edit your team into FM2012 if you want to play as them!

I don't think that's the worst thing Trents in the grand scheme of things but I suppose it's still a consideration. The day I have to start reloading to play Dafuge's Challenge will be a sad one for me. :(

It's not looking good at the moment on the pitch and even worse off it. I still think the team are hugely underachieving this season and that they are good enough to stay up, however a possible points deduction (for alleged financial irregularities) may make it very difficult for a recovery. Worrying times. :(

Lewes have always played their home matches at the Dripping Pan (often just called The Pan). The ground itself is known to have been used for football matches prior to the formation of the current club, and has been used by the local people for recreation since time immemorial. The unusual name, "The Dripping Pan", is because the site was where monks from the local priory used to dry water from the nearby river to make salt. This also accounted for the pitch being sunk below ground level and being surrounded by grass banks on all sides.

Read more: http://saintschat.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=459#ixzz15SGIStIV

Archived