il grouppo senza il nomo Game Thread

ilgroupposenzailnomo.jpg

After the demise of the clan formerly known as EFB and former leader Andy_H now too busy locking thread all over the board to start a new game icon_wink.gif

Now members of EFB old and new have banded together to form il grouppo senza il nomo (the group with no name). The game will commence on Tuesday 29th November 2006 at 9pm GMT.

The current player list at present :

Rob Perry : host

Steff Browning

David Johnston

Sandy Pettigrew

Paul Rouch (subject to confirmation)

Tony Hall (subject to confirmation)

We are not looking for anymore players currently so please do not post in this thread asking to join or we’ll set Andy_H on you, and trust me, you wouldn’t like that.

The game will be played on FM2007 and we are all looking forward to getting down to business, all of the players involved in this game have proven themselves as committed dedicated players through the previous incarnations of EFB.

Since we are a new clan it’s obvious we aren’t an established clan, but hopefully this will change in the future.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ilgroupposenzailnomo.jpg

After the demise of the clan formerly known as EFB and former leader Andy_H now too busy locking thread all over the board to start a new game icon_wink.gif

Now members of EFB old and new have banded together to form il grouppo senza il nomo (the group with no name). The game will commence on Tuesday 29th November 2006 at 9pm GMT.

The current player list at present :

Rob Perry : host

Steff Browning

David Johnston

Sandy Pettigrew

Paul Rouch (subject to confirmation)

Tony Hall (subject to confirmation)

We are not looking for anymore players currently so please do not post in this thread asking to join or we’ll set Andy_H on you, and trust me, you wouldn’t like that.

The game will be played on FM2007 and we are all looking forward to getting down to business, all of the players involved in this game have proven themselves as committed dedicated players through the previous incarnations of EFB.

Since we are a new clan it’s obvious we aren’t an established clan, but hopefully this will change in the future.

steffbanner.jpg

Rumours about Redknapp quitting prove true - Portsmouth make shock appointment!

With rumours swirling around the football world that Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp was about the quit the game and bugger off to the East London to run a dodgy second hand car lot, speculation was mouting as to his successor should he choose to leave the club.

The answer was given today as amind great fanfare Steff Browning was unvield as the club's new manager.

With no previous mangerial experience Browning is going to have a massive job on his hands trying to keep Portsmouth in the Premiership.

Here's what the man himself had to say shortly after his appointment:

Reporter : So, Steff how did your appointment come about?

Steff : Well as you know I've just recently passed my coaching badges and on the morning in question I was hanging around Celtic's Barrowfield training ground trying to badger wee Gordon into giving me a job at Celtic, after being told in no uncertain terms that I wasn't wanted and to maybe try Hearts as no doubt they'd be looking for a new manager soon, I was making my way back to car when suddenly I felt a searing pain in the back of my head just then everything went black

Reporter : Thats all fine and well but what does this have to do with your new job?

Steff : Yeah, I'm getting to that, don't interupt me again or you won't find out, ok?

Good, now when I came to I still couldn't see, it took a few seconds for it to dawn on me that I was hooded and handcuffed to a chair.

"Mr Browning" a voice boomed, it was obvious to me straight away that my captor spoke with a Russian accent

"what the hell do you want with me" I demanded to know.

"we hear you have been desperate to get into this football management/coaching thing, you've been gaining quite a reputation as a persistant little bastard"

"Well I am sorry if I've upset any of your friends, I'm just trying to get my start in the game!" I protested, feeling really nervous now.

"No no Mr Browning you misunderstand, we have come to you with a job offer!"

At this point I couldn't contain myself, what club with Russian connections could want little old me?

All that came to my mind was, no surely not?

Surely Chelsea wouldn't want anything to do with me? yes it must be!

You can only imagine my disappointment with what was said next

"We are acting on behalf of Comrade Alexandre Gaydmak the chairman of Portsmouth football club, our current manager has left us in the lurch by going to sell lada's and quittig football all together, Comrade Gaydmak would like to offer you this opportunity to become our new manager, what do you say?

"I'd be delighted I shreeked!, but guys, why the whole kidnapping thing?"

"We are very sorry if we offended, but this is just how business is conducted in mother Russia, anyway we must leave now be at Fratton park first thing Tomorrow morning"

And with that I was bundled out of a side door.

Reporter : Well that certainly is an interesting story, but tell us, now that your here what are your plans for the club?

Steff : Well that chairman has been good enough to furnish me with a heafty transfer budget, so look out for a few new faces at the club before the transfer window closes.

Reporter : You are many pundits pick for relegation this season, where do you see the club finishing the season?

Steff : Relegation? I really beleive this team has what it takes to finish in the upper echelons of the table, and a european place isn't outwith our grasp!

Reporter : Well good luck with your new job.

Steff : Thank you very much.

Browning has made some grand promises and his board and fans will be hoping he has what it takes to live up to them!

robbanner.jpg

Today Daniel Levy has announced that Martin Jol has left his position as Tottenham manager to return home to Holland for family reasons and they are on the lookout for a new manager, after scouring the globe for this man they have hired Rob Perry a unknown english manager who more recently has been living in America coaching the National U20 side coaching some fantastic talent, He took the job after many hours of negotiations with his agent,I think Rob can take us to the next step and get into the champions league something Martin failed to do in the time he was at the club.

News Confrence

BBC SPORTS : So why would you come back to England to manage instead of staying in America ?

ROB : Well I thought about it long and hard and decided if I wanted to make a name for myself really english football was where it was going to be or hopefully anyway.

BBC SPORTS : I heard you are letting Edgar Davids leave... why ?

ROB : I just feel his legs have gone and with Huddlestone fast approaching the England set up I wanna give the lad a chance.

SKY SPORTS : Any other members of the present squad you have decided to get rid of ?

ROB : Mido

SKY SPORTS : The fans arent going to be happy about that are they ?

ROB : I never saw anything from the lad that makes me feel hes a premiership quality player, no offence to the lad I just dont rate him.

BBC SPORTS : What plans have you got as far as pre season go ? do you have a tour set up yet ?

ROB : Obviously Im trying to set up a tour of the US maybe play my old U20 team but we'll see, I must go now training is about to start and Ive got a lot to look at before the season starts, thanks for coming.

BBC SPORTS : Thanks for talking with us and good luck in your new job.

SKY SPORTS : Yeah thanks and good luck to you and Tottenham for the season.

davebanner.jpg

Man City to replace a Psycho with a ****** at the City of Manchester Stadium

After only managing a 15th place finish in his first season at the club, Psycho Stuart Pearce has been given the boot. Rumour has it City Chairman John Wardle is looking to recruit the relatively unknown David Johnston to take the club to success and fortunes. Johnston has been out of football management for a number of years now, previously having managed the Bristol Titties gaining promotion to the English Championship in the process.

Our reporters have had a torrid time trying to track down the ex-Titties man, who is rumoured to have spent the last 2 years at the bottom of a whisky bottle in some bar in Maryhill, rueing the day he ever announced his interest in moving to a premiership club while in the middle of the season with Bristol. Shortly after this statement Johnston was called to the chairman's office and promptly issued with his marching orders. Fans and pundits alike are already wondering what Wardle is thinking, and this is what he had to say:

Reporter: Mr. Wardle, first of all could you tell us why you decided to terminate Psycho's contract after only one season?

Wardle: Well we discussed it long and hard and decided that despite Stuart keeping us in the Premiership last season, the future of the club should lie in the hands of someone with a bit more drive and ambition. European football is the aim for us.

Reporter: And you think a drunken Glaswegian is the man to achieve this?

Wardle: I followed Dave's career closely while he was in Bristol and I thought he did an excellent job. He established them as a strong contender in the Championship and also uncovered a few gems. We have an excellent youth setup here in Manchester and we are looking for someone to use that to build a strong team.

Reporter: But Johnston hasn't been involved in football for years, after angering the fans by declaring his interest to move to another club.

Wardle: That was an unfortunate incident that I feel was blown out of all proportions by the media. I admire Dave's ambition. I think all managers dream of one day managing one of the elite European teams and Dave was just unfortunate that the press twisted his words and turned the fans against him. I feel that once he joins us here in Machester and begins working with some of our youngsters, he will agree that we have a great future ahead of us and will do his best to help us challenge for a European spot.

Reporter: So there you have it, Chairman John Wrdle is full of confidence that Johnston will be able to kick his drinking habit and develop Man City into a formidable European force.

As the preseason draws near our reporters have finally managed to track a surprisingly clean-shaven and well-dressed Johnston down.

Reporter: Well Mr. Johnston you certainly looked to have got your life back on track?

Johnston: Losing my job in Bristol certainly hit me hard and I feel ashamed of myself that I took to the drinking so hard. But I am so grateful to Mr Wardle for handing me a second chance. And I am delighted that he has publicly announced his confidence that I am the man for the job. I have great plans for the club, we have an unbelievable youth setup here and mixed with the experience of players such as Didi Hamann, I really think we have a chance to do well.

Reporter: You will have the great fortune now of managing a player touted as a potential World Player of the Year, what do you think your chances are at keeping Micah Richards here in Manchester?

Johnston: Micah has unbelievable talent for his age, he and a number of others in our youth team. But I know that he is already being chased by some of the bigger names and I will have to work hard to keep him here. I have already spoken to the lad and I feel he loves this club and has a great deal of loyalty. As long as we can achieve the kind of success I am planning on then I believe we will have no problem keeping him here. Like all players he wants to win trophies, and I aim to provide him with that chance right here. Micah is an indication of the things to come from Man City, we have a few other lads in our youth setup who have similar ability, and I plan to get them into the action soon enough too.

Reporter: Well Dave, you certainly seem to have your plans well laid, and the fans will be glad to learn of you confidence and ambition. All of us here wish you a great success, and I'm sure we will be talking moreas the season progresses.

Johnston: Thanks.

So there you have it, Johnston has great plans for the season and the fans are excited at the prospect. For those who are unaware of Johnstons footballing history, here is a brief outline of his playing career.

1987 - 1991 Rob Roy Football Club (Kirkintilloch) Played 108 Scored 65

1991 - 1997 Partick Thistle Played 149 Scored 105

1997 - 1999 Liverpool Played 0 Scored 0

1999 - 2000 Tranmere Rovers Played 5 Scored 0

2000 - 2002 Torquay Played 36 Scored 5

2002 - 2003 Partick Thistle Played 5 Scored 3

Strating his career as a young lad at his local team Rob Roy, Dave attracted a lot of interest due to his natural goal scoring ability. However his love for Partick Thistle was so great that he turned down an early move to England and instead became a star for his favourite team. Playing there for 6 years Johnston managed to rack up over 100 goals and eventually (to a lot of people's surprise) gained a trial at Liverpool.

Dave performed very well during his trial at Liverpool and was offered a full contract which he had no problem accepting. However during his first training session he was heavily tackled by a team mate and his knee was destroyed. An injury that would eventually end his playing career.

After recovering from his injury Dave couldn't find his composure in front of goal and was never handed his dream debut at Anfield. Instead he was shipped of to Division 1 Tranmere Rovers where he only managed a handful of games and no goals. After this it was down to division 3 where he managed 36 games for Torquay with 5 goals.

Finally facing the fact that his knee would just not allow him to continue playing Dave headed back North for 1 final season with the Jags. Managing a few starts but not scoring any goals Dave's final game came against Rangers in a Scottish Cup game at Ibrox. Determined to leave his mark on the game Dave started with a desire to score against the team he has always hated. Unbelievably he managed a hat-trick that day before being stretchered off because of his knee. Thistle won 5-1.

Dave never played again but instead took up coaching and eventually gained his job with Bristol, the rest as they say is history.

Let the games begin.

icon_biggrin.gif

tonybanner.jpg

Newcastle Sack Glenn Roeder and appoint Tony Hall as their New Manager

Kelly Dalgliesh: "In a surprise move today have sacked manager Glenn Roeder after a board room bust up between Roeder and Chairman Freddy Shepherd. However it hasn't taken the Chairman long to appoint a replacement as he has drafted in former Reading Manager Tony Hall who took the Royals to two Play-off semi finals. We go now to the press conference"

Newcastle Conference Room

Freddy Shepherd: "I welcome you all to the press conference and firstly I would like to thank Glenn Roeder for the work he put into this club but today we must move on. Secondly I'd like to introduce you all to the new manager of Newcastle Football Club, Tony Hall"

Reporter: "Why have you chosen Tony Hall?"

Freddy Shepherd: "We chose Tony because he is a great upcoming manager who could well one day manage England. He has a great vision for Newcastle and he won't accept failure and he will stop at nothing to bring success, I'll let Tony speak to you now and answer a few questions"

Tony Hall: "Good afternoon to you all, firstly I'd like to thank Mr Shepherd for giving me the responsibilty of leading Newcastle into a new era of success and secondly I would like to assure the fans that I will do my very best to bring Newcastle back to where they belong and that is the top half of the table. I would also like to ask for teh fans patience as alot of work is going to have to be performed to strengthen our side"

Reporter: "When you say alot of work to strengthen the side, do you mean finding cover for the absence of Michael Owen who is probably not going to play this season due to the injury he suffered in the World Cup, also have you already looked at possible transfer targets?"

Tony Hall: "Well obviously the loss of Michael Owen is a big blow to the club but I am not going to speculate on how long he will be out for, I'm hoping he will make some sort of impact before the season is over but I am not going to rush him back onto the pitch until I am sure he is fit, as for finding cover for his absence I am going to be looking at what Players I have here before I look at the market. As for transfer targets I have been looking and have already informed the chairman of who I would like to bring in"

Reporter: "There is a rumour that new Spurs Coach Rob Perry could be looking to sell Robbie Keane, would you be interested in buying him?"

Tony Hall: "I think any premiership manager would be interested in buying Robbie Keane, he is a good player to have, I would be foolish not to be interested but it depends on how much Spurs would be willing to let Robbie go for"

Freddy Shepherd: "This concludes the conference gentlemen, our press officer will handle any other question"

Back to the studio

Kelly Dalgliesh: "That was Freddy Shepherd and new Newcastle Manager Tony Hall speaking earlier today, Tony Hall first task will be to ensure Newcastle qualify for the UEFA Cup this season which will be a big task for a side who under performed last season under Glenn Roeder following Graeme Souness's departure and Tony Hall will be wanting to get rid of the revolving door nickname that has shrouded Newcastle past with a long list of managers who failed to bring silverware for teh first time in 50 years."

sandybanner1.jpg

Pettigrew flies in as O'Neil jets out

Randy Lerner make a shock appointment as Martin O'Neil's appointment fell through and Lerner jumped at the chance to appoint rookie manager Sandy Pettigrew as head coach.

Pettigrew has been a youth coach at Hearts over the past 5 years and also had 2 short periods as interim head coach.

At the News Conference

BBC Sports :Sandy, why did you join Aston Villa when you had various other offers around europe ?

Sandy :Well its simple really as I spoke with Randy and his ambition matches mine as I see Aston Villa potentially a huge club and winning all trophys.

BBC Sports :What do you think of your current squad, Do you need many improvements.

Sandy :I think the squad is good but will need a few younger players to come in and bulk up the squad.

BBC Sports :Thank you for your time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Mr Perry where's my hot chick thats present in every banner!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh aye and cheers for letting me join Rob. Glad to be back playing, still no fan of the mirc room you have set up though!!!!

I demand a rename. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

#betterthanefb is a ffffffffffffffffb name icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Mr Perry where's my hot chick thats present in every banner!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh aye and cheers for letting me join Rob. Glad to be back playing, still no fan of the mirc room you have set up though!!!!

I demand a rename. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

#betterthanefb is a ffffffffffffffffb name icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's not. icon_eek.gif

rouchiebanner.jpg

******BREAKING NEWS****** BREAKING NEWS******

After the announcement of the takeover at West Ham the new owners have decided to bring in some fresh blood to manage the team. Alan Pardew, having done a sterling job as manager had been offered a place on the board, but Pardew decided to leave the club and keep his options open in the job market. The club wished him well as he will always hold a place in the fans hearts as a legend at the Boleyn. The West Ham fanzine Over Land and Sea was the first publication to scoop an interview with the rookie Manager in which Paul Rouch outlined his vision for the future of the club, which indicated evolution rather than revolution. Rouch also contributed to the unofficial West Ham website KUMB.com to affirm that he will be looking to strengthen the squad with some promising youngsters before the season kicks off. At the official unveiling of the new manager he had this to say “I have always had a special place in my heart for West Ham and you can’t begin to understand what this means to me, to manage the club I have supported since I was a small boy. I intend to move the club on to the next stage once we have stabilised our position as a premiership club, and in my five year plan for the team, we will be playing Champions League football and bringing home trophies, I just ask that the supporters and the board show me the patience to achieve this as it is not going to happen overnight, but it will happen†Opinion is divided at this stage as to whether Rouch is the right man to move West Ham in to the top 6, but everyone is sure it will be a fun ride for this young opinionated and confident rookie manager icon_biggrin.gif

andybanner.jpg

Unknown Scot takes over at Blackburn!!!!

In utterly sensational news it has emerged Mark Hughes has been kicked out of Ewood Park and sent back to Wales after being found guilty of trying to buy his way to a move to Manchester Utd where his heart really lies.

In his place is an unknown Scot with absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever in football and has never even played the game it has been reported. The Scot in question is Andy Hepburn, a 26 year old from Glasgow who decided to apply to be a football manager after doing so well in a computer game called Football Manager when he destroyed all in his path with every team in the game. He thought 'why not, if I can do it on the computer I can do it in real life.' He jokingly sent a CV around the globe in every football team in every major country and unbelievably Blackburn Rovers football club got in touch with him and even more amazingly appointed this guy as the manager!!!!!!!

We can now go live to Ewood Park where the news conference is taking place:

Reporter - This is a huge gamble Mr Hepburn, do you seriously belive you can pull this off?

Hepburn - Yeah I think I can, would not be here if I did not think I could. I got Staines Utd to the Champions League final in Football Manager so Blackburn with their squad should be a dawdle.

Reporter - Football Manager?

Hepburn - Aye a computer game I got for the PC. You should check it out it's class.

Reporter - Your basing your managerial expereince on a computer game? Son, are you mental?

Hepburn - Aye. I thought if I can do it on a computer so realistic then it should be the same in real life. Oh and no I not mental.

*Uncontrollable laughter filters round the press room*

Reporter - Right ok then. So what are your plans for Blackburn Rovers then?

Hepburn - Total domination. I am gonna win the lot within the first couple of seasons and make Blackburn Rovers thee best club team in the world. Did I tell you I got Staines Utd to the final of the Champions League on Football Manager. What a team I had.

Reporter - Now your taking the ****. Who the hell are you and who is the real manager of Blackburn Rovers?

Hepburn - Me you numpty. Why do you not believe me? Honestly I gave up my previous job as a rocket scientist in Glasgow to move here to become manager!!!!!

Reporter - Ok mate your on drugs and we're out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The press conference was just completely unbelievable. The press were all over Hepburn like a rash with his comments and life at Ewood Park this season could be very very interesting indeed. With what looks like an absolute crackpot in charge life will never be the same at Ewood.

sandybanner1.jpg

Mr predictions

Rob and Spurs -I think Rob will dco very well and get in the top 5 with 2 good cup runs also.

Rouchie and West Ham - I can see Rouchie doing really well in Europe and finishing in the top 8.

Steff and Pompey -This is the tough one, with the right buys steff could be up their challenging for the title with the big bos and not having europe to worry about. - 4th im going for.

Andy and Blackburn-I think Andy will be destined for mid table this season and going out of Europe before Xmas.

Tony and the Toon-I think Tony like real life could struggle alot in the prem without having any real firepower up front. I think he will get to the knockout stages of europe.

Dave and Citeh -I think Dave like Andy will finish mid table, way off relagation but not quite european spot.

Myself and Villa - I think i will finish possibly 8th. I will need to get a fair few good signings in to do it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Dave and Citeh -I think Dave like Andy will finish mid table, way off relagation but not quite european spot.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif I'll show you.

City for relegation icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Mr predictions

Steff and Pompey -This is the tough one, with the right buys steff could be up their challenging for the title with the big bos and not having europe to worry about. - 4th im going for.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaahahahahahahahaahah

so you think I'm going to finish above everyone else?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

Mr predictions

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaahahahahahahahaahah

so you think I'm going to finish above everyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know he is as deluded as mad Vlad is at the moment. Steff you'll be fighting relegation as always. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

I agree with Sandy's prediction for me as Freddy Shepherd is a stingy sod when it comes to a transfer budget

Mind you I've had worse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will you be signing Vincent Pericard in this one Tony, he was an old favourite

Predictions City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob - Top five finish and good cup runs. May end with a couple of trophies.

rouchie - Has a lot to live up to after his exploits in EFB 06 but should do very well again. Fighting for a top five finish along with Rob. Will own the Craling Cup like he did in EFB 06.

Steff - Fighting relegation and buying loads of crappy players. No cup run to speak of I think either.

Sandy - Will buy 234984375984375938745 players in his first season alone. Should be top ten and maybe a cup run of sorts.

Dave - Not played with Dave for awhile but was always known as the nearly man in EFB 05. icon_wink.gif Mid table and maybe the latter stages of the cups.

Tony - Moaning, groaning about how he does everything right but still loses consistently. icon14.gif Top ten finish and maybe a cup run somewhere.

Me - Well I hope to finish top five and really challenge for the cups. A good run in europe would be cool too. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tony - Moaning, groaning about how he does everything right but still loses consistently. Top ten finish and maybe a cup run somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I may moan alittle but you have yet to see me manage a Premiership side and you will notice a remarkable difference.

But seriously

If I had to make a prediction I would think Villa, West Ham and Spurs will be amongst the top clubs.

Blackburn, Portsmouth, City and Newcastle will all be mid-table.

I don't think anyone will win the league, or get relegated. I expect 1 CL qualifier from the 3 above, and the other 2 in Uefa.

Cup is anyones game, in my man u game I have never won the league cup, so it's not about quality of players. I'd say there 1 of us will win the league cup, but not the FA cup.

So there, do you think I could be any more vague.

davebanner.jpg

Update from the City of Manchester Stadium

First off I would like to welcome you all to my regular update spot, I will try my best to keep all you loyal fans up to date on the developments here in Manc Land. Expect to see updates posted twice a week around Wednesday and Friday.

So after my appointent as manager of Man Citeh I took some time to examine the quality of my current squad. And I am happy to say that I like what I see so far. We have some good players here and I hope to build on that this season. But don't worry, I will also be trying my best to bring in some top quality players too. Unfortunately due to the clubs financial status I will only have 2.85 million to spend on new players, but I will try to make this money count and I have a few ideas in mind as to where it will go.

Looking through the squad I have pinpointed the areas I will be looking to improve over the next few weeks. My attention was brought straight away to the lack of right wingers. The only option we have at the moment is the ageing Trevor Sinclair. I still consider Trev as a player who can help us out this season, but I will be looking to bring someone in who can compete for the starting position.

Another area I will be looking to strengthen is my left back. At the moment I see only Ben Thatcher as a possible left back, and will be looking for a backup in this position.

In other defensive roles I feel we have good cover. Plenty of centre halfs, and after seeing Micah Richards in training I will definitely be playing him as my main right back/wing back. He has a natural goal scoring ability and I want to see him getting forward a lot.

In the centre of midfield we have a number of talented players who can play in a holding role, but I like to play attacking football and will look to bring in a more attack minded player soon.

Up front we have a lot of talent in Vassell, Corradi and Samaras. We also have Dickov who will bring a lot of experience to the strikeforce. But it is my opinion that you can never have too many goalscorers in your squad as you never know when someone will lose his composure in front of goal. So I will be looking to add another proven goal scorer up front.

The progress so far:

After examining the squad and identified what I am looking for I hit the transfer market looking to bring in some top players at low prices. My first offer was made to Crewe for their young England star Billy Jones. But after some negotiations the deal fell through and he instead chose to move to Paul Rouch's West Ham.

My first signing as Man City manager however was to bring back an old face on a season long loan. Robbie Fowler will be coming back for another chance to show his natural goal scoring ability. Previously being condemned to the Liverpool reserve team I thought he might be eager to get back into first team football. And he certainly showed that in our first friendly at Yeovil. A dissapointing 1-1 draw, but Robbie made an immediate impression by netting the equaliser. MotM going to Micah Richards in this game.

Another loan player has now been added to the squad, with 18 year old Brazilian midfileder Denilson moving from Arsenal to City for the season. I see the young man as a very hard worker, and someone not scared to show the opposition who's boss in midfield.

So only 1 more addition before the next friendly. This time we travelled to Serbian team Radnicki and gave them a convincing 5-0 thumping. What really impressed me with this game was that the goals came from all over the field, with Vassell, Distin and Corradi making it 3-0 at half time. The serbs were then reduced to 10 men before Jihai and Dickov capped the game off. MotM in this game was handed to Distin.

No real transfer news as yet, but attacking midfielder Matt Jansen has been brought into the squad as a trialist. A young man with a lot of talent but currently without club. He was given the start in the next friendly against another Serbian team, also with the name Radnicki and gave an impressive performance before being handed the MotM award. The game was won 2-0 with Samaras and Sinclair grabbing the goals.

So 8 goals so far in the friendlies, and all of them scored by different players, this is something I am very happy about.

A bit more luck on the transfer market now and I have managed to capture the signing of 17 year old attacking midifleder Vurnon Anita from Ajax for 180k. Another young player that I see as having a great future in the game. I will expect him to learn a lot from our more expereinced players. Also added right winger Michael Silberbauer to the squad for a fee of 1.8 million. Michael is a Danish international who has managed to net 8 goals in 25 games for his country.

The final piece of transfer news for today and possibly the most exciting. Young starlet Lebohang Mokoena has agreed to join City for a fee of 200k. An application has been submitted for a work permit and I will be hoping that in the next few days he will be given the green light to join us. Yet another player I see with a bright future. I will look to slowly introduce him to the team on the right wing. But he is still young and is more of a player for the future.

Final information for this update, another friendly against an unknown team Mladost and a 1-0 victory. Robbie Fowler again grabbing the only goal and the MotM award. So already looking to prove himself again.

More to follow on Friday

Come back on Friday for news on Mokoena's work permit as well as other transfers I have in the pipeline.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Didnt fancy Rushden & Diamonds this time then Dave!? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?!?!?

I was never R&D, in the last EFB I was Bristol City.

Or is that a joke that I don't get icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Johnston:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

Didnt fancy Rushden & Diamonds this time then Dave!? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?!?!?

I was never R&D, in the last EFB I was Bristol City.

Or is that a joke that I don't get icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew it was someone down there in them basement leagues! icon_smile.gif

robbanner.jpg

News from White Hart Lane

Mark Falco the former spurs player who was coaching the u-11 side under Martin Jol has left the club to take up the same job at Wigan, Spurs recieve 45k compensation.

Moves in the Market

Youngster Paul Ifill has joined Nottm Forest on loan for 6months to get some first team football.

Youngster David Martin leaves Livepool to sign on at Tottenham for 140k and will be back up to Paul Robinson.

American International Brian McBride has joined Tottenham in a shock move across london from Fulham for 150k

Dutch Youngster Hedwiges Maduro leaves Ajax to join Spurs for 3.9m

Martin Fulop has left WHL and has gone to QPR on loan for 6months in order to get first team football.

Young Scot Michael Staunton has joined from Celtic for 130k

Cristian Zaccardo has decided he wanted to try his luck in the Premiership and Tottenham have paid Palermo 5m for his services.

Steven Naismith left Kilmarnock for Spurs for 500k but may well go on loan at first to gain first team experience with a few clubs already showing interest in the young scottish lad.

American youngster Eddie Johnson has left MLS Kansas City to join Tottenham for 2.5m

Up and coming England player Greg Halford joins from Colchester for 1m

Edgar Davids was told he was surplus to requirements and leaves for Steff Browning's Pompey for 1m.

Feeder Club News

Q.P.R has signed a deal with Tottenham to become a feeder club for the Premiership side.

Preseason Friendlies

3 July Dc United 1-1

5 July Chicago 2-2 *this one opened the new stadium for chicago*

7 July Pittsburgh Riverhounds 3-0 win

10 July Tottenham Reserves 3-0 win

14 July Juventus 4-0 win

More updates to come soon before the season starts with Tottenham playing Sandy's Villa first should be a cracker with all sandy's new players they may struggle but we'll see.

Only a few hours till I start whooping ass with Blackburn side, Steff and Sandy fall out, rouchie turns up drunk and in fact Sandy just falling out with everybody.

Should be a fun night. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on with that one, now as for your game prediction .... icon_rolleyes.gif

rouchies Predictions

Rob - Top six finish but crap cup runs.

Steff - poor start but a strong finish to end up mid table and nowhere in cups with loads of transfer activity

Sandy - One man buying and selling machine with evry nation s flag flying above the stadium. Just outside top 6 but may surprise in the cups

Dave - Is he the man to transform City? I really don't know but will hazard a guess at an inconsistent season beating the top teams and losing to the Watfords etc City may be due a final appearance though?

Tony - great guns all season but hit with injuries and unrest in the latter stages to fall just short of the European places

AndyH- Top five finish a with a decent run in europe would make his day and I can see it happening.

Moi - If my solo on FM07 is anything to go by, I'll either be top 4 with decent cup runs, or inconsistent mid table and early exits from all cups (although hopefully better than the real start to the season!) Hopefully the first!

Archived