TG 4-2-4 v11.1

Tactic Information:

This tactic uses a variation of the age-old 4-4-2 formation, and is designed to balance a stout defence with attacking flair. This is a tactic for defensively minded managers, and it is ideal for lower-league teams.

Tactic SS:

tacticss-1.png

Results:

So far:

results-1.png

End of 1st season:

table-1.png

Tactic Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?o2417784zkj8nkb

Picking Players:

Use common sense with stats when picking players. AMR should be right footed, AML should be left footed. The DL and DR must be able to cross and dribble well. The MCL should have a physical presence as well as good tackling and passing ability. The MCR should have high Stamina, Passing, Dribbling and Decisions as a minimum. The AML/AMR should be a typical pacey winger who can Dribble and Cross well. The STL should be a pacey Poacher. The STR should be physical, with a big aerial presence and Heading ability as well as Shooting, a lá Drogba.

Note: I had the AMR winger cutting inside as my winger had sufficient ability to perform as an inside forward as well as a winger, but his primary focus was crossing, so a right footer is the best option imo. If your player is more of an out-and-out winger, untick cuts inside.

OI's:

I use AsstMan OI if he has high Tactical Knowledge. If not, use your own if you have the nous, leave alone if not. 'Work ball into box' is useful if players are shooting from distance too often.

Pitch Size:

My pitch size is the Champions League maximum, 105m x 68m, but even at smaller away grounds this tactic performs well.

Disclaimer:

This is a base tactic to work from, not a definitive 'use and you'll be as successful as Alex Ferguson' tactic. It can be for some people, if it all clicks with their own style and the players they have, but generally it will need tweaking, and that's for them to do, not me, it's their team, they need to watch and see what's not working and what is.

Please leave feedback, whether positive or constructive.

Thanks for reading,

Enjoy!

TG.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick post to thank you for this tactic. I have been tearing my hair out for weeks trying to implement something similar with Newcastle to no avail. I have used your tactic as a framework and things are looking up! I will post some screenshots when I have played a few more games. Once again thanx :)

I'd love to try this tactic but I'm having trouble downloding from Mediafire. Would it be possible to upload somewhere else?

This is unusual as I normally find Mediafire to be reliable.

Edit: Never mind, it's working now.

Archived