Star player with no morale for absolute no reason?

I am having serious problem with my star MC he has VERY low morale almost non stop .. For no reason

-He is happy in the club and its his favorite club

-I am his favorite manager

-He signed new contract 2 months ago [He had low morale then also]

-He is in the form of his life

-He is national player

-I am winning the league and the cup

-He is happy with his training

In the last 6 matches he has scored 5 goals from MC position has Overal this season he has 35 matches with 15 goals..

Bassicly i dont know whats happening i praise and praise hima and we keep wining all the time wiht him making great games..

Soemtimes when he scores goal or two his morale improves but then it plumets again.

He has not voiced and concers and states he is hpapy in the team.There have been no sales or buys

Have to ask... if you're team and the player are being successful what does it matter what his morale is. Now if he had low morale and was playing terrible I might see the point. But you said he's in top form, so who cares?

I only care what's wrong when my players aren't playing well.

Yeah great mate but there is not much feedback in ur thread.

I praised his performance [ he had top form last 5 games] and went to poor now he scored agian 2 goals [ i cant beliave how many he scores this season] and its superb but by the end of the week again very poor...

I've never seen anyone drop that fast, but I have seen guys superb at the end of a match and okay or poor by the start of the next one. Maybe he's just a very sensitive unprofessional player, maybe he doesn't like a teammate, or maybe it's a bug, who knows.

But my point is, if he is playing well regardless of the low morale so what... morale doesn't mean much other then affecting a players performance, so if you aren't suffering any negative effects from it then why worry about it. Not trying to be a jerk, really... it's just if I were in your shoes and had a player with low morale but he was performing well I'd just shrug and keep enjoying a great run.

Does the opposition manager always make comments about the player before you play matches? If so, that may be why. My star striker, Enzo Scorza, either has superb morale if he's in a good run of form, and the comments just bounce off him, or if he's gone goalless for a couple then the comments affect him and his morale is very poor. I think it probably has too great an effect, but that might be the explanation.

i have the same problem. im 2nd in my division after being promoted last season. all my team are very good or superb morale except my star striker who is very poor!

he signed a new contract before the season started, likes me, loves the club and is still my top scorer. i cant work out why hes so miserable!

Have to ask... if you're team and the player are being successful what does it matter what his morale is. Now if he had low morale and was playing terrible I might see the point. But you said he's in top form, so who cares?

I only care what's wrong when my players aren't playing well.

Got agree with you, his morale is low, but apparently he's playing brilliantly. I would not question the how's and why's it is so. Just get on with it and keep playing!

Toshef, my friend, I really don't see the problem at all?? Obviously his morale is low, but I'd guess his professionalism is quite high. Just live with it, I'd say! He is playing well, so don't make an issue, where there really isn't one.

I have an MC with same low morale issue. Hes also a star (although lower leagues).

My player is always singled out as "the player must be stopped" by other managers. ahead of every single game... (kinda annoying)

I guess this is the reason for his low morale. He takes it personal :D

I have an MC with same low morale issue. Hes also a star (although lower leagues).

My player is always singled out as "the player must be stopped" by other managers. ahead of every single game... (kinda annoying)

I guess this is the reason for his low morale. He takes it personal :D

Yeah... i beleive that should be it. I have the same issue with my striker - he started the season brilliantly for me, scoring plenty of goals. Now, before every game the opposition manager keeps telling that he must be stopped and he enters the game with 'very poor' or 'poor' morale... it seems a bit too much to me, apparently he has a low handling pressure rating but yet again... he's depressed all the time

My best striker is the same and the opposing manager even said that he should be stopped the day after he came back from injury and was nowhere near fit enough for football.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but perhaps we can take advantage of it ourselves by commenting on the opposition's star player. Although knowing my luck he'll have a big handling pressure attribute and go on to score a hat trick and get MoM.

My best striker is the same and the opposing manager even said that he should be stopped the day after he came back from injury and was nowhere near fit enough for football.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but perhaps we can take advantage of it ourselves by commenting on the opposition's star player. Although knowing my luck he'll have a big handling pressure attribute and go on to score a hat trick and get MoM.

I have the same problem with Torres, even when he's on poor form. This is perhaps not a bug, but it's very unrealistic and annoying. How many real life player do you see getting commented on the media by opposite managers EVERY SINGLE GAME?

Morale is ruining the game for me. I'm sick of going 9 unbeaten, then not being able to win for 6 games then winning the next 6 then losing 4 in a row etc etc. It happens on literally every save I've started.

I'm on the verge of giving up on it to be honest. Just feel like I've wasted my money.

That's what I'm getting before every league match yes. "Player X must be stopped". Start of the season he's at Superb morale. Then after the first of these comments it's Very Low. The fact that he's performing much better in Europe, where managers don't tell the media he must be stopped should indicate it really is a problem.

I have the same issue with my star player.. also a MC

Signed a new contract

keeps scoring and getting MOTMs

"Loves" the club

Happy with me / my coaching team

no interest from other teams

club captain

.. yet has Very Poor morale

and yea.. he also gets labelled the "one to stop" in all conferences

Yes I guess that must be it the conference thing. I did not pay much attention to him...

Bah its very effective. My star MC Is no longer star after his morale slump continued into this season he scorred 6 goals only. Thank god now my AMR is the man to stop and his morale does not plumet and my MC can finaly catch up to play..

P.S The bigger problem is that my MC was also my Captain with Influance 18 and Determination 17. So I wonder how the hell so influancial players gets destroyed by praise in presconference ?! :-/

Well, I think that as a feature, a manager saying "Player X must be stopped" should work, to a certain extent, on some players (who have trouble dealing with pressure, for instance). But having it happen every single game and with such devastating effect seems beyond the scope of what would be intended.

I have a player like that for my HSV team. After few weeks he came to me saying he wants to move to a bigger club, even though I'm his favourite personnel and favourite team.

So I think if it is your star player that has low morale, he is too good for your team and he knows it. He just hasn't told you yet.

Exactly the same deal at Barca with Messi. Everyone of course keeps saying he must be stopped, same as in real life. Only ingame, he kinda takes it badly. Poor guy hasn't smiled once the past year. Morale permanently abysmal. Clearly not a bug...

God, I've the same problem with Torres and I thought I messed up teamtalk or something. He's on very poor morale ever since the opposition managers started this...

I can't even play him, since he would start off a game "playing without confidence". Poor poor and suffering from goal drought doesn't help.

Anyone managed to "fix" this? How can I get his morale up and start performing again? :/

@Chochip, probably not. It's interesting actually, this problem stems from the player having low morale without displaying any reasons, or signs, other than the fact that their morale is low. The transfer bug deals with the fact that players get very angry at their manager and actually being unhappy, so unhappy that they request transfer.

So having low morale, but no reason for it is one bug. Having low happiness, though no real reason for it, is another.

I've had this too. Player called Chris Maguire scored 25 goals one season, was rewarded with a new contract, all going well.

New season, morale at very low, can't seem to lift him, no reason for low morale, even tried letting him have a rest, which he thought was a good idea, still nothing. Normally would just replace him, but I'm playing as Aberdeen and he was my main man, I'm gradually improving my squad around him, but the entire team is sufferring.

@Chochip, probably not. It's interesting actually, this problem stems from the player having low morale without displaying any reasons, or signs, other than the fact that their morale is low. The transfer bug deals with the fact that players get very angry at their manager and actually being unhappy, so unhappy that they request transfer.

So having low morale, but no reason for it is one bug. Having low happiness, though no real reason for it, is another.

But they do request transfer after a while. So it's not low morale for no reason. They have the low morale because they want to move on, but it just doesn't all come together immediately just like irl.

When they start getting low morale for 'no reason', expect an 'unhappy conversation' in the coming weeks.

That sounds like something completely different.

With the low morale, and the player being called out before every match, it can last for a very long time, with seemingly no real effects, other than poor performance sometimes.

Not seen anyone complain that it leads to the player wanting to leave.

Archived