Computer AI constantly scoring goals from 35/40 yards out?

Is this my imagination or is anyone else seeing a stream of goals by the AI from long distance. It makes no difference what the player stats are, they just rifle them in from insane ranges. At the moment in 10 games I have conceded no less than 9 goals from 35yds+.

Has been an issue for the last few versions as far as I know. It's incredibly frustrating when you finally find a system that stops the opponents ripping your back line to shreds and limits them to long range attempts, only to start watching the goals flying in from distance, especially when they turn wins into draws or defeats, and draws into losses.

I commented on my long shot experience in another thread, saw this post with regards to long shot:

Just a couple of quick things in regards to 'long shots:

'My team has too many long shots' - Okay so your long shots may be set on low setting - but what about creativity? If a player has high creative freedom don't just assume that'll mean he'll play amazing through-balls. It means he'll ignore your instructions to an extent and play in the role you've assigned him how they feel fit to. Likewise ticking 'free role' - it means they'll be more expressive.

'The opposition has too many long shots' - I hate to bring this out but consider your tactics. Are you midfielders and defenders set to high closing down? Is your team sitting deep allowing more space in the midfield? I'd suggest a high line, narrow width and pressing to stop long range shots - however this will open yourself up to attacks down the wings and in behind.

Archived