Unplayable due to injuries...

Anyone have having injury problems in FM11? I'm playing as Chelsea, am about 6-7 games into the Premier League Season, and half of my team is/has been out with injury. It's infectious, every game I'm losing someone. It's to the point where I'm saving before games and only saving afterward if I didn't lose anyone.

Quick glance at my team looks like this:

Terry out 3 months

Alex out 2 months

Benayoun out 8 weeks

Essien out 7 weeks

Lampard out 6 weeks

Areola out 4 weeks

Ramires out 4 weeks

Sturridge out 3 weeks

Dzeko out 3 weeks

Belfodil out 2 weeks

Magnay out 2 weeks

Ferreira out 7 days

Mitrovic out 3 days

And I've had maybe 5-7 other players injured who came back, am currently playing with Kalou/Bosingwa/Mussachio who are severely lacking fitness due to month long injuries.

What gives guys? While I have training on high for 1st teamers and very high for developing (17-21) players, I cycle players in my rotation and never start anyone under 95% if I can avoid it. Also the players seem satisfied with their workload. Plus more injuries are occurring on the pitch than in training anyways.

personally id say tone your training down a bit

but yeah ive had a bit of bad luck with injuries, had to play 2 youth players in a europa league semi due to the amount of injuries i had at once

I agree, I dont think this is a bug as I have not experience this many injuries. Must be the way the traiing is set up and not resting players at times. Or just very unlucky

Anyone have having injury problems in FM11? I'm playing as Chelsea, am about 6-7 games into the Premier League Season, and half of my team is/has been out with injury. It's infectious, every game I'm losing someone. It's to the point where I'm saving before games and only saving afterward if I didn't lose anyone.

Quick glance at my team looks like this:

Terry out 3 months

Alex out 2 months

Benayoun out 8 weeks

Essien out 7 weeks

Lampard out 6 weeks

Areola out 4 weeks

Ramires out 4 weeks

Sturridge out 3 weeks

Dzeko out 3 weeks

Belfodil out 2 weeks

Magnay out 2 weeks

Ferreira out 7 days

Mitrovic out 3 days

And I've had maybe 5-7 other players injured who came back, am currently playing with Kalou/Bosingwa/Mussachio who are severely lacking fitness due to month long injuries.

What gives guys? While I have training on high for 1st teamers and very high for developing (17-21) players, I cycle players in my rotation and never start anyone under 95% if I can avoid it. Also the players seem satisfied with their workload. Plus more injuries are occurring on the pitch than in training anyways.

Didn't David Moyes complain last season and this season about too many injuries making football unplayable for him? Didn't Alex Ferguson make a similar complaint when his entire defense was out and he was forced to play midfielders in defense? I believe both were displeased with how unrealistic reality is.

But to answer your question, nothing gives. That's how it is sometimes. Some seasons your team can be plague by injuries, and other seasons you'll barely have any at all, and then there's everything in between. Certain players will be experiencing persistent injuries because they're prone to them, and others will be extremely healthy and durable most of their careers, and then there's everything in between.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I've also seen this as well. In my Crewe save, the injury list looks like a book. Its not my training, as I lower the levels a little during the season. I don't think its a bug though just bad luck. Some seasons in Fm10 I would skate through the season with a clean bill of health. Others would be littered with injuries...as goes with real life. I suspect that is the case here.

I understand that higher training will lead to more injuries, but I've always had this high of training. In FM10 I had developing players set to the max, veteran players at the low end of high, and first teamers at the high end of high. I experienced like maybe 2-3 injuries at a time, at the most. And this is over the course of multiple saves. In FM11 I've set my training lower than what it was in FM10, and this is now my third save (if you count demo) and had injury problems in all of them, despite having the appropriate facilities and coaches. I'll have to play through at least half a season before I can really make the claim it's unplayable, but if you look at my injury list...It's hard to field 11 players at the moment.

Archived