Training Workload Distribution Problem

I've been wondering this for a while, thought maybe someone one the forums may know this:

Each player's training screen shows a breakdown of the Training workload into - Scheduled Training, Match Preparation, Position, Preferred Move Training & Individual Focus. I've set match preparation to Avearage so the breakdown is Match Prep - 30%, Scheduled+Others - 70%.

Also, I've built my own training schedules using SFraser's training theory using the number of attributes per training group and player's age as a guide. I've kept each schedule more or less to heavy, and all my players currently are Happy/Pleased with their current schedule.

Now, My question is :

Since the scheduled training only consists of 70% of total workload, are my schedules all Inadequate??? As in, while designing a schedule, do I need to assume that only 70% of the schedule (notches) are actually being used for training the player?

If that is the case, maybe I should keep the schedules all at 'Very Heavy' workload, so that even after reducing 30% of that, I get some reasonable attribute increase...?

Any help is deeply appreciated...

P.S. - The problem becomes worse if the player is on any other kind of trining apart from Scheduled & Match Prep... The fraction of scheduled becomes even lesser!!!

I'm not really sure if I understand and that this will help, but...

No matter how hard you have your actual training, on your current settings training alone will only account for 70% of the workload. It would be the same if it was on low, average or hard. You could have the same ratios (70 training, 30 match prep) on whatever workload level you wanted.

So on your current setting (with 30 dedicated to match prep), only 70% of the overall workload would be used for actual training. Match prep doesn't train, it just familiarises. Once my players are fluid in a system, I notch the match prep down so we can crack on with some proper training!

Not sure if that helps, I just noticed that you'd posted here last night asking and hadn't got a response :)

The way I understand it, you're definitely using only 70% time on scheduled training if match preparation is 30%, but those 30% come into equation when calculating how worked is the player, so if you set all players training schedules to heavy, they should tire more easily and be more susceptible to injuries because you're overworking them.

On the other hand, if your players are happy, you don't see their fitness dropping and there are no more injuries than usual, there is no reason to change anything. Might be interesting experiment if you keep it up and post your results...

Personally I set it up so that players have 20% match preparation usually and leave 80% for training. I give them either individual focus or PPM to learn so they're spending 70% or 80% on their training schedule all the time.

@matthewsoles: Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. :thup:

You did get what I was asking. I was actually just looking for someone to confirm that what I thought was correct, which you did. While I was not getting any replies though, I scoured the major fm forums for a solution and while I didn't find it, I found SFraser training theory instead. I've now used it to create individual schedules for all my players, all with heavy workload, and all Happy! :D

Maybe overtime I'll also increase the workload and see if something changes, but for now SFraser's the way to go.

@Sarmatian: Thanx for the reply man. Sure I'm gonna keep experimenting with the schedules now. My match prep is also done now and so it's set at 20%. I'm gonna try to push the limits on how much schedules training I can cram into the remaining 80% while keeping the bunch all smiles.

Archived