Own Goal Bonanza!!!

There is something seriously wrong with the game when it comes to own goals... I'm getting 1-2 own goals every other match!!!

same thing's happening with the AI team too, they also end up giving away at least 1 every other game...

I don't think it's my players' intelligence coz I'm also scoring a lot of goals (in the opponent's goal :p)...

In fact, most of the time it's because the keeper let's the ball heading for an own goal through, as if he were blind... But, I know he's not blind, coz other times the Idiot moves out of the ball's way to let it pass through to goal... :confused:

Yeah its pretty ridiculous.

I don't think they're truly own goals, I just think the crediting of them is a bit extreme.

Two examples in a game i just played there. My centre-back powers in a towering header from a corner, hits the man on the post and goes in. Own goal. Then their striker hits on at the top corner, my keeper gets a slight touch but can't keep it out. Own goal to the keeper.

Needs toned down a bit and given a bit more leeway so as not to credit an own goal for every minor deflection.

I've noticed this too. Actually, I felt there were too many OGs in FM10 as well, but FM11 takes it to a different level. And, as the poster above said, some of the crediting for own goals is ridiculous. I had a newgen LM score on my Athletic save in the Europa League. He was in just the right sopt and barely tapped it, but when he did the keeper tipped it a bit and it was an own goal- he got robbed!!

Archived