Dynamic League Reputation

I was just wondering if anyone has, through the achievements of their own club in europe, been able to raise the Reputation of their league from, perhaps 2* to 4* and made a previously low achieving country (like Croatia or Switzerland or Sweden etc) become the main football force in europe?

It took me 10 seasons to get belgium to the 6th place, so I can imagine it will take quite a bit longer for even smaller leagues. Unless you manage 3 or 4 teams from the league at the same time. The biggest challenge in getting league rep up, is that the other teams are really dragging you down the first couple years, as they struggle to be successful in Europe. It will take them a couple of years to build up a squad that will even get them through in the later rounds of the Europa Cup.

I'm curious to see though how far I can get the DLR up by myself, but I think 6th is pretty much the end of the line, as all the leagues above me (spain, england, ...) are still very dominant in the later stages in europe, making it pretty much impossible to get past them.

6th place = 3.5 stars btw. :)

It took me 10 seasons to get belgium to the 6th place, so I can imagine it will take quite a bit longer for even smaller leagues. Unless you manage 3 or 4 teams from the league at the same time. The biggest challenge in getting league rep up, is that the other teams are really dragging you down the first couple years, as they struggle to be successful in Europe. It will take them a couple of years to build up a squad that will even get them through in the later rounds of the Europa Cup.

I'm curious to see though how far I can get the DLR up by myself, but I think 6th is pretty much the end of the line, as all the leagues above me (spain, england, ...) are still very dominant in the later stages in europe, making it pretty much impossible to get past them.

That's a big let down. I started a save in the Slovenian second division and had dreams of Slovenian teams dominating the Champions League for years to come. Guess it'll take a bit longer than i thought. At least it is possible though. How far did you get in Europe to increase Belgium's reputation?

That's a bit disappointing... I thought it would be faster...

Anyways, how many leagues and intercontinental competitions did you win in the 10 seasons??

Also, Where can we check league reputation/ranking??

That's a bit disappointing... I thought it would be faster...

Anyways, how many leagues and intercontinental competitions did you win in the 10 seasons??

Also, Where can we check league reputation/ranking??

It's not dissapointing, its realistic.

Plus, English and Spanish competitions wouldn't be that high in the rankings if only one club was succesful in Europe, you will never take your competition to the top by yourself, at least 3 clubs must be at least in semi-finals of CL or Europa League every year for that to happen.

It's not dissapointing, its realistic.

Plus, English and Spanish competitions wouldn't be that high in the rankings if only one club was succesful in Europe, you will never take your competition to the top by yourself, at least 3 clubs must be at least in semi-finals of CL or Europa League every year for that to happen.

Maybe, maybe not. Come to think of it, within a span of 10 seasons, if a club goes on to win the CL say 5-7 times, there's a very good possibility other clubs in your league are becoming stronger too. In the Swiss Super League for e.g., teams like Zurich and Basel are no toddlers, and when there's a third team, say the Grasshoppers which rises to prominence with all these CL wins, Basel and Zurich will continue to attract talented players and remain at least as strong as before. Another great thing about this league is that their squad registration rules are very very lax, so they can easily hoard a lot of foreign talent from south america perhaps. Of course, we can't be confident about any of this happening, but it's definitely a possibility.

I think 10 seasons are good enough for a 3 star league to at least rise up to 4, and in the best case scenario (3-4 teams consistently reaching the last 8, and one consistently winning the CL) even 4.5 stars. Think, if Grasshoppers Club Zurich had won the CL 7 times since 2000, won't people be excited about the Swiss league right now. ;)

BTW, Where can we check the different league reputations/rankings??

Did you get more european places and did prize money increase etc? :)

Prize money for winning the league went up about 100%

Television money went up by about 100%

Sponsership went up.

European qualification places went up, but this has been standard for pretty much every FM version.

Most teams that benefit from this added income seem to invest it in stadiums / youth upgrades. I have not noticed a big increase of quality in their squads.

Archived