Come on seriously?

I'm a little confused.

Do people want SI to program the game to make it impossible for 3 players to get injured in a match? Thereby imposing a strict only 2 injuries per match policy? Doesn't sound ideal for a game thats generally geared towards realism.

Unless this is happening time and time again in which case I'd presume you have other examples.

The most I saw was 2 or 3 match three times in all my life watching football. One was a friendly match between PSG and Benfica, the second was Sporting CP in european competitions and third the iconic match of Reading VS Chelsea (other is the other way around?), where Cech was almost died and Coloccini after heavy crash with a Reading player, blackout.

Aside of that the top I see sometimes is one.

6 injuries in 3 games? Isn't there something wrong here? And my tackling is set to easy.

I think I'm missing something here. There are only 3 injuries in the first screen shot, and only 1 in the second. That's 4 injuries. It wouldn't exactly have to do with YOUR tackling, either. If your oppo is set to Tackle Hard, you may get more injuries. On top of that, if you're players are tired, over worked or over trained, they will be more susceptible to getting injured. Yes, I agree, it's bad luck. But honestly, look at teams in real life. Last season, Man Utd had to play 2 center mids in defense, because they were all out injured. Arsenal have injury problems constantly. As do many other teams. What you're seeing here is just bad luck, and nothing more.

Sorry.

i see this at london road at least once a season, we had 2 or 3 times in the space of a couple of months 3 or 4 seasons back as-well so it is more than possible, plus i cant remember who but a side came to london road either last year or the year before and had to make 2 subs in the first half hour and then had to make a 3rd at half time because of inuries so it is mre than possible

I think I'm missing something here. There are only 3 injuries in the first screen shot, and only 1 in the second. That's 4 injuries. It wouldn't exactly have to do with YOUR tackling, either. If your oppo is set to Tackle Hard, you may get more injuries. On top of that, if you're players are tired, over worked or over trained, they will be more susceptible to getting injured. Yes, I agree, it's bad luck. But honestly, look at teams in real life. Last season, Man Utd had to play 2 center mids in defense, because they were all out injured. Arsenal have injury problems constantly. As do many other teams. What you're seeing here is just bad luck, and nothing more.

Sorry.

And furthermore all the work done on all versions of FM up to and including FM10 (I'm guessing it's too early to do the number chrunching for this version) have shown that for both AI and player managed teams, that injuries occour with less frequency than they do in real life. It is a problem that SI have being trying to fix for a few years now.

I'm honestly failing to see the point of this thread. Injuries happen, sometimes more frequently. Deal with it and move on. In one of my FM10 careers I had 5 serious injuries in one match, and that was the only match with such an abundance of injuries I had in 20 seasons.

Setting your team to easy tackling doesn't necessarily fix or lower the probability of injuries. For all you know, the opposition may be playing with hard tackling and injuring your players. That's just one possibility.

I remember Villa playing Tottenham last year, and all 3 of our substitutions (Villa) were due to injuries. All of them due to challenged (innocent, and not in anyway malicious) from Tom Huddlestone. We also had James Collins limping for the last 15 minutes, because he also took a knock but we weren't able to make anymore subs. It happens.

6 injuries in 3 games? Isn't there something wrong here? And my tackling is set to easy.

What does your own teams tackling strength have to do with the amount of injuries that you get? Actually it does but the apposite to what you are implying is true.

If a player goes into a 50/50 and attempts to win the ball in a cautious manner then there is far more chance that he will get injured than if he goes into the 50/50 giving everything and with the mind set of winning rather than attempting a tackle in an easy manner. When people fanny out of challenges they often get injured as they are far more sept able to the force of the challenge from the opposition. So don't let your players have tackling set to easy, otherwise you are just asking for trouble. And why somebody would ever have a negative/easy mindset in any sport is beyond me.

Archived