Too many goals scored direct by wingers from wide out on the touchline?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean wingers scoring from long-shots from very wide? If so, I've yet to see any of these. I don't think I've even seen any mishit crosses go in, although a few have come close.

Almost all the goals I've seen wingers score have been when they've cut inside, particularly to meet crosses at the back post from the winger on the opposite flank.

have you got some footage of the goals in question?

my wingers get a reasonable amount of goals, positioned as AML and AMR set to play as inside forwards they get between the full back and the centre back from diagonal long balls, which seems realistic to me.

That happened in FM2010 for me to but in FM2011 I dont have that type of player in me squad at the moment to play that way. Hopefully in time I will build the team to play that way beacause it was a cracking tactic that I developed

I've seen quite a few miss-hit crosses fly into the goal in lower leagues (happened once so far on fm11 with Prestatyn), don't think I've ever seen it happen in the higher standard leagues.

Yes this is the kind of thing, commentary calls them mis-hits. Glad it seems like coincidence on my save games.

I'm playing with Woking atm and I'm getting quite used to 'Player X scores a complete fluke'.

Most of these are wingers mis-hitting crosses but its a quite even spread between my team and opponents. It's just more annoying when you concede one of these goals as it's definately not your tactics!

There are too many of these I think - I accept that it may be because the keepers aren't very good in the BSS but all the same I think the number needs toning down.

It's really annoying when you lose a game as a result of one of these 'freak goals' where somebody scores from the touchline 40 yards out. I'm not sure that the presence of this 'feature' in the match engine adds anything much at all to the game to be honest.

Edit: Just started a new save - had 2 pre-season friendlies. Of the three goals in total scored TWO have been 'flukes' of this type, one for me and one for the AI.

Realistic? I don't think so!

It only happens in very rare circumstances for me, since I've been at Stoke in 3 seasons I've seen Begovic (my keeper) concede 1 and Hlousek score 2, both just seemed like mis-hit crosses that drifted in at the far post though. Although Begovic did concede in a more Ronaldinho vs Seaman one in that it was a nothing ball from just off center from a wide man.

Archived