Game wont let me sign EPL players on a pre contract whilst managing a SPL Club

OK its January and I am managing Celtic.Saw that Craig Gordon and Darren Fletcher are out of contract in 6 months as well as a few players playing in Europe.Now cause the SPL is classed as a foreign league to the EPL I have always been able to go into the approach to sign command and at least make these players an offer to come to Celtic.I appreciate that once i get to the screen there agents are more than likely not even let me chat to these players as they probably wont want to come to the SPL but the game has not even got a approach to sign button against Gordon or Fletcher

Now in the new game it is not letting me make an offer to these 2 players yet Ronaldhino whose contract is out at the same time I am allowed to at least approach to sign

Is this a game fault or is there a new rule drawn up between the SPL and the EPL with regard pre contract approaches

Well I know the rule last year and also the one that was implemented in FM10 is that you can offer a pre contract agreement to any player in the world who has 6 months left in his contract apart from anyone playing in the country of the team you are managing

Therefore I could offer an EPL player a pre contract whilst Celtic and when I was Liverpool could offer a SPL player a pre contract.That was the rule in FM10 and in the real world as far as I was aware.Has that changed?

Archived