stick with fm10 or move onto fm11?

Just a debate really, i'm currently managing leeds in fm10 and although i have yet to win any silverware in my third season in the premier league i'm finding myself too attached to the game to find any real motivation to move onto fm11, however the flip side to this is i also want to try and move onto fm11. Soo would it be worth sticking fm10 out for a few months until fm 11 gets patched or should i just move to the other side of the fence with greener grass per say and dig out for fm 11?, of course the obvious advantage would be the new features and transfers and of course leeds already been in the championship, the downside would mean taking time away from a team who are currently knocking on the big four's door and the elusive champions league spot.

Stick to FM 2007 :)

...anyway, since game is playable only after 3rd patch year after year (sometimes not even after that), my playing time with new version is from february to february next year :)

Meanwhile I maybe just finish demo or one season, just to see what is new.

Stick to FM 2007 :)

...anyway, since game is playable only after 3rd patch year after year (sometimes not even after that), my playing time with new version is from february to february next year :)

Meanwhile I maybe just finish demo or one season, just to see what is new.

exactly what i do to me the games unplayable every release until february so i am gonna wait this time until february until i purchase fm2011 at the moment im playing on fm09 with my local team hucknall town i have taken them from conf north to the prem in ten years and i just finished 15th in my first prem season

also just been built my first ever stadium with a cap of 18k so im very much engrossed in this verion still.

i gave the demo 2hours and gave up due to nearly being blinded by the homepage!!

I like a lot of the new features in FM11. However, it's sometimes a little tricky to get immersed into a new game when there are new players, when you have to start with new tactics and training schedules, finding new player targets and staff. Then you discover there's one or two bugs and you've got to start afresh. I'll probably wait until patch 2 when the transfer bug is fixed.

I went back to my FM10 save yesterday and found that I still really enjoyed it.

exactly what i do to me the games unplayable every release until february so i am gonna wait this time until february until i purchase fm2011 at the moment im playing on fm09 with my local team hucknall town i have taken them from conf north to the prem in ten years and i just finished 15th in my first prem season

also just been built my first ever stadium with a cap of 18k so im very much engrossed in this verion still.

i gave the demo 2hours and gave up due to nearly being blinded by the homepage!!

Glynn - I've just got Mansfield promoted to the Premiership. I want to build a new stadium. However, there isn't an option in the board room talks. Do you have to wait to be offered a new stadium? Did it cost you much? I've got 5mil in the bank.

I have had my capacity increased from 9,000 to 12,500, but it's not really sustainable in the Premiership.

I went back to 2010 today, 2011 is an absolute mess just now, I might give it another bash once they actually fix it. Who are the game testers? How much do they get paid to pretend the game works properly?

The game isn't a mess, that is just an exaggerated and subjective opinion.

The transfer system is broke, and players become unhappy too easily at their clubs, but apart from this it's a better all round game than fM10(imo), and once the transfer system is sorted then it'll be a great game. But they need to fix it asap to be fair on the customers.

I just returned to FM2010... Too many bugs. First version since FM2005 (I don't count CM versions) I found very unplayable. Even the "old player being better and better" bug in FM2010 (Before patch 2) didn't bother me as much as the bugs of FM2011...

I'd go ahead and get FM11 if I were you, at least to try it out.

Yes, there are some issues with FM11, but they really aren't game-breaking. If I were in your spot, I would go ahead and get FM11, try it out, and then go back to FM10 if I didn't like it. While FM11 does need some fine-tuning, I haven't been so frustrated as to go back to FM10. Also, the simple solution to the transfer bug is to have one country on 'playable' and set the others to 'view only'- that's the setup in my Athletic Club save and the transfers are far less ridiculous.

Stick with whichever game you like. I have no problems with FM11, whatever quirks I've experience so far has not had any major impact on my enjoyment of the game. A minority of players always like to complain about something, some in more details than others, in the game.

The transfer system is broke, and players become unhappy too easily at their clubs, but apart from this it's a better all round game than fM10(imo), and once the transfer system is sorted then it'll be a great game. But they need to fix it asap to be fair on the customers.

Correct in everything you have written! I have gone back to 2010 till this is sorted. Have SI even acknowledged this as a problem?

It also strange how the match engine is not as solid at the start of each cycle compared to the last patch for the previous game

Glynn - I've just got Mansfield promoted to the Premiership. I want to build a new stadium. However, there isn't an option in the board room talks. Do you have to wait to be offered a new stadium? Did it cost you much? I've got 5mil in the bank.

I have had my capacity increased from 9,000 to 12,500, but it's not really sustainable in the Premiership.

hi andy sorry for the late reply iv'e been at work!! as regards stadium dont forget im on fm09 but there is no option for a new stadium.you just have to keep asking every season for an expansion then after about 10 seasons in my case also getting to the prem helped they built me a new one.

as regards finance think it's fairly irrelevant as i was minus a miliion pound and the board took out a £23 million loan with repayments of £250k per month until 2039! so good luck mate but imo you will get one very soon:)

Stick with FM10!!

First time I ever said this about a new version of FM.

FM11 is only cool if you like to lose the opposition having one chance and you missing chances all over. And this is garanteed for almost every match!

Also keeping your players from having long shots is a pain...

Lots of matches are yellow (somtimes red) cards galore...

The stats of the players aren't as fun as before anymore...

In my first season I had 8 injuries in my frist team where the duration was longer than 3 months... (the amount of injuries were ok, but the duration was excessive...)

Keeping players happy and motivated has become really annoying, this takes away the fun. But that's my opninion...

I say stick with FM10 as well - I know I am, though I've bought FM11.

The bugs are too severe for me to enjoy the game. Just to name a few:

Players get very unhappy very easily - extremely unrealistic. Almost a game breaker.

It's way too easy to get great players on free transfers. At least in the Danish league. It seems as though the AI teams have problems renewing contracts.

Insanely greedy agents (maybe not a bug, but annoying nonetheless).

Dialogue with players feels very limited and needs quite an overhaul.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion. Still, my advice is to stick with FM10 until 11.2 or 11.3 is out.

For FM10 I waited until last January...think I'm gonna do the same again and wait until end of this January coming up before getting the new game.

Was so pleased to start a full game with it as bugfree as possible and could also start a long term save right away. Just started a new career save again and am at Wycombe in 2nd season with just an update for transfers from this summer at the start of the game.

I do get a bit envious of all the new features (I haven't even been tempted to use the demo yet) but I prefer lengthy games and the new version of FM seem to have too many bugs to do this. Plus...it will be cheaper when I buy it in January!

hi andy sorry for the late reply iv'e been at work!! as regards stadium dont forget im on fm09 but there is no option for a new stadium.you just have to keep asking every season for an expansion then after about 10 seasons in my case also getting to the prem helped they built me a new one.

as regards finance think it's fairly irrelevant as i was minus a miliion pound and the board took out a £23 million loan with repayments of £250k per month until 2039! so good luck mate but imo you will get one very soon:)

Excellent stuff. Thanks Glynn.

They're extending it by another 2,500 to take it to 15,000. It's quite pricey extending. I'd rather they just re-built. Maybe after a couple of years in the Premiership.

Thanks well i've decided to take the risk and plunge and purchase fm11, so far i'm finding it too be enjoyable, havent run into any noticable bugs apart from player happyness and it does seem smoother than fm10, i did try to play an hours fm10 and found it to be slightly less enjoyable than i did originally.

Thanks well i've decided to take the risk and plunge and purchase fm11, so far i'm finding it too be enjoyable, havent run into any noticable bugs apart from player happyness and it does seem smoother than fm10, i did try to play an hours fm10 and found it to be slightly less enjoyable than i did originally.

Play a couple of seasons and you will see the full extent of the transfer problem

FM 11 has it's highs and lows like any game, but it's the first fm where i feel i can't play the way i want too.

all the other fm's have been hard upon release, getting into a new tactical system and working out how to win is why i play. But this is the first iteration where the game (in its current state) feels fundamentally broke opposed to just my lack of skills.

I must admit, i am bitterly disappointed with this years effort after fm 10.3 was so enjoyable.

For FM10 I waited until last January...think I'm gonna do the same again and wait until end of this January coming up before getting the new game.

Was so pleased to start a full game with it as bugfree as possible and could also start a long term save right away. Just started a new career save again and am at Wycombe in 2nd season with just an update for transfers from this summer at the start of the game.

I do get a bit envious of all the new features (I haven't even been tempted to use the demo yet) but I prefer lengthy games and the new version of FM seem to have too many bugs to do this. Plus...it will be cheaper when I buy it in January!

whs^^^^^:)

All the people that complain, are just bad managers, ok i know the 1on1's are flawed... but come on.. the transfers aren't that flawed, the first season its hard to sell players, simply cause alot of clubs have big debts etc.

See this as a challenge. The game will get better

Excellent summation of the game at the moment. Wait until next patch, if I wasn't so lazy I'd reinstall 10 and wait until 11.2

For the first time ever after years and years buying CM and then FM I think my process will now be only to buy the new game once the .3 patch has been released.

The need for SI to introduce new features to attract new buyers of the game is getting very tedious as the new features invariably are poorly tested and have such a knock on effect in the game that it makes it a much poorer playing experience (for me).

Archived