Do what I tell you!!

Kan

Still not happy with the way players just don't do what you ask them to - am I not the manager? Isn't this what the game is about?

Got a player who 'argues with officials' - so I ask him to stop. He says 'I don't think this will benefit my game'

Ok, firstly, what kind of response is that? Secondly, how is that going to benefit his game?

Thirdly and most importantly, what kind of answer is that to give to your boss? I ask you to do something, get on with it and do it! And when I stress that I'm the boss I know best, he says 'nah, meeting over' and walks out.

This has been there for ages now - can't we have existing stuff properly working before we get new features? I'm sure loads of people have commented/complained about this in the past so why is it still working like this?

IRL, try saying to Moanaldo, Rooney, Ibrahimovic or the like to change their game and "I?m your boss, just get on with it and do it!"

This is actually very well implemented, and if they always did what you asked it would NOT be implemented properly. PArt of a manager's job is to deal with some of the spoiled prima donnas in the game.

Yeah, but to the point of saying 'even though you've asked me not to, I'm going to continue to argue with officials' - which means that he doesn't care about the club as a whole and will continue to risk getting booked or sent off affecting our results.

I reckon unrealistic. Would be useful to gauge opinion from SI on what research they've undertaken with real players/managers on this - or even from any players out there who are on the forums who've been in this situation.

Perhaps could be rephrased better. Maybe the player is being too honest.

Most probably, somebody like the kind of player I'm telling you would tell the manager "yeah, sure, whatever" then ignore the adive. But if SI implemented it like that, the cries of "BUG!!!! BUG!!!!" would probably deafen half the studio.

That part is working fine if you ask me. maybe could use a bit of fine tuning, but definetly no "make the player do what the manager tells him to always"

I don't think the problem is with them saying no to something. I think the problem is that we can't do anything about it, why can't we discipline a player for it?

I can't imagine many players would get away with telling Mourinho or Ferguson that they won't do something they asked them to.

Yeah, but to the point of saying 'even though you've asked me not to, I'm going to continue to argue with officials' - which means that he doesn't care about the club as a whole and will continue to risk getting booked or sent off affecting our results.

I reckon unrealistic. Would be useful to gauge opinion from SI on what research they've undertaken with real players/managers on this - or even from any players out there who are on the forums who've been in this situation.

but if a player thinks they benefit from arguing with officials then why would they want to change? If they feel that it puts pressure on the referee and from time to time that can influence decisions then surely its unrealistic for them to want to stop something that they prefer to do.

Imagine Ottmar Hitzfeld asking Stefan Effenberg to stop arguing with officials. No way he wouild do it. As Roy Keane wouldn't had even if asked by Fergie. It's all the matter of personality and temper.

Bruce: Lee you really need to tone down your tackling, stay on your feet once you've got a yellow. Your constant dismissals are costing us points.

Cattermole: La, La, La, can't hear you, can't hear you.

- At least you don't get that kind of response in FM.

Ridiculous. If I'm the player, I'll tell you to bugger off. You don't pay my wages.

no but the manager is the one that picks you each week and probably brought you to the club thats paying those huge wages...... i personally think that this should be looked as, as others have said, if fergie asked a player to do something and they didnt even give it a try, how long honestly do you think that player would still be at Utd for? not long i'd bet...

what id like to see is the player at least TRY to do what you want them to, if they try and fail then fair play, at least they have tried rather than just telling you to "bugger off"

its a bit different to a normal job though isn't it? Even though clubs employ players some players know how much they mean to a club and exercise that power.

Yeah in some cases the club fines the player for unprofessional behaviour.

Bruce: Lee you really need to tone down your tackling, stay on your feet once you've got a yellow. Your constant dismissals are costing us points.

Cattermole: La, La, La, can't hear you, can't hear you.

- At least you don't get that kind of response in FM.

As a matter of respect players should at least give a response such as

"I'll try" or "I'm not sure if I'll be able to but I'll give it a go", even if it doesnt work out in the end

I cant see Catermole storming out of Bruce's office staying "I can't believe me he asked me to stop diving into tackles"

yes you can. you can send him to reserves and even inform him its because of his behaviour and unprofessionalism. obviously you'll get into trouble with him and probably he will want to leave the club if he is considered first team player.

Does the player understand why he's being punished though? I know in previous versions we couldn't actually punish players for this particular thing. Sure, you could drop him to the reserves but it would be in vein because he wouldn't understand why.

well, im not sure how far SI went "under the hub" but you have the option to tell him it is because of his behaviour or something like that. whether "he" understands it's because of recent dispute with you or not, well i guess SI guys should know.

Well, that's my point. If the player doesn't get it, then you're only shooting yourself in the foot.

no but the manager is the one that picks you each week and probably brought you to the club thats paying those huge wages...... i personally think that this should be looked as, as others have said, if fergie asked a player to do something and they didnt even give it a try, how long honestly do you think that player would still be at Utd for? not long i'd bet...

what id like to see is the player at least TRY to do what you want them to, if they try and fail then fair play, at least they have tried rather than just telling you to "bugger off"

But you see, if I think arguing with the referee puts pressure on him and gets the 50-50 deicisions to go our way, I don't feel stopping it will benefit my game, you don't accept my straight answer and shout at me to "Do what I tell you!", I'll definitely tell you to bugger off.

Arguing is really a bad example of this... it shouldn't be a PPM it should be a hidden stat.

What gets me is when you ask a striker with 18 pace to try and beat the off-side trap and they say it wouldn't help their play. Please how could it not help.

Just a matter of stubborn players that are not team oriented, but it's really annoying how dumb it really looks for a player to say no to obvious enhancements.

Arguing is really a bad example of this... it shouldn't be a PPM it should be a hidden stat.

What gets me is when you ask a striker with 18 pace to try and beat the off-side trap and they say it wouldn't help their play. Please how could it not help.

Just a matter of stubborn players that are not team oriented, but it's really annoying how dumb it really looks for a player to say no to obvious enhancements.

if a player doesn't have good anticipation they'll just be caught offside all the time.

I don't think the problem is with them saying no to something. I think the problem is that we can't do anything about it, why can't we discipline a player for it?

I can't imagine many players would get away with telling Mourinho or Ferguson that they won't do something they asked them to.

Nail on the head.

We can't do anything about it. It just baffles my why SI don't fix these kind of things.

Archived