Ridiculous implementation of the transfer market renders this game unplayable.

Transfer system in this game is ridiculous I have picked up balotelli, llorente, edin dzeko and jack wilshere for a combined sum of about 27 million

SI have messed up big time with this feature and have looked at it completely the wrong way.

They have started from a supposition that the transfer market is not very active and forced this into the game in an illogical manner that doesnt take account of clubs situations in the game. For example as Liverpool I have relatively low debt which means that at the start of each season I have a fairly large transfer kitty and I then buy players based on whether I think they will improve by squad now or in the future and the amount of money I can spend. I get the feeling that the AI have had an artificial restriction imposed on them that states that even if a player is affordable and would improve a squad the AI still doesnt buy because 'the transfer market is depressed.' Its ludicrous.

Transfer decisions should be made on the conditions within the game and if a club has the funds to buy a player that would improve their squad at a price that is reasonable then they should buy them. I cant understand why I can afford to sign good players each close season yet the AI clubs seemingly have no interest in good players of mine that would improve their squad.

SI should stop trying to replicate real world conditions within the transfer market and instead focus on making a transfer market that is challenging yet rewarding and enjoyable within the game.

In addition the fact that there are so many top class players available for knockdown prices is also ridiculous

Very poor effort and makes the game almost pointless.

Transfer system in this game is ridiculous I have picked up balotelli, llorente, edin dzeko and jack wilshere for a combined sum of about 27 million

SI have messed up big time with this feature and have looked at it completely the wrong way.

They have started from a supposition that the transfer market is not very active and forced this into the game in an illogical manner that doesnt take account of clubs situations in the game. For example as Liverpool I have relatively low debt which means that at the start of each season I have a fairly large transfer kitty and I then buy players based on whether I think they will improve by squad now or in the future and the amount of money I can spend. I get the feeling that the AI have had an artificial restriction imposed on them that states that even if a player is affordable and would improve a squad the AI still doesnt buy because 'the transfer market is depressed.' Its ludicrous.

Transfer decisions should be made on the conditions within the game and if a club has the funds to buy a player that would improve their squad at a price that is reasonable then they should buy them. I cant understand why I can afford to sign good players each close season yet the AI clubs seemingly have no interest in good players of mine that would improve their squad.

SI should stop trying to replicate real world conditions within the transfer market and instead focus on making a transfer market that is challenging yet rewarding and enjoyable within the game.

Very poor effort and makes the game almost pointless.

Its your tactics!!! Sorry a very bad joke indeed. When i played the demo of this game i was very very happy that finally SI managed to get it almost right the first time around for nearly four years. However this is the first time since FM 2005 (my first FM game) that installing a patch has completely ruined the game. The simple fact here is that it is increasingly looking as if a very superficial testing was done for the patch just because SI wanted to release it on the day that the game was available. How can i say this? Because the glaring interface bugs, problems with the three European leagues, the almost senile transfer module and some serious ME problems would have been noticed if any amount of "real" testing was done for the patch.

People defending SI/FM no matter what will come up with a number of excuses and indeed examples of solitary incidents which occurred long time ago. They point out the fact that no games are released in the market without any bugs. They also point out to the fact that SI are one of the best consumer friendly games developer out there. And here in lies the main problem. The current SI are finding it difficult to live up to the expectations raised by the past SI (if you get the gist of what i am trying to explain :p) There are only two reasons for this to happen, either the game has (admittedly) gotten more complex or SI has become complacent about their supremacy in the footie sim market.

If its the former, then SI should make sure that they do not introduce any features just for the sake of it and without making sure that it works all fine. But if its the latter, then SI should simply look at Konami. Just three years ago PES was the preferred football game over FIFA but EA have quickly closed down the gap and now it is FIFA that is gaining all the great reviews and is arguably the better game compared to PES and not just because it features all the licensed teams. I just wish that EA would start to take the footie sim market more seriously just so that SI would then have to work hard to produce a better game

FM 2011 is a joke tbh. I am not sure if SI did test their own game before releasing, first there were bugs like the French players' club match bans and Spanish card rules, which should easily have been picked up if they did do any sort of testing on their own game. Okay, they did come out with a save-game hotfix quickly which we must credit, but that doesn't take away the fact that these bugs should have been picked up during the testing phase and not AFTER release.

Crossing in the match engine is also bugged to a certain extent. Half my goals are from my players who slide in and score because the AI defender watched as the ball flew past him and then did nothing even when he could have cleared the ball easily. So what if I scored and won the match? Doesn't give me any sense of satisfaction. There are some very stupid decisions being made in the match engine. It almost looks as if SI cannot emulate real football, so they have to resort to "players making stupid errors" so it can result in a goal. Like I said, players are watching the ball too much instead of doing anything.

Did I also mention that the keeper is far too poor even at the near post? Keeper should have the advantage when covering the near post, and yet my players have scored countless times at the near post, beating the keeper. Frankly I don't know how they did it, it is quite difficult and I can't see very clearly from the match engine, it seems glossed over to cover this defect. There are also many times when my ball hits the AI keeper at his near post who deflects it into his own net. Possible yes, but if you ask me most balls would bounce off the keeper rather than into his own net IRL.

Transfer system is making this game unplayable, but I won't go into too much detail since it has already been extensively covered by you.

SI is overselling their new features, which frankly, besides the dynamic league reputation, are not that impressive to me. Media coverage is still repetitive, some replies don't make any sense, player conversations are bugged, you can easily make your players love you even when you're kicking them into the reserves and selling them as soon as you can. Young 17 year olds signed for the future get angry because they are put into the reserve team.

This game has great potential, but if you ask me, SI has been blinded by their own success, who is starting to take the popularity of their own game for granted. It's a shame. Some bugs are not fixed year after year, I still cannot ask my Ass Man to do team talks for my subs. I only hope the next patch really sorts these issues out.

God I hate coming on here and moaning... but I almost gave up on FM2011 with the whole Spanish yellow cards bug. Now I have finally given up with this transfer bug, just so bored of the game thanks to this. Halfway through 2011, Man City just offered me Carlos Tevez for £12 million... his market value is £21 million. I couldn't even bring myself to buy him because it felt like cheating. I rejected it, and I assume no other club wants him for £12 million either as a week later I'm still the only team interested in him, despite him being transfer listed by request. The same happened with Balotelli during the summer, and a lot of other players on my shortlist. I managed to spend £35 million and overnight turn Liverpool into a team guaranteed to win the title. You can't even say that it's not unplayable because the AI has equal opportunity to buy these star players at knock-down prices... because on my game the big teams are only interested in signing has-beens for next-to nothing.

I need to feel like the game is a challenge, with this bug it's hard not to win everything. Real Madrid are currently in the process of dismantling their team on my save and replacing them with players over 30 for £3 million a piece. I mean, come on lol.

Well yeah that's all well and good but it's not bloody realistic is it?

People who defend this game go from "it's realistic, accept the bug" to "it's only a game, give it a break" when it suits their defence arguments.

They are quite sad.

Just saw in the transfer bug thread Real offered Ronaldo to Barcelona for 40m....

Dear lord...

The transfer bug is the only bug thats made me unable to play this game in its history, i thought the spanish bug was a pretty serious one but it was easy to play on avoiding the spanish league in hope that a quick save game compatible patch would be released (which was the case so thank you SI).

But this transfer bug imo aswell as others is seriously the biggest showstopper of them all which is very dissapointing.

This is not a very constructive post by all means but i guess its within my consumer rights to point out how very unhappy iam with this issue.

I trust SI is looking into this and i hope that another hotfix patch will be released asap.

Guys i share your frustration, it is ineed abit shambolic, but SI ARE looking into this issue, and any changes will be save compatible, according to one

Neil Brock. We can hope that it will be redeemed before X-mas, but i think that there are about ten million threads on this subject

already, and whining won't make a patch come any sooner. They're sorting it out, as they should be.

I just don't exploit the bug, simple as. Because buying Tevez for £10 mill is tantamount to cheating, even if it is not you're fault. Like the corner bug last time.

Ithink the only problem here is players getting too unhappy+Wanting to leave for piddly reasons+players being sold at market price+not being able to sell your players. I think this can be sorted out with a bit of tinkering on SI's part.

My only real problem with the current system is that players are offered out for their values, which are too cheap. I could get David Silva off Man City for £8m in january first season. Now, they are playing badly and are 13th, so I understand he'd be unhappy (he also hasn't been getting games). But even if the game values him at £8m, Man City should ask for atleast what they paid for him. I don't mind the frequency with which players get unhappy, as long as they can become happy again, in fact I think it's quite realistic if you believe any of the papers. I just wish the clubs would ask for a decent price, not just the value the game gives them which is, imo, often too low.

I think the AI is just a bit outdated and unable to handle all the variables. I'm hoping SI spend a lot of time fleshing it out for FM2012 and make it able to (a) handle every game mechanic properly and (b) pose more of a long term challenge to the player, with more ambitious squad building etc.

theres nothing rong with the transfers it the fact players are little girls like when you ask them to do something they never do it just say i better leave before i say something i regret it seems to be the end of near enough every conversation you have with the players and they get unhappy very easy and and want to leave like when i had a search on the transfer list the names were a joke people like carlos tevez robinho in there

theres nothing rong with the transfers it the fact players are little girls like when you ask them to do something they never do it just say i better leave before i say something i regret it seems to be the end of near enough every conversation you have with the players and they get unhappy very easy and and want to leave like when i had a search on the transfer list the names were a joke people like carlos tevez robinho in there

No you are dead wrong, its the fact that when they are unhappy they are then offered out for very low prices

Like I said in other posts, SI is facing a great problem. For too long they concentrated on a big massive overcomplicated match engine (which still has a lot of problems). Thus, they spent little time in serious aspects of football management, instead they would add a "feature" every now and then that is hopeless (player interaction for example) both in its depth and execution, regardless of having a huge effect.

When a few years ago I was proposing a FULL re-built of the game, the army of fanboys were deafening each other with their screams. The need for it is now more pressing than ever. ALL aspects of the manager's life, besides the match itself, are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unrealistic. They must either be removed or completely redeveloped.

Edit: In the redevelopment please include opponent manager's AI, both during a game but also in general. It is very poor. Thank you.

Archived