I didn't get any youth players...

I signed mid-season with Droyslden (or however it's spelt), in Blue Square North after starting unemployed. I was a bit surprised to see that they didn't have any youth coaches, and no youth team - the reserve and U18 squads were there, but there were no players on youth contracts (so U18 was entirely fake/grey players).

I thought I might get some youth players coming in over the 2011 season break, but that entire period from the end of 10/11 to the start of 11/12 came and went - no youth players appeared. Other teams in BSN seem to have got them. Anyone know why I didn't? Is it the lack of a youth coach that was the issue, and does hiring one fix this?

Did you start your game in England in January 2011 by selecting another league which starts later like Russia or Brazil. If you did this you have to wait until the end of your first FULL season to get newgens.

Nope. Start date was definitely England, but I was unemployed for the first few months of 2010-11 - when I got the job offer to join Droylsden, they had no youth coach and no youth players - first time I'd ever seen that.

I'll play through a full season, hopefully it changes - I have hired a youth coach after not getting the newgens, but not sure it will make a difference. I'll find out, I guess.

Droylsden has set -1 for youth academy and youth setup in the database. With that setup the game does not generate any youths for the club until you have improved your youth setup.

You can check this at the start of the game in the facility tab. If there is no youth setup and no youth academy the club does not produce any youth players.

Droylsden has set -1 for youth academy and youth setup in the database. With that setup the game does not generate any youths for the club until you have improved your youth setup.

You can check this at the start of the game in the facility tab. If there is no youth setup and no youth academy the club does not produce any youth players.

exactly.

I'd have a word with the board to get some youth facilities installed asap, if you can afford it that is.

Archived