Buy and Download from Amazon.com ??

Hello,

Just curious if anybody bought and downloaded the FM2011 game from Amazon. I have never bought any downloaded games from them before so not sure what scheme they use. Do they use the ByteShield protection that everyone is having issues with? If not, what do they use? Has anybody any general experience with downloading from them they can share?

Thanks!

I didn't know Amazon did a direct to drive version of games. Is this outside the UK?

It is probable that any downloaded copy not purchased from Steam would require authorisation using the same methods. I haven't used any but I presume that would be Byteshield.

Yes, looks like only available from US. Its about $5 cheaper than other downloads, not that big of deal, but still something. However, if it has the ByteShield protection, not sure I want to take that chance so I would likely go with Steam since there doesn't seem like any better options.

Yes, looks like only available from US. Its about $5 cheaper than other downloads, not that big of deal, but still something. However, if it has the ByteShield protection, not sure I want to take that chance so I would likely go with Steam since there doesn't seem like any better options.

You may have heard horror stories about Steam, but please don't listen to them. I have rarely had a problem with Steam in the years I have been using it, just a few log in issues when I first joined up a couple of years ago. It always runs smooth, I've had no problems with purchases (bit slow to acknowledge receipt once...that's once from a couple of dozen purchases) and has never slowed down my PC. It may be a little more expensive on some occaisons but it more than makes up for that in availablilty and convenience as well as the no need to patch.

If you want to download the game, and don't want the possible trouble of Byteshield, then you would be making a good move to go down the Steam route. Call it a personal recommendation...and I don't work for Valve. :)

You may have heard horror stories about Steam, but please don't listen to them. I have rarely had a problem with Steam in the years I have been using it, just a few log in issues when I first joined up a couple of years ago. It always runs smooth, I've had no problems with purchases (bit slow to acknowledge receipt once...that's once from a couple of dozen purchases) and has never slowed down my PC. It may be a little more expensive on some occaisons but it more than makes up for that in availablilty and convenience as well as the no need to patch.

If you want to download the game, and don't want the possible trouble of Byteshield, then you would be making a good move to go down the Steam route. Call it a personal recommendation...and I don't work for Valve. :)

I actually don't have any major issues with Steam, I own several games from them and have rarely, if ever, had an issue. There was only two reasons I was exploring other options. First, possibly saving a few bucks. Second, I prefer download sites where I can download the setup files and don't have to forever be attached to the online provider. If I ever have to reinstall, I can just install the setup files, versus redownloading. Again, not a major deal and I will likely end up ordering from Steam since I don't believe any of the other options meet my desires either.

Archived