Best season ever!!

Just finished my first season (with chelsea) went the whole of the season unbeaten until my last game (because i put a young team out), i also wont every cup except the Community shield at the begining of the season and havnt made any serious changes to my team, also found that im 7th on hall of fame icon_eek.gif (just after 1 season!!!) wow! pretty happy.

Im just woundering if anyone else has achieved as much as me so far?

il be happy to find out?

icon14.gif

Just finished my first season (with chelsea) went the whole of the season unbeaten until my last game (because i put a young team out), i also wont every cup except the Community shield at the begining of the season and havnt made any serious changes to my team, also found that im 7th on hall of fame icon_eek.gif (just after 1 season!!!) wow! pretty happy.

Im just woundering if anyone else has achieved as much as me so far?

il be happy to find out?

icon14.gif

I am a Derby fan, I started my game as Derby and I am 8 odd seasons in with 1 UEFA Cup, 5 Champions League Titles, 5 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cup titles, 1 FA Cup runner up and currently 0 Carling Cups. Just like Derby will be in 8 years!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Must be hard winning games with Chelsea icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think there's an ape somewhere that acheived something similar with a near unlimited transfer and wage budget.

Try it with Derby, then return for your kudos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon14.gif

Some guy...'s achievement is far far better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

I am a Derby fan, I started my game as Derby and I am 8 odd seasons in with 1 UEFA Cup, 5 Champions League Titles, 5 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cup titles, 1 FA Cup runner up and currently 0 Carling Cups. Just like Derby will be in 8 years! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT's an acheivement. Well done, mate.

When I get bored of my current game I plan on taking Derby to untold riches.

I'm playing as Chelsea at the minute but under strict rules - no signing over the age of 18, unless a direct replacement for a player sold by my chairman.

Trying to see how good a team I can develop using their millions, but it's a bit easy to win things. Getting harder now Lampard can't run or pass any more (2013) and my kids are starting to mature (German newgen with 24 goals in 13 reserve team games; 3 goals in 4 sub appearances, aged 18).

I know I had a dig at the OP, but I don't find my achievements anything to shout about. Not including Community Shield, World Club Champs, etc, I won the treble in first year, double second, treble third, quadruple fourth, struggled fifth (two cups, 2nd in League as best players start to age), and now unbeaten at Christmas, 9 points clear, still in all cups.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

I am a Derby fan, I started my game as Derby and I am 8 odd seasons in with 1 UEFA Cup, 5 Champions League Titles, 5 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cup titles, 1 FA Cup runner up and currently 0 Carling Cups. Just like Derby will be in 8 years! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats good icon14.gif maybe after a few seasons with chelsea i might consider taking over at derby/birmingham and see how good i can do with them

I still have a problem that I don't have the untold riches of the wasteful Arsenal side in my game. So whilst they are spending £50 million of Samir Nasri I'm signing Matias Fernandez, Mario Gomez, Juanfran, Van der Vaart and such on free transfers... That's the only reason I've been able to put together a team.

I still have a problem that I don't have the untold riches of the wasteful Arsenal side in my game. So whilst they are spending £50 million of Samir Nasri I'm signing Matias Fernandez, Mario Gomez, Juanfran, Van der Vaart and such on free transfers... That's the only reason I've been able to put together a team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you get all of those players for a free transfer?? is it because their out of contract when you go for them??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Must be hard winning games with Chelsea icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think there's an ape somewhere that acheived something similar with a near unlimited transfer and wage budget.

Try it with Derby, then return for your kudos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon14.gif

Some guy...'s achievement is far far better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it is better, thats because hes been with them for 8 seasons or something, i wont all of the cups in my FIRST season with this game, the only players i bought were 3 players which were 19,18 and a 15 year old icon_cool.gif

I've taken Ross County from The Scottish Second Divison to the Premier League.

When i got there i was 3rd in my first season, behind the Old Firm of course, which meant i qualified for the Uefa Cup the next Season.

Incredibly(at least i think so icon_wink.gif ) I won the LEague and Uefa cup with a few decent Bosmans and loan signings and was awarded with a new Stadium named after me.

Im now in my 3rd Season in the Premier League, currently topping it by 5 points in December and im 2nd in my Champions League group behind Bacra but ahead of Lyon and Juventus.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dazelb:

Yeah it is better, thats because hes been with them for 8 seasons or something, i wont all of the cups in my FIRST season with this game, the only players i bought were 3 players which were 19,18 and a 15 year old icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only made three signings because you were Chelsea and already had all the players there for you. Sorry I don't want to be rude but yours isn't really an achievement because to not win everything with one of the top teams is pretty much a failure, you've only done what was expected.

They were just there, waiting to be signed basically. When I signed Van der Vaart I was 7th coming off an amazing season led by Johnson, Elano, Makoun and the king himself Arturo Vidal! I'm not sure why he had any intention of coming to Derby, but hey I wasn't complaining.

In the game Forest have made it back to the Premier, just to get relegated bottom twice (hahaha). Sadly Leicester are back too, yet I'm glad Leeds and Stoke haven't made it back. Infact, sadly Leicester are the greatest sucess story from the Championship, they are currently in 7th and last season they came 7th too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm playing as Chelsea at the minute but under strict rules - no signing over the age of 18 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How exactly do you manage to do this when Abramovich always demands big name signings and if you don't sign them then he goes and does it.

Haven't played as chelsea in the 8.0.2 patch so has Abramovich become less ambitious and demanding or have you edited his stats?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dazelb:

Yeah it is better, thats because hes been with them for 8 seasons or something, i wont all of the cups in my FIRST season with this game, the only players i bought were 3 players which were 19,18 and a 15 year old icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only made three signings because you were Chelsea and already had all the players there for you. Sorry I don't want to be rude but yours isn't really an achievement because to not win everything with one of the top teams is pretty much a failure, you've only done what was expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i totaly understand where you coming from, but normally in someones first season they dont go all season unbeaten, it is something do with the tactics but i think im guna go for a lower league team for a bigger challenge i think icon14.gif any ideas to what team??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adammacleod:

I've taken Ross County from The Scottish Second Divison to the Premier League.

When i got there i was 3rd in my first season, behind the Old Firm of course, which meant i qualified for the Uefa Cup the next Season.

Incredibly(at least i think so icon_wink.gif ) I won the LEague and Uefa cup with a few decent Bosmans and loan signings and was awarded with a new Stadium named after me.

Im now in my 3rd Season in the Premier League, currently topping it by 5 points in December and im 2nd in my Champions League group behind Bacra but ahead of Lyon and Juventus.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good work mate icon14.gif i think thats an achievment icon_wink.gif any ideas to what lower team i could take control of for a big challenge??

Speaking of best seasons ever, I am having a truly rediculous season right now. I'm 76 from 26 matches, GD of +48 with 57 goals scored and 9 conceded. In the final of the League Cup, next stage of the Champions League. Andy Carroll has 32 in 43 appearences with some 18 assists and Fernandez has 28 in 41 with 11 assists. I have an 18 point buffer in first with 12 matches left... Woah... Too bad my average age is 28 and the team is about to have to be rebuilt.

Speaking of best seasons ever, I am having a truly rediculous season right now. I'm 76 from 26 matches, GD of +48 with 57 goals scored and 9 conceded. In the final of the League Cup, next stage of the Champions League. Andy Carroll has 32 in 43 appearences with some 18 assists and Fernandez has 28 in 41 with 11 assists. I have an 18 point buffer in first with 12 matches left... Woah... Too bad my average age is 28 and the team is about to have to be rebuilt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rebuilding the team part sounds like more fun to me than the winning every game part.

It will be... This happened last season for a bit, then a rediculous late penalty against Man U recorded my first loss of the season and then the team kind of... uhh... collapsed for 10 matches. But I got them back on track, with an axe. Juanfran, Van der Vaart and Eddie Johnson lost their first team places now permanenty. Juanfran I managed to get £1.5 million from this summer with only 6 months on his contract, Van der Vaarts out on loan in Germany, I have no intention on bringing him back, and good ol' Eddie is about to be sold to whoever wants him... I hoped to get rid of him before the beginning of the season, but since I axed him, nobody wanted him... Their replacements have been Lenny, Diego and Lupoli. But this season Diego has been getting a bit old and so I've had to move Fernandez to CAM instead and so now I've had to bring in another good LM (Adu, £9 million...) and now Mascherano is going to be getting a bit old too... Then in a few seasons Veloso, Skrtel, Davies... Ugh!!! My stack of cards!

Fiorentina are enough of a challenge for me - two seasons in a row we've been no match for Inter and Roma whilst 1st season Juventus just edged us for 3rd and last season Juve easily finished 3rd and AC Milan edged us for 4th.

I now believe I have the players capable of winning Serie A, but I as the manager am now the limiting factor and I don't believe I have what it takes to get the tactics right to win it. We are superb going forward (albeit still with the odd bad day when we create next to nothing), but we ship goals for fun and I'm no good at getting defensive tactics right. I have no wish to visit T&T forum though to find a match engine beating defensive tactic - I'm a Keegan'esque manager and I want to manage within my own flaws - time will tell if we get any closer this year, but if we do I'll be happy with teh achievement despite Fiorentina being a fairly big club to start with!

leeds united, in six seasons i managed league one title, championship title and three premiership titles as well as two champo league titles and one uefa cup with four fa cup titles. I was loved by all and continously turned down the england managers job after capello was sacked! sacked! Didnt spend big either the biggest i spent on one player was 15mil so its all good

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

I think there's an ape somewhere that acheived something similar with a near unlimited transfer and wage budget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! Congarts on the seaosn either way mate, just a bit easy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">leeds united, in six seasons i managed league one title, championship title and three premiership titles as well as two champo league titles and one uefa cup with four fa cup titles. I was loved by all and continously turned down the england managers job after capello was sacked! sacked! Didnt spend big either the biggest i spent on one player was 15mil so its all good

Ignored post by Lewe - Young Wenger posted 02 May 2008 09:31 Show Post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well, nothing's a success if you support/manage Leeds. I need to shower after watching the team play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">leeds united, in six seasons i managed league one title, championship title and three premiership titles as well as two champo league titles and one uefa cup with four fa cup titles. I was loved by all and continously turned down the england managers job after capello was sacked! sacked! Didnt spend big either the biggest i spent on one player was 15mil so its all good

Ignored post by Lewe - Young Wenger posted 02 May 2008 09:31 Show Post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well, nothing's a success if you support/manage Leeds. I need to shower after watching the team play.

I have taken AFC Wimbleon from the Conference South to Premiership Champions by 2040.(via Birmingham, Everton and Norwich (5 times champions league winners and 8 times Premiership winners)).

Not meaning to brag!

Archived