Scout Report: concentrate on stopping opposition strikers recieving balls to feet?!

Force the opposition into long balls and playing it in the air perhaps? Close down their players, especially their playmaker, and just try to block off their routes to the striker. Perhaps tight marking could give them less time or space to control the ball, or an anchorman or covering player could be used to intercept balls - I don't know for sure though.

As the title says my scout reports give me this feedback alot, can people please tell me their opinion on how to achieve this against different types of strikers? Thanks for any feedback. :confused:

Closing down - "often" on one of your CBs and set him to Stopper. Closing down often on your fullbacks will also help. Set the other centre-back to "Cover".

If you continue to have trouble, play an Anchor Man in DMC with closing down often, and specific tight marking on the oppositions Deep Lying Forward.

Or, an even better idea, try to impose your own play on the opposition via your own attacking football instead of trying to plug the holes the scouts are reporting, because you run the danger of overcomplicating the game. For example, even if you did stop the ball going in to feet, you then run the risk of the long ball over the top for a quick striker.

Archived