Conversations going forward...

Just wanted to gauge the general consensus from the community of how the player conversations could be improved upon and added to in future versions.

I think its a brilliant new feature and even tho it is fundamentaly what we had before (player interactions etc) put into a new format, i feel its a great addition and a very enjoyable one, and certainly has added to the immersion to the game for me.

From playing a season and a half so far, some of my suggestions would be:

> Extra options to pick up morale, for example a striker on a poor goaless period, giving him words of encouragement so that his morale doesnt drop to a very low level.

> In my game, shawcross winning his first England cap, i would have liked to either, give him my encouragement in the forthcomming fixture or to praise him for winning his first cap (or their first goal) improving player relations etc

> Give expectations of a key fixture ahead? maybe a european fixture where u expect your key defenders to remain calm?. or perhaps someone on a yellow to not dive in? or a youngster to not get overawed by their first trip to wembley for the fa cup final?

> Just adding to what is already listed, player is playing ok, but u feel he could improve a little (without seemign quite as harsh as some of the already listed options) etc

Anyway just a thought, and would like to know any ideas from you guys/ gals as to how this feature can be made even better.

Game has certainly come along way since the days of only being able to gauge how good a goalkeeper is by his influence alone :)

Goodwork to SI and hope you all are having successful games in whatever club u are guiding to honours...

the problem for me is that there is no middle ground.

If a player has a problem, we cannot placate them with a line like,'You are still in my plans and will get games this season', or 'I still rate you as a player/are a part of my future plans(for youngins especially)'.

There's no way of avoiding a confrontation without sacrificing one's integrity.

They just need to make it work as intended. I've just joined Spurs, been there a month. Haven't spoken to Modric yet, but he's handed in a transfer request, which I granted. That's not the problem. What is the problem is that I've tried to chat with him following this, and he won't talk to me, he's said our relationship has broken down. I've not even spoken to him before this! I can understand him wanting to leave the club, but why he's got a problem with me is bizzare. I should be able to talk to him and ask him why he did this.

Yep, i understand both them points, a bit more middle ground could be added, i cant seem to see the option to say the players current form is acceptable? like in fm2010 to spur him on to improve, seems to be either telling him he is playing badly, not very well, well and outstanding. And i also think if someone has put in a transfer and you havent spoke to him at all then you should at least have one shot at talking to him even if it is a 90% chance that he will not come around (though i have yet to experience this yet).

Dont want to just limit this discussion to just player interaction also tho. Any thoughts on board, agent and other manager interactions too, perhaps even referee or god forbid the f.a?, tho with all the hoo har going on currently that could get a little erm, interesting? lol

Just to add i dont want this to become the overiding part of the game, just a few extra options as this new feature expands

the conversations need to be improved before new additions are considered imo. the lack of middle ground is affecting my games, and at times i need an option to try and calm down a situation.

some excellent suggestions by thankgodforquinn which i hope will be implemented sooner rather than later, but for me, the existing model needs to be near its peak before its upgraded

the conversations need to be improved before new additions are considered imo. the lack of middle ground is affecting my games, and at times i need an option to try and calm down a situation.

some excellent suggestions by thankgodforquinn which i hope will be implemented sooner rather than later, but for me, the existing model needs to be near its peak before its upgraded

I do think we generally need more options. The well documented need for "you are in my first team plans, don't worry" is the most pressing, but there do need to be more diplomatic and friendly options.

I'd like more options to interact with other managers, especially those who you have a good relationship and/or an affiliation with.

• The option to suggest to your parent club's manager that he has a look at one of your players, because he's a talent. Maybe he'd loan him back to you for a season as a thank you?
  • Similarly, the option to tell your parent club about a great player you've discovered who you can't afford to sign. Again, if they like, they could send him on loan to you after signing him if he needs first team football or a work permit.
  • The option to tell your feeder club or a manager who you have a good relationship with about a good young player at another club who you don't need (Wilson Palacios, Wenger and Bruce, anyone?)
  • The option to ask your feeder clubs which players or positions they'd like.
  • To complement this, the option to request a position rather than a player on loan from your good relationship/parent club.

It's a shame SI don't open it up for moddability, allowing the community to add to it

Sure, it'll open up an avenue for super chats (ie. setting them so anything you say will get the highest positive result), but then we already have FMRTE for cheating lol

Things like this (and press conferences) will often benefit by letting the community add to them, since the SI team have limited time to dedicated to each module before having to move along to the next one

Though, I'm sure we used to be able to mod media comments???

Archived